Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pirates attacking ship....what century is this?

When I read this newsbrief about a ship under attack off Africa I nearly fainted! Does this kind of thing happen often? I'm not worried or anything, just curious.
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Evidently, there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye. However, just a weird coincidence, I called my Dad on my cell phone from our cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas and evidently some of the first reports on the attack came from an email sent by a retired Palm Springs physician and passenger Dr. Charles Supple 78, to his son. This fellow was the doctor who brought me into the world over 41 years ago. Small world, isn't it? My mother says..."yes he is the one that is responsible" lol!
Old November 29th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Admiral

It happens every day. This time it just happened to be on a Cruiseship which was very newsworthy but not even a first. The larger the ship the less likely it is to be attacked but rest assured, it happens very often in certain waters.
Jim
Old November 29th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you, I went back and read the past posts on this topic....very interesting, but it would never keep me off a ship!