Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2005, 09:52 PM
Admiral

Default Anybody else having problems with this board?

For days I have been having alot of problems with this board. Every time I try to post, it brings me back to the forums menu page, and it takes a 2nd try to post. Same thing for trying to make a new post. I just tried to get on chat and I had to re-install Java, then when I finally got in, I got bumped out twice! Is it just me, or is anyone else having these problems?

donna
Old November 22nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Sorry, Donna, no problems on my end.......but I have heard others saying they have had trouble too.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 10:03 AM
Yeoman

It is the constant " Login " which I have a problem with. I have to log in each and everytime I post. Once I login there seems to be a " time out " feature built in which means after a certain period of time of inactivity I have to login again. Also if I refresh the screen it kicks me out and once again I have to login.

Regards,
Ben
Old November 23rd, 2005, 11:17 AM
Administrator
Admiral

There are a couple of things people can check on their own systems.

Check to see if their Internet Explorer Security Settings are set to Medium or Medium-Low. If these are set to higher you will have to log in and log out numerous times.

If you have certain types of "Cookie Sweeper" software that automatically clears your cookies this will also require you to login numerous times.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 23rd, 2005, 11:24 AM
Admiral

RD> I got an e-mail with an attachment from you a while back (after your PC was repaired) that had your co-ordinates, so I thought it was safe. Nay Nay. The file immediately tried to close the Explorer window, so I purged it right away and did a complete virus and spyware scan, just to be sure. The virus probably accessed your address book, and tried to propagate.

I suspect you have not cleaned out all the spyware, browser hijackers etc from your little bundle of joy. Time for another visit to the shop, I think.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old November 23rd, 2005, 11:45 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.

Hi thee,

I ahve been trying to add a link to my postings - the Big Red Kissing Lips URL so that you can all get free kissses

I have followed the prompts and that is why thre is no image in my photo gallery - I did what it said from the Image Library following the step by step instructions but it hasn't worked and I am fed up of trying.

How can I get those big red lips to kiss you all at the end of my postings PLEASE?????????

In desperation of being so stupid - KG
Old November 23rd, 2005, 04:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Try copying this below and pasting it in a new message, or your signature:
Code:
[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/animated/kiss.gif[/img]

By the way - for all of you suddenly having problems. We have not changed anything on our end since we arrived at the current configuration (which was just a few days after to changeover to the new message boards). I am sorry you are having problems, though!

I would recommend going to the TOOLS menu above, selecting INTERNET OPTIONS, and under the GENERAL tab select DELETE COOKIES. Also do what Mike suggested and check your securuty settings. Let us know if any of these things work for you. Thank you!
Old November 23rd, 2005, 09:19 PM
Admiral

No problems here, Donna. If I knew anything about computers, I'd try to help you out, but I don't, so I won't! Good luck!