Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Monday AM!!!

Good morning everyone from a VERY cold SE Wisconsin where it is 9 degrees at this time....I'm sure Mike M and others up north of me are colder still.

Was a quiet weekend at work, but I'm dealing with a kinked muscle in my upper back - makes moving very difficult at times.....hopefully it will resolve soon - I don't think I can take much more of this!

Anyway - down to 60 days before I board the Liberty.......gettiing a little excited and making inquiries about acquiring the night vision goggles and other equipment for stalking my docs!

Have a great day everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Lisa and all the CM's to follow. It is cold here too! I really, really hate winter. Lisa, we must be cruising the same weekend....exactly 2 months from today, I'll be boarding Mariner of the Seas for our family reunion cruise...I CAN'T WAIT!
The weekend was a busy one. We had the craft show on Saturday....Jackie did okay, but the crowd was much smaller than previous years. I ran errands most of yesterday and wrapped a few presents last night. Guess I had better finish my shopping soon and get my holiday cards in the mail. I hope you all have a great day!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 5th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Lisa, you are up very early. I bet you didn't even go to bed.
Well good morning every one. Busy day ahead.
So very much to do for Christmas. I have the shopping all done, gift cards for the family, small non expensive things for co workers, and a nice gift for dh boss.
Hope you all have a great day and only 20 days till ...
Old December 5th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! We are under a Winter Storm Warning for an Nor'easter starting this afternoon . Tomorrow morning I will be like a little kid peeking out the window to see if there will be school Hope not much of it falls before my commute home. At home the indoors is all decorated, next weekend we do the outside.

Everyone have a great day!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 5th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I had a busy weekend, and I've yet to buy one X-mas gift. Except for the sweater DW found and told me that I could wrap it up and put it under the tree for her. We got our tree cut and decorated on Saturday after a morning of fruitless hunting. Yesterday we had a choral concert at church in the afternoon, so I missed the Bills blow another game. Boy, what a team!

The boss is away from the plant for a week, so maybe I'll be able to get some work done.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 5th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the frosty suburbs of NY City. Snow yesterday,a bit more tonight. Gram and I saw Andrea Bocelli at Continental Airline Arena last night. What a beautiful voice.
Paid $1.99 a gallon for regular in NJ. Easily 30 cents cheaper than around here.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Captain

Hi Doug,
I am part of that and I didn't realize it starts possibly in the afternoon or early evening. I better check my local forecast as I am north of you. Have to take my Mom to the dentist and she is 45 minutes away. Darn!

Lisa, 9 degrees brrr! 18 here.

ML, The craft fair soulds like such fun. I have to hit one this year.

Eddie I missed the greening of my church yesterday and got to see some football. Opposite of your day.

K
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

A very light snow is falling. Everything is looking very Christmasy, it is nice. Really puts you in the mood. Had to order a new color printer yesterday. Barely used the old one, (it calved about 14 months after we bought it). I need to get the family newsletter printed - and we add lots of pictures. It is such a lot of work, but everyone tells me how much they enjoy it, so I guess I can't stop. Tho' I certainly tempted.

Have a few hours to put in at the office today, but have lots of stuff I need to accomplish at home too. Hope I can balance it all!

Everything is very quiet here. Husband is on call again this week, no big windstorms are predicted.

Hope everyone enjoys a great start to their week.
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Yeoman

Good morning. It's 28 degrees here won't be much warmer then 50. My poor husband just set off to the airport heading for Chicago, then to New York, and it is but 7 degrees there at O'Hare. I'll have to tell him about the weather heading into NY. He said he would bring some snow home, if possible.

Nothing else exciting today, taking the dog for his walk, then heading off to my library to volunteer my 4 hours. Gotta stock up on more books to read!

Have a good day to all!
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates and I hope you all had a good weekend.

Weather news in Atlantic Canada is not so much as what have but, rather what we don't have. Here we are in December and no snow on the ground. We had less than an inch a couple weeks ago and it went away the same day.

This can be worse than having a lot of snow. Instead of snow, we had a tremendous amount of rain and the ground is saturated. If we start having a cold spell without snow to act as an insulation, there will a lot of water pipe bursting. Without snow golf courses will be a sheet of ice and ruin the greens.

Also, our winter tourism economy is very dependant on snow.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida. Still pretty warm down here, was close to 80 yesterday and will repeat itself again today. All of you up north, try to stay warm. Wish I could send you all some of the warmer weather.

Xmas tree is up, most of my shopping is done and the presents are wrapped and under the tree. Now the trick is keeping the pup away from it all. He just doesn't seem to understand why there is a tree in our living room.

'da Coot' has a procedure scheduled today at Florida hospital so that should take care of most of the day for us.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Morning all:

I am here. Still very angry, hurt, and forever changed but life must go on so I'll go on pretending all is ok for my kids sake. Inside is a different story. Thank you to all that have sent caring words.

All done with all the Christmas hoopla. House decorated, all gifts bought, wrapped, sent, baked. Just have this desire to get it over with this year.

Weather is cold in Michigan, because well...it's winter! Duh! Lite snow and lets hope that noreaster stays east. Taking Mom to a few appointments today and then out to lunch.

Thats all for now...

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old December 5th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning cruisemates from Cold Central Texas. I have to work today, so I am off, and some would say in more ways than one.

Have a good Day

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 5th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the Arizona desert. I bought a really cute Christmas sweathsirt yesterday, but I think it's too warm to wear it! Sorry, all you guys dealing with winter! But I know you'll get me back in June when you're comfortable and we at 115 degrees plus!

Nothing on the agenda but a normal work day today. have a great Monday, Cruise Mates!
Old December 5th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Yeoman

Ahh Tbug, Wish there was something I could do to cheer you up. These horrid things life throws at us sucks. I'm sorry for your pain, you really aren't alone. Want some Chocolate?
Old December 5th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl..have not posted too stressed out. Middle daughter was in hospital due to her acute toncellities. They gave her steroids and it helped with the swelling go down.The white stuff is going away but it's still bad.She came home saturday afternoon, was there overnight.
On the bright side we bought Aiden a potty and he went peee pee in it yesterday Isabella seems to be doing better too but her stomach is still large.
Kids are getting ready for school now. In bewteen all this it's still a battle with middle daughter. But she knows if she doesn't go to school she will be in trouble.
I am on stress tabs again since I am very stressed out. A natural vitamin that does wonders.

Take care mates
Old December 5th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Morning - Yup, the snow is coming today, we are supposed to get 2-4" and that is more than enough!

The babies don't care for the cold, can't wait to see what they think of several inches of snow.

House is a disaster - new doors are supposed to be installed today, having a surround sound system put throughout the house (controls in each room) and it is supposed to be done before the weekend.

We have our large party this Sunday - 150+ attending.
Old December 5th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
They say the big snow coming, will be around the Cape, lets see of it happens that way Today I am snuggling up inbed with tea and my book...ok maybe a load of laundry or two....and that's MY day

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 5th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando....sort of a grey day after a spectacular weekend. I'm feeling like such a slacker after reading how many of our cruisemates are done shopping, baking and wrapping.
Thanks for making me feel better Eddie! I haven't shopped much either. The tree is up, the lights are on and my son and I will decorate this afternoon when he gets home from school. Baking will be next weekend.
Angela Z.
Old December 5th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........still cold.....low 30's maybe 40. Not as cold as some of you......snow is almost gone!!! Yeah!!!!

Not much going on today.....laundry & Larry working out in the shop...

Y'all have a good Monday

Sharon
Old December 5th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Cold snap continues in Calgary with temps hovering near 0 F. Not my idea of fun

Off to work this morning, and the final countdown to our charity christmas party this Friday. Think we're almost sold out, so that should come to 6 or 7 thousand dollars to the local Food Bank.

Had our first "Get Lei'd 3" chat last night, and seems we have a great group going. Looking forward to the antics Under 5 weeks now!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 5th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates and let me be the first to tell you that it WAS NOT ME that climbed the White House Fence. Just another black eye for our state. I am so embarressed
I had a very good weekend and harvested a deer for the freezer. We watched the Fight on PPV saturday night and was happy with the outcome of that. Hope you all have a wonderful day and please stay safe.
Old December 5th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Beginner

It’s cold in Texas too, Partly cloudy 48* feels like 42*. Nobody at my house wanted to get out of bed this morning. South Texan Teenagers are not used to the cold!
Have a good day!

Jackie
Old December 5th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Jupiter Fl where it is already in the 70's. You won't have to listen to me talk about this balmy weather for the next 10 days. (aren't you glad??? ) I'll be flying up to WI tomorrow to get some medical tests done and see my doctors. I've planned a 10 day stay. I must be crazy!!!!! We sat on the beach yesterday soaking up the sun's rays. Even saw a cruiseship off in the distance going somewhere tropical. I can guarantee that we won't be sitting on the beach by Lake Michigan next weekend!

Haven't started my Christmas shopping or my cards. I'll do mostly gift cards, certificates and cash anyway so I'm not worried. (yet)
Jake and I decided to book a room at the Gaylord Palms resort in Orlando Florida for 2 nights after Christmas as our gift to each other. They have an ice sculpture exhibit that sounds awesome.

Well have a good day all and take care.
Phyll
Old December 5th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates! Its a chilly one today. We got about 2" of the white stuff yesterday, it is so pretty. Another storm heading our way for tomorrow.
We cut our tree on Saturday, and i spent the afternoon decorating it. It is so pretty.
RJ went skiing on Sunday, it was the first weekend that the slopes opened so off they went.
I have a good portion of my gifts taken care of. I have to get it in gear and finish my baking.
Old December 5th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday AM

Good morning from cold, windy Southern California.

Wow, you folks that are all done shopping, wrapping, and sending
I haven't begun any of it. I plan to do some catalog shopping this afternoon. I must write a newsletter, too. It will be so different from last year with Keith's travails.

DH will go to the gym shortly. Then I will start on a list of phone calls (including Nancy Bogart to book the Liberty post Cruise of the Century) and finish the ironing.

Have a good Monday, CM's.

Judy
Old December 5th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates! I'm back from a trip which combined business and pleasure - visiting my parents for Thanksgiving, then staying there through last week for work. I'm glad I got to go.

Now all I have to do is count down the 10 days until my Inspiration cruise! It's been a while since we've been on a "new to us" ship so we're excited! And hopefully, our shore excursion to Chichen Itza - a lifelong dream for me - is still on.

Hope everyone's had a great week.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old December 5th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Good morning from a few degrees above freezing Vancouver. We got a bit more snow yesterday, but it is supposed to slowly start melting this week.
Never checked in the GM post this weekend. Saturday was the girls' first Nutcracker performance. They both did very well. My youngest(8) looked so cute in the Party Scene! Yesterday was my birthday and I received 2 pounds of good chocolates! Just what I needed!...not! It was my 14 yr.old's suggestion to buy that as a gift! But they are certainly yummy!
Work later today. Still have not got much Xmas'y stuff done besides shopping!
Judy-when you typed 'travails', I assume you meant troubles/problems? Just checked my Fr-Eng. dictionary; it can mean 'trouble'.
Everyone-take care. Bye for now. Brenda
I tried out that ski-doo brand toboggan thing I bought the girls at Costco. That thing can really go!!!!!!