Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2005, 02:05 AM
Admiral

Default An 80's Music Love Story

Back in the 1980's, I was a Smalltown Boy, Too Shy Shy, a Goody Two Shoes, and had a Heart of Glass, it seemed. No way would I have a Love Bizarre, or a Bizarre Love Triangle for that matter, only a Good Thing. I was a Kharma Chameleon, always Working For the Weekend, but never wearing my Sunglasses at Night. But, Suddenly, Last Summer, she turned A Whisper to a Scream. I was Head Over Heels. She had the Look of Love, she had Legs and her name was Rio (and she danced upon the sand). What a Situation, it was More Than This. She Drives Me Crazy. She was Just What I Needed, my Obsession. I said Be Near Me, because One Way or Another, You Spin Me Round. She said Wot? Save It For Later. I feel like I'm Invisible, You Don't See Me, but I am Hopelessly Devoted to You. My tongue was in tatters (I was Shattered). The only line I could muster was The Reflex: Boom Boom Boom (Let's Go Back To My Room). Bigmouth Strikes Again, The Devil Inside. She Hit Me With her Best Shot, man, it felt like a Sledgehammer. I thought to myself: "If You Leave, there will be no Tenderness". I was Alone to Enjoy the Silence. All By Myself. How can We Sleep When Our Beds Are Burning? I let out a Shout: Don't You Forget About Me! Then I Ran So Far Away, to Roam on the Road to Nowhere, lose myself In a Big Country. I ordered One Bourbon, One Scotch and one Beer. Soon I was in Rapture. Comfortably Numb. I told my bottle "I Melt With You". Heaven Knows, I'm Miserable Right Now. I was in a Mad World, seeking only Pale Shelter. Who needed a Girlfriend in a Coma. It was only Tainted Love, I told myself, and Love Will Tear Us Apart. I was Alive and Kicking, and needed to find Love My Way. But there is not much Life in a Northern Town. I was still In Between Days, Staring at the Sea on Blue Monday, and Here Comes The Rain Again. This is what it sounds like, When Doves Cry. Should I Stay or Should I Go, seek my Personal Jesus? My conscience said Relax, Don't Do It. Oh, Well, I thought, It's No Good, I Might As Well Jump! The Tide is High, I was sinking Down Under, ending my Wild Wild Life, going on up to the Spirit in the Sky. Here's Where The Story Ends. And you know this much is True, it's my Policy of Truth. Would I Lie To You?

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2005, 03:17 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

What's scary is that I recognize about 90% of those songs!
Old December 2nd, 2005, 05:03 AM
Admiral

you have far too much time on your hands..you need to find a new hobby (VBG) and you should add more Motown hits into your presentation
Old December 2nd, 2005, 10:53 PM
Admiral

Venice> Motown happened about 20 years before my hero took the plunge, with the possible exception of Michael Jackson.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old December 3rd, 2005, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Cruise Cynic..OK, I'll bite..who was your hero ? If the clue is 20 years before the plunge could it be John Lennon ?

You know you will force me to dig into my extensive 60's Mmotown and 70's Disco record collection to come up with a version of your excellent posting !!!!
Old December 5th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Admiral

As a big 80s music fan, I LOVED this post, Cynic!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old December 5th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Way to co CC ..I really enjoyed your post. This is about the time I switched from country or just added some R-R to my listening. I have been mostly R-R since about '84 anyway. The country songs were starting to mirror my life and I HAD to make a change.