Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Admiral

Default Cruismates Cruises You Would Like To Take

Hi,

I think it might be helpful to Kuki if he had some idea of the ships or itineraries many members of Cruisemates would be interested in.

I think the most interesting cruise that Peggy and I have taken was a 14 day sailing from Auckland New Zealand to Sydney, Australia on RCI Legend of the Seas with one extra day on each end. All of the ports, as well as the people we met on land, were interesting, fun and educational.

A second cruise that we haven't taken would be a 14 day or so trip covering many ports in South America.

It would be nice to ascertain which cruises interest many of you.
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Admiral

Good idea Paul! As much as I love the Caribbean, and the ports I have frequented (Nassau, Cayman, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Tortola, Cozumel, and San Juan,) I would love to try somewhere new, like Barbados, Antigua and points in the "southern Caribbean" I would also like to try a transatlantic, but getting time off for more than 7 days can be a problem for me.

donna
Old November 29th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

To plant a bug .. how about an 8-nighter to Acapulco, Zijuatenjo and Manzanillo??? Two days at sea down and two days at sea back. Great cruise and ports.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old November 29th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Paul,

You took the ideas right out of my brain. China, Australia/New Zealand, South America and Northern Europe. I look forward to more exotic itineraries and somewhat longer cruises. Now if CM'ers will answer with their wallets is the big question.

I know that my Hong Kong to Osaka cruise has been a dream of mine but many people have been reluctant because of the long airline flights and cruising to a more "unknown" part of the world. I have been very happy because my air flights have been under $900 pp and I was able to get my pre-cruise hotels in Hong Kong for just over $100 per night and doing private tours for far less than the cruise line. Not bad. I personally love going into the "unknown".

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 29th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Southern Caribbean!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old November 29th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Admiral

To the Med! Liberty has a great intinary and other ships are good that do Italy, Greece, and Turkey.
Jim
Old November 29th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

10 night southern out of Florida visting more exotic ports like St Lucia, Antigua and Bonaire....

It is so hard to get everyone together timing wise etc. We have met many people on cruises - some we still keep in contact with and they cruise too but although we missed each other by 3 weeks one year we have not been able to get schedules to match. I'm sure a group cruise would be great! But unless it is when I can go and going where I want to go then it really isn't for me. I'd still love to meet everyone though!!! Debbie
Old November 29th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Admiral

Default CruiseMates Cruises You would like to Take

I'd like to take a cruise that goes to South America around the Straight of Magellan. I think Princess still does that itinerary.

Would also like to do Tahiti. Wish Kuki could get a deal for us on the Paul Gaugin .

Judy
Old November 29th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Dar4960 Send a message via Yahoo to Dar4960

I'd like to take a cruise to Alaska...Actually a cruise anywhere would be great for me...I'd love to meet all of you wonderful folks who post on here daily...
Darlene
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

In my humble opinion, any long cruise of 8 or more days is to much to for a lot of people to get away or spend for.
I would vote for a southeren Caribbean out of Puerto rico. Or maybe a 10 day Alaska. Alaska in May is very nice and is not the high season.
Old November 29th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Admiral

Anything out of Galveston, Houston, or New Orleans! 10 days would be great! Sorry to be so boring, but I don't fly unless I absolutely HAVE to .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old November 29th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Captain

Burmuda cruise, Canada.
Old November 30th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Passenger

Even though DH and I are waiting for our first cruise (12/4/05) we are already looking at the next one. We've been talking about Alaska or Southern Caribbean. DH has 30 days of vacation a year but I only have 10, so anything much longer than 8 days would be very difficult.

Angela
Old November 30th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Beargoose, Is your hubby active duty? The 30 days gave me the idea. I to, would like to do something out of Galveston. Flying is so expensive these days. I would like to do the Panama thing.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 30th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Admiral

I think alot of these are great ideas, but to expensive for most. I think one of the reasons Century had so many bookings is because of the price. Anywhere is fine with me, but looking for good prices. I like alot here still have kids to raise and college funds to feed.

How about a New England Cruise! Good rates! Good Ports!

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old November 30th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Captain

Hey Tina,
I like that idea too. That is one I could get my DH on also. He doesn't like to fly and he is tired of the islands. I vote for a New England in the summer. The people flying can stay in NYC if they want a couple more days or a B to B cruise. It is fun to sail past the Statue of Liberty and under the bridge.
If it's the summer than the FL people can get a break from the heat. I'd love it because I would have others to talk to or sit with if DH feels like not seeing a show etc.
Maybe even for summer 2007. It is a long way off but hey I would plan for that.

Karen
Old November 30th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Well.. interesting reading, following this thread for a few days

As you can probably tell, everyone wants to go everywhere, as long as they don't have to fly, walk, pay too much, or if the timing is right... and they'll think about it if it's the right ship

This is PRECISELY why we offer several choices every year. The history of the CruiseMates group cruises tells us, in fact, that the longer cruises generally attract the most people.... like the upcoming Get Lei'd Version 3, which has 100 people going.
Our largest group ever was on Sensation a couple of years back.. with 480 sailing out of Tampa for Thanksgiving.
So... we kind of listen to people who actually vote with their bookings

But we do have a 7 day on the Freedom of the Seas, the 5 day New Years Party of the Century.. followed by the 8 day Carnival Liberty, and the trip with Mike to the Far East.

We had a cruise out of Galveston last year on the Grand Princess, and very few booked it. Awhile back we offered a sailing out of New York, and had NO interest.

Also, now with cruise line's recent policies, group cruises are getting more difficult to do, because they don't allow group space to be held too long. An example, our recent transatlantic on the Carnival Liberty. Sold very well the first few weeks, then Carnival pulled the space.

... we are always working on updating the offerings for CruiseMates group cruises, and always try and come up with a broad cross section of ships and itineraries. So.. if you see one where the timing is good, and an itinerary you like, book it.

Bottom line ---- the people who come on our CruiseMates group cruises have GREAT times, and make lifelong friends. And we've got a number of people who have now done 7, 8.. even 10 of our group cruises! There's much more to what makes them so good, than what ship, and what itin. they are doing!!!

Hope one day we'll find that one that works for you, and you can find out for yourselves.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 30th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Captain

Hi Kuki,
What was the New York cruise that didn't go over? Which itin. etc? Has Cruisemates done a family oriented cruise? I notice a tendency to shy away from high child traffic times(which I don't blame for certain clientele) How about a summer cruise that is geared towards families? It can attract a new segment. The people who don't want to be around children can go at other times. Just some thoughts I have. Of course, you know what goes over best.

Karen
Old November 30th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Some day when Jake can get the time off needed we would love to do Australia/ New Zealand and the Tahitian Islands. Like Kuki said, time, ship, money, length of flight times sure do get in the way.

Phyll
Old November 30th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Admiral

We actually did Tahiti in 2001. It was a wonderful cruise on the R-3 a fantastic ship. The price was very cheep and even the air was not that expensive at that time. We only had 7 couples book so that cannot be called a successful group.
Jim
Old November 30th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Admiral

It does not make any difference where we go, just as long as I have the time to take off and the money for the trip..I am ready.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I want to go almost everywhere. I would pass on New England. I was born and raised here. I would also pass on Alaska. Being a native New Englander I have had enough snow and ice. Give me anyplace warm and tropical Also Europe. I had really wanted to go on the Liberty cruise but could not. I am not fussy, a cruise is paradise as far as I am concerned.. If it is Carnival, then all the better.

Laura
Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Admiral

I would prefer a South Pacific cruise; Tahiti, Moorea, Raratonga, et. al. It would seriously cut into the cruise budget but it's one place I want to see before I leave this planet.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:38 PM
Yeoman

i would love to go on a CM cruise, my problem though is I can't sail away unless my son was out of school, or up North with Family, in which case I would be sailing solo. I don't really care where we went, but i couldn't do anything more then 7 days.

Now, if you had asked what our "fantasy" cruise would be, well then, I would have a great answer for you!