Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Default Caller I.D. (Fluff Post of the Day)

My son is giving me and his mother (my ex)a T-Mobile Sidekick 11 for Christmas..He is a very practical, logical child and his reasoning is that during Kartina when the phones did not work, text messaging did, so he will never again have to go without hearing from me in another hurricane..One of the many unique features is that he can program special rings or music that will be distinctive for the person calling..so, he called me to find out who calls me the most (so he can program it in since he knows it will take me 8 years to figure it out) and what song (I.D). do I want associate with the caller. I told him I just like the plain old phone that I've had for 30 years where you actually dial the number, but he went into his mantra about me getting into the 21st century

Since he just purchased one he asked me what song did I want for my caller I.d. and of course I said "Cruising by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles" and of course he said "Dad, that's too obvious, try to expand your horizons beyond cruising", so we settled on both of our favorite song "Cat In The Craddle" because I always remind him of that song now that he is grown up and moved away and has a family and career and son of his own. I wanted to do the Air Force Fight Song for him but he hates that song. For everyone else but my son, my caller I.D. song would be "Venice" by Rick Braun which is a smooth jazz piece that reminds me of my favorite city on God's earth

So my project today is to figure out my songs and I thought it would be fun and upbeat to ask my fellow CM'ers who would never call me, but if they did, what ring (song) would they want me to program in so I could tell who it was without looking at the caller I.D.

For Instance :

Since my GF had to relocate to Atlanta due to Katrina the song would be "Midnight Train From Georgia"

My best buddy Julie (her mom and her went with me on my smooth jazz cruise) would be the "Looney Tunes" music from the cartoons since she is a big tweety bird fan

My best buddy Renee who was on the cruise also and claims to have forgotten how to use my new digital camera when I was singing with the Smooth Jazz Allstars(of which I will never forgive her) would be "Got to Give the People Want They Want" by the Ojay's (this was the song I was singing)

When my cardiologist calls it would be "Ache Breaky Heart"

When FEMA calls me to tell me they have yet to process my check the caller I.D. would be "Get High With Alittle Help From My Friends"

Now that I hope you get my drift, what song would you like your caller I.D. to be, remembering it can have nothing to do with cruising

for instance :

If Dave the Wave called me it would be Brittany Spears doing "Surfing USA"

If BigJohn called me, it would be Jimmiy Dean's "Big Bad John " (guess I better have some sausage cooking on the stove in case he comes over)

Jim Bragg would be the "Law and Order Theme"

RollerDonna would be (what else) "Stayin Alive by the Bee gees

Cruise Cynic would be "Theme from Star Trek"

Luanne Russo would be "Pink Floyd-The Wall " (hey teachers, live those kids alone)

Thomas would be "Going to the Chapel" in honor of his upcoming event

Remember, the song you choose, says alot about your "inner child" personality good luck and have a GREAT day !!
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:33 PM
Yeoman

I guess mine would be the Washington Redskin Fight song. (diehard fan) or the theme song from Scooby Doo.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 01:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

That was cute Venice. now I have "my song" stuck in my head!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 4th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Mine would have to be Tessie by Drop Kick Murphy - the Red Sox Theme Song or Sweet Carolie by Neil Diamond - also a favorite around Fenway Park
Old December 4th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I like to help adoptees search for their bio;ogical families. So I guess "Searching" would be my caller id song. The song comes from the 59's 60's era and this old gal can't remember the artist.

Laura
Old December 4th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Captain

I'd be " Don't Worry be Happy". Dh says "Evil Woman".

Karen
Old December 4th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Back before I sent his cell phone thru the washer (the man is 49 I shouldn't have to check his pockets!) his ring tone for me was "Brickhouse". I wanted to die when he told me this!
I have Under the Sea programmed for when my daughter calls me, the Georgia Tech fight song for my son (he no longer wants to go there but I haven't looked for the UGA fight song yet) and my husbands ring tone is the Imperial March from Star Wars. For awhile I had a Napoleon Dynamite ring tone for dh.....the phone would ring like a normal phone and then you heard Napoleon saying "freakin idiot".
As for what I would pick for myself.....maybe Bruce Springsteen Born to Run since I'm always ready to take off and go!
Angela Z.
Old December 4th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Yeoman

Oh Angela, I laughed at that. You will have to check the mans pockets until the day he dies! My husband is laughing to, agreeing!
Old December 4th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Angela.."Brickhouse ????"..boy do we need to talk (VBG)
Old December 4th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

No, we don't need to talk...I was horrified by it....sure I lost 30 pounds in the last year but there was no amazing transformation beyond that! Oh well, it was a nice thought though!
Angela Z.
Old December 4th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Admiral

well, it must be a cultural clash..in some circles that term is a term of endearment...but not in your case it appears
Old December 4th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I wish I was built like a brickhouse instead the broad side of a barn.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 4th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Admiral

Luanne..in some cultures that would be considered very appealing
Old December 5th, 2005, 01:26 AM
First Mate

I should not have read this thread because now I have "
the candy man can' running thru my head
Old December 5th, 2005, 01:33 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

One of my friends has the song (from back in the 1970's) I'm Not Lisa, by Jessi Colter, programmed as my ring on her cell phone.....boy do I ever hate that song!!!
Old December 5th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Admiral

LMBO..That is good Venice..Jimmy Deans is pretty good sausage.

But if I had to pick one, I guess it would have to be "MidNight Hauler" by Razzy Bailey. From my truck driving days. Plus A good friend of mine wrote the song.