Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Beginner

Default Deer Hunting!!

Hey Everyone!!!

Hope ya'll had a great Thanksgiving!! Mine was going well until my son called and told me he was leaving for Las Vegas this coming Monday for more "desert training" for his 2nd deployment to Iraq come February or
March. This time he's going to Baghdad. Last time he was well south of all
the fighting and roadside bombs. So, I'm pretty depressed right now. I'll be deer hunting the next three days tho, and the thing I want most is to send him a picture of his mama getting her first deer (food on the table),
before he leaves!! I want him to be just as proud of me as I am of him!!
Poor kid had to call me last night and ask me how to fry an egg! <>
That made me feel good...him calling dear ol' mom for something so simple! Sorry, I haven't posted lately...but I've been out in the woods and
as you know I can't communicate from there! <> I have to sit still and
be very quiet! hahahaha I'll make up for lost time soon!! Take care and be safe out there!! I'm armed and dangerous if you've got 4 legs! <> Gee Whiz! A Cruise would do me good about now!! lol Thanks for letting me vent!! I got alot of catchin' up to do on all the posts come Sunday! Sea Ya's!!!
Hugs,
Korinne
Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Hoping you get your deer. Will pray for you son.
Old November 25th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Korrine:

My best to your son and I know that he will do well in Iraq. I have a very close friend who was a Special Forces Captain; The commander of a police S.W.A.T team and a guy you wouldn't ever mess with that is now happily retired and living in Hawaii. However, the man is totally inept in the kitchen.

Sit back, stay quiet and the eight point buck will show up at the most inopportune moment. Just keep the gun close by. Remember, you can shoot with your pants down.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 25th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Korrine...
Absolute best wishes for you son. Hope he stays SAFE while serving his country!
Your story about hunting reminded me of the story about a man taking his wife hunting for the first time.
They split up, and he instructed her that if she got a Deer, she had to guard it carefully because other hunters in the area would try and claim it was theirs. He gave her a flare gun to fire in the air as a signal to him, if she bagged one.

After several hours he saw the fare go up in the sky, and he ran towards where it was fired from. He came across his wife pointing her rifle at a guy, and saying "It's MY Deer, and you had better move away".

The guy standing there said.. OK OK, it's your Deer! Just let me get my saddle off of it.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 25th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Captain

Korinne,
Sorry about your son. I hope the govt. can come up with some type of time table that works for all.
You go lady! Wow, a hunter. My DH is just getting ready to leave this minute for some hunting with his freind. It has been a slow year according to the meat butchers and taxidermist in this area.
Good luck!
Karen
Old November 26th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Captain

Hi,
DH got a deer last night. Now I will have vension sausage to put in the puff pastry for my English holiday tea. Yippee!

Karen