Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Default Trivia on Princess

On a couple threads, I noticed that "Trivia" is played on Princess?

Two questions:

1. Would this be on all Princess cruise ships, we will be on Sun Princess?

2. Is Trivia like the game "Trivial Persuit"? Or, does it have a particular theme?

Thanks,

Bill
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Team Trivia is played on all Princess ships ... at least all I've been on which is 6 of them (plus a couple twice) - and it definitely was played on the Sun. Just returned from the Caribbean Princess where I won 7 of the 10 games I played - with different team members. Teams vary between 4 and 6 per team - depends on the Cruise Director's choice.

Yes, the questions are similar to Trivial Pursuit - sometimes they're all music type (that's mostly in the evening about 9ish when I'm at dinner) which is fine with me cuz I'm no good at that topic. It's usually played twice a day - morning (sometime between 10 and 11:30) and afternoon around 4ish.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old December 5th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Recently, on the Star Princess, those of us who wanted to play gathered in the Wheelhouse Bar. Some went as a group, some knew no one and joined a group then had a new set of acquaintances.
In our instance, one of the Activities staff had the questions-this was the morning trivia, and asked the questions from a notebook full of "games". Some seemed harder than others. The questions were diverse. My group won a game-none of the original people I started with at the beginning of the week.
There are different trivia games throughout the day and evening, some are specific--like Oldies But Goodies music, if it's right before the 50's show, for instance.
I thought it was fun. I did best on the music trivia. One member of the staff selected very difficult questions one morning. The other chap was more laid back about it.
One person is selected as the "secretary" for the group and writes down the group's answers. Grading is done by another group. When my group won we received a voucher for a nice gift in the boutique--and it wasn't a luggage tag--better! Alas, we laid the gift down somewhere after we'd gotten it and left it on the ship.
Have a good time testing your knowledge!! Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old December 6th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Thank you CruzNut & Lynne.

When Trivial Pursuit was the rage, we played it often and enjoyed it.

With all of my worthless information knowledge, I think I could be the Cliff Claven (without the white socks) of CruiseMates.

Take care,

Bill
Old December 6th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Admiral

There's usually one of you in every group!! . However, don't change your answers too much. We lost some points that way. And, we all need one of you, as our brains are fuzzy, especially in the AM!! Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old December 6th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Admiral

On one of our cruises the Trivia wasn't Teams, just each to his own. We weren't playing, just watching.

The man sitting behind us won. We watched him write down his answers as the correct answers were given!

At that time I didn't say anything, but now I would ! I've become much more bold after being on CM's ,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old December 6th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Fern,

I caught (actually my wife did) two teams working together doing that. It's pretty pathetic what people will do to win a coffee mug. The difference was that I called the "ladies" on it. I did it quietly and they left but they were very embarrassed and did not play again for the last games.

I am not a cut throat trivia player. Many times I'll give up the prize if it's something I have or won't use it but cheating is something I won't stand for.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 6th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Mike;

A few years ago the professional golfer, Ray Floyd, wrote 4 strokes on a par 3. Everybody thought he had pared.

When asked why he had written down 4 instead of 3 when it was quite obvious that he had only struck the ball 3 times. He replied that during a set up he had accidently touch the ball. His interviewer replied that nobody would have knowed the difference. Ray's reply was: "I would have".

Moral of the story: You can't feel good about yourself if you cheat to win.

Bill
Old December 7th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Admiral

When my friend and I went on our Princess cruise about 5 years ago, we played trivia. It was with the piano player(he was great!) and it was old showtunes. We were very bad, and although we came in last(honestly!) we each won a Princess pen. It was a nice quality (heavy) & just recently ran out of ink.
I can't believe people would cheat!
Brenda