Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2005, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Saturday Morn...No one is up?

Helllloooooooooo Kids,
I am off to work in the cold Off to sell, scarves, baubles, and suits to all womenkind Have a good day!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2005, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

I'm up and out the door too. Have a great weekend CM's
Old December 3rd, 2005, 08:26 AM
Captain

Good Morning CMs'

I like Trip, am up early this moring as I am finishing up some paperwork before our monthly drill. I am lucky as our Battalion Headquarters is only 15 minutes down the road.

For all of you retirees out there, if your state has a State Defense Force or State Guard, check them out, it is a great way to give back to your community.

Hve a Great Day.

John 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old December 3rd, 2005, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from chilly Orlando. Getting ready to meet some friends for breakfast and maybe start to attack Christmas shopping. Son is off at another drum and bugle corp audition.
Angela Z.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Saturday morning CruiseMates!! I am up and at work this morning. The kids get hungry weekend or not!. It has been a few days since I have been able to post. I have missed getting online and reading the chit chat. Cold here in NH"s Lakes Region this morning. Have a great day all.

Laura
Old December 3rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! It is deck the halls day in the Roberts household. Right now DW is rearranging the limbs of our artifical. Soon I will be outside needlessly risking life and especially limb on a rickety ladder to decorate the house. Went to Weight Watchers this morning and found I lost 0.4 pounds despite the tiramasu that forced itself on me during the cruise.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 3rd, 2005, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Papa and Gram have been up for a while. Getting ready for a visit from Madelyn today. She is 5 months now and quite a handful.
Getting rid of a few old suits I've been saving for when I lose that 25 pounds (not happening) so a trip to the Goodwill store is next. I found five brand new dollar bills in the pocket of one suit. They were dated 1995 so that will show you how long it has been since I weighed 185 pounds. Gram is taking me to see Andrea Botcelli Sunday evening at Continental Airline Arena in NJ. Should be a nice start to the holiday season.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning gang,,,
We have a beautiful sunny but chilly (40) day in store for us here on the east coast of Va.
Got the tree up last night,,now just have to get the rest of the stuff done. Then get the shopping done,,,goodness don't even want to think about that,,,,
Hope eveyone has a great Saturday,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........no more snow but still cold.....lows in the low 30's & maybe 40 for the highs......

Not much going on today........

Y'all have a good Saturday......

Sharon
Old December 3rd, 2005, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Morn . . . No One is Up?

Good morning from Southern California where our rain storm fizzled. Things are beginning to dry out.

And a good thing, too, because today, Keith and I will go to the Holiday Look In. This annual event raises money for the Pasadena Philharmonic.
While I am definitely not a classical music fan, I really look forward to going into the fancy mansions which have been done up for the holiday and professionally decorated by local florists.

I won't get anything done at my own humble abode, though. Enjoy your Saturday, CM's.

Judy
Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Cruisemates. It is cool and windy here today. I just got up, so can not be held accountable for what I say. I have just informed Hubby that he needs to do the grocery shopping today. That should be fun.

Have a great day!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning gang! Been up for a couple of hours - had to finish reading a book I started yesterday.....now am going to go back to sleep to take a nap before heading off to work this afternoon. We have a winter storm watch up for my area for up to 6 inches of snow for this afternoon and evening....the drive home from work tonight should be fun....NOT!

Have a great day everyone and stay warm!
Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Still single digits in Calgary, but the snow has stopped at least. We haven't even hit below zero temps yet, but I'm surprised at just how cold it feels.

My partner is back from vacation, so today will be the routine brunch with my father, and not too much planned for afterwards. In the winter months I tend to hibernate
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

I regret to say that I took a fall this morning and I am now suffering from brain damage. I fell flat on my butt.

We've had about 2" of very fluffy snow and I shoveled the first part of the driveway and the sidewalk. That's where the fall occurred. Other than the brain damage, there was no other damage.

Tonight is my wife's office Christmas party. I will go and be the office husband. It isn't too bad. I know a number of the people she works with and people in her company. I'll have to talk to her big boss and make sure she receives the time off for the Cruise of the Century. I think four scotch and sodas should work.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon!
It's now 12:10 PM and I've been up since shortly after 7 for Chorale practice at 8AM. Been back since 9:30PM, and catching up with email correspondence. I've had a couple of fairly late nights.
We're starting the process of cleaning up this room for my son's visit. It's used as the "staging area" for lots of "stuff". Now it has to be put away! I guess we'll get out some of the decorations-the neighbors who are "into it" have their lavish light display on their houses so we have to put out some "glitter". There is a golf cart parade on Tuesday night, so we don't want to be in the dark. I have some "in house" decorations in my little suitcase that will be put around but we've decided not to put up the straggly artificial 5ft tree that generally goes in our back screen room. I'll have the familiar house stuff for Jamie next week, and then we could do more when 16year old grandson, Jeremi, arrives on Dec. 20. He can help IF we get a different tree.
Right now it's a little cool outside-64-but sunny here in Avon Park, FL. It should reach 71 today and maybe a couple of days in the mid-upper 70's before another cooldown. We will brave 69-71 at the end of next week. Cool for us, comfortable for my Ohio son.
Bye for now. I need to start looking like I want to contribute to the "tidying up". Not yet-but will do some little stuff. Tomorrow night is our Chorale Concert. Can anyone say "Halleluiah Chorus"?-That's our last number and the jury is still out as to whether we're still going to do it.
Take care. Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:25 PM
Yeoman

And a good morning from Fort Worth! Its a nice 59 degrees with a 47% humidity, no wonder I have a headache! Its supposed to get up to 80 today...yuk! Nothing much on my plate today, going to think about cleaning this dust bowl i live in, noticed the kitchen floor needs to be mopped, and bathroom cleaning day. Would rather be on a cruise. Feeling better, though I am sending my son to his fathers in Washington for Christmas so I can get my surgery done and out of the way. No decorating this year, so no ladders and trees to deal with.

Hope all have a wonderful and happy weekend!
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:55 PM
Captain

hi cruisemates was up real late last night working on a baby quilt im makeing it for my niece this will be here frist baby its in the teens here in
mpls its a good time to work on this project also going to up my christmas
three and also to work on my cards hope you all have a good day