Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Captain

Default organic eating

Hi,
I did my shopping order partially from the health food store in town. My pantry organic selection has been growing in the past few months. I started with just the organic milk. I have discovered a new world at the health food store. I was curious to see if I felt any different. I actually don't take naps anymore in the afternoon. I used to feel tired and had trouble getting through the day. I don't know if changing what I eat has done it but makes me wonder.
Do any of the other CMers buy organic products? DH is starting to get concerned because of the cost. He is afraid that it costs too much more. I kept the receipt to do an analysis. I think if I just went to the health food store that it really would not be much different because there is not a lot of junk to tempt me.

Karen
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Hi Karen, I agree that Organic can be good for you, but It is expensive, not because it is more expensive to grow, but is a trend, and that comes with a price. You also have to be careful, because some are labeled organic, and are not.

Good Luck on your new find. If it makes you feel good, then that's all that matters.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 27th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Captain

Thanks Luanne,
My DH said that about the fact that some things are just labeled organic. Bummer!
Old November 27th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Administrator
Admiral

If you see a positive effect on you and it is not breaking your budget then you should do what is good for you.

I do have one big caution: Watch what you are buying. Just because it's labeled organic does not mean it is good for you. It can still be high in sodium, sugar, fat, carbs or anything else. Like anything in life: Anything taken to the extreme is bad.

If others in the house are not eating it then it will be hard to have it in the house.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 28th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Captain

Hey Mike,
Good advice. I'll start checking out the labels. I am like a kid in a toy store. A fun thing. Maybe I will tire of it or maybe, the opposite, it will be incorporated into my diet. I enjoy that the store is small and very personal. DH's family grew up in the town so it is refreshing to see the same people.

Karen