Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Admiral

Default Good Humpday Morning

Good morning, everyone, form Southern California. It's cold, it's dry.

Keith is snuggled up in his wooly, full of holes Shetland sweater, one of two, that he bought in England, heaven knows how many years ago. As I said earlier, the heating bill will be a doozy.

Today is gym day. Nothing else planned that I know of.

Have a good Wed., CM's.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning ??? Guess by clock standards it must be morning. Of course it's 5 o'clock somewhere so......

Been lifting and shoving and decorating and now my shoulders and back are killin' me. You'd think when you've been around as long as I have you would learn but not me.... Just dumb I guess. Anyway sleep isn't working so here I am. Supposed to rain tomorrow I think so maybe if I get to sleep, I'll sleep in in the morning.

You all just have a great day and I'll check back in later.

Carnival Glory
Old December 7th, 2005, 04:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodmorning CruisingK&J and Tweety and all other cruisemates to follow.

Here in Amsterdam it is clouded, rain, temperature 7C or so.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old December 7th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Admiral

Good Hump day evening everyone!

Went to get a quote for seatbelt and rear muffler replacement today.

$235 NZ for the muffler and $420 for the seatbelts.
The major problem is I have grey leather interior and trim and they can only supply "black" seatbealts! Whats up with that!!!! Grrrrrr.

Anyway everyone have a GREAT day!!![/u]

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old December 7th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Admiral

Wow Lombard, your day is almost over, have a nice evening!

Old December 7th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Admiral

And yours is just starting Jacqueline????
I would love to visit your country some day!!!

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old December 7th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombard
And yours is just starting Jacqueline????
I would love to visit your country some day!!!
Yes 10.40 in the morning now, just had a few mugs of coffee to start up

Well, you never know how the wind blows, and before you know it, you find yourself in Amsterdam

Old December 7th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando....too dark out to know what kind of day it's going to be.....gotta work anyway so guess it doesn't really matter!
Yay for hump day!
Angela Z.
Old December 7th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends! It is really, really cold here. The air temp is 20 but the wind chill is 7. I HATE WINTER! Tweety, I had to stop and re-read your post....I thought it said you've been "shoveling" instead of shoving.... I got really worried for a minute. You take it easy today!
Big boss is off today, so I think we will finish the office decorating. Nothing else new here. You all have a great day!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 7th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It looks like Kuki has sent some of that cool Canadian air here to the Northeast. The temp out there is 16F, and I don't want to know what the windchill is!

I've got to get all of my work done in the morning so that I can donate blood here at the plant at noon. For those who are able, this is a wonderful gift you can give during this holiday season. It doesn't cost anything, and they feed you great snacks afterward. (This public service announcement has been brought.....)

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 7th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!!! Back to work again. Should be a continued slow week. It is colder than a well digger's a** around here. So much for global warming. They are predicting more snow in NYC/NJ for Friday.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 7th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Morning all:

Wish my day was almost over like Lombard. I'm tired already and I just got up!

I think just about the whole US is cold right now. Unseasonally cold for this early is December.

Judy you have a high heat bill in Southern California? Wouldn't have thought that. I know it's going to be bad here in MI. I have been listening to the furnace and as soon as it's turns off, it fires right back on.

Have a good day all in your ventures.

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old December 7th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Still a bit of snow sprinkling down. We accumulated several inches in the night. It is cold - about 19. The high is to reach about 22. Tomorrow morning we wake up to single digit temps. Not looking forward to that!

Sons ski trip to Quebec is back on. Seems they found some snow. I was sort of relieved when it was cancelled. See the team leaves on Friday mornng and returns Sunday afternoon. My son has a Madrigal festival with his school select choir. He is one of 4 basses. He asked his teacher to please be excused from it because he had his ski weekend. (The team is really small - about 7 kids, and some are 1st years, so it is important for those who know how to ski be there to teach the newbies).
Well, his chorus teacher said he was her best bass and if he didn't go then she wouldn't bring any of the select choir to participate. That meant 15 disappointed kids. So of course my son said he would go. The Madrigal Festival is 2 hours from here. We won't get home til Midnight. He will have to get up and drive by himself to Quebec City (actually a little past) over a 4 hour drive. He will make it late morning and have most of Saturday to ski. This is their main training event. Especially when we don't have any trails here that are skiable. Of course he still has to pay the whole $100 for the weekend, plus we have to pay his gas up and back. It will be very costly for us, but my main worry is him on the road by himself. Hopefully the roads will be in good condition and he will drive responsibly. No offense to you Canadians on board - drivers in that part of Quebec are not the best. Plus there is the language barrier. He fairly used to driving in Canada - but I think he relies on the fact that it is places he knows how to get to, not reading the signs. Hopefully the French he knows will kick in. Sorry, just a mother's rantings.

Off to work soon. Supposed to have dinner tonight with a lady I used to work with in the Office when I was secretary at the elementary school. She is depressed, facing health issues and family problems and needs cheering up. I've always been able to make her laugh, so she wants to get together. Praying I will be just the medicine that she needs to ease her burden, if even for a few hours.

Starting to feel the pressure of lots to do. Need to get better organized I guess.

I am excited though, that my daughter will be flying in next Wednesday. Beginning to miss her terribly. Haven't seen her since August.

Well I've whined enough. Tho' it is cold, it is beautiful out - just like a scene in a postcard - wish that you all enjoy nature's beauty today.
Old December 7th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Captain

Good morning.

I saw all the temps. posts and had to turn on the tellie. Not as bad as I thought. 21 F or about -4 c. I hate when it goes near or below zero then snows and they can't get it off the road. Great , snow on Friday, the one day I have to drive far.

Take care,
Karen
Old December 7th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

good morning all.
almost have a cold today, still fighting, drinking lots of fresh o.j. from my trees. Going to work today and then to a water color class.
Have a great week. Only 18 days to go
Old December 7th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Admiral

A brisk chilly morning here in Westchester County NY. Colder tomorrow and snow for Friday . Whoopee.
Just wondering why one would need to replace seatbelts ? Seatbelts on cars sold on the US are required to be guaranteed for life by manufacturer. Did you look into that in NZ before paying out all that cash to replace them?
Got the word that Caroline (8) played in her first interschool basketball game the other day. She scored 4 points and her team won 24 to 3.
I can't wait to see her play. She plays soccer and swims as well.
My grandson Philip (5) has benn having some rough times in school . He is in a special all day program that addresses his special needs and we think his recent growth spurt may have him undermedicated a bit. Next Wednesday to the doctor to see about an adjustment for his meds. Papa's
pride, he is a special boy.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old December 7th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl.....wrapped a few christmas gifts yesterday for our grandson and oldest daughter. Today my plan was to go to Ft Myers pick up my dh suit we bought and do some christmas shopping. But middle daughter seems to not be going to school today so my plans are in the gutter. I can't wait to leave friday to just spend time with my dh...Take care my friends
Old December 7th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Yeoman

Goos morning all....THis is what i get to look forward to today!

Weather for Fort Worth, TX
30°F
Overcast
Wind: NW at 12 mph
Humidity: 54% Wed

28° | 19° Thu

They say it will be icy too.

Nothing much happens today, husband came home and the stress levels already shot way up to "Grrrrrrr" He gets flustered easy, so much to do, clients not paying, health issues, and my quiet and serenity of the empty house gone, yea know what i mean.

So I will go file and type and ship and do the books. Yeah.

Have a good one.
Old December 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning Cruisemates from Cold Central Texas. We have a cold front coming in , and this is suppose to be our high for today.(41) This afternoon, we are suppose to start dropping. The wind is blowing, and the rain is too. The cold is suppose to last, but the wet stuff isn't. I don't worry so much about the wet stuff as I do the ones who have to drive in it. You turn the wet white, and they play bumper cars on the road.
Everyone have a safe day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 7th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Hartland WI where my outdoor thermometer is reading 0. The sun is shining trying to fool me, but I know I'll freeze my buns off when I get in that car.

ML, I read tweety's post the same way at first, and had to do a double take. Sure glad she was shoving and not shoveling.

I'm off to have breakfast with my old friends up here. One of the good things about being up this way.

Have a good one all.

Phyll
Old December 7th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! COLD continues in Calgary, but mercury is rising slightly. We may make it to 15 F today But we are supposed to see 50 F by Friday.

The bar is decorated, and everythings set for our Christmas Party Friday.

Got word that the new pacemaker for my mother has FINALLY been manufactured. Now the Drs. have to get special dispensation from the govt. to allow them to put it in. Frustrating process to be sure, since this has been dragging on since Sept.
Old December 7th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Admiral

From this side of the pond I wish you all a good evening. My working day is over and I go home.

Old December 7th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........Kuki......keep your cold temps up your way........we're still above freezing for our lows........

Beautiful sunrise this morning.........makes the day worth it......

Y'all have a good Wednesday......

Sharon
Old December 7th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates! Yes, the cold weather has pushed it's way into Texas. Freezing rain is predicted for tonight. Busy here trying to get shopping, decorating, and a little holiday fun here and there, and be ready for the holidays that are fast approaching!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old December 7th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Good morning from a just above freezing temp. Vancouver. No work now until Monday Dec.19!!!! Must get my X'mas stuff done!
Texans-Wow! It does get cold there too!
PapaBill-I hope they get your grandson's meds all sorted out.
Kuki-that pacemaker problem sounds very complicated!
SeaTrekker-cool! OJ from your own orange trees. You know I am fascinated by: palm trees with Xmas lights, your own orange tree,etc.!
VTJen-Do you send a letter with your son if he is going across the border by himself? I sure hope those border guards speak English well! I hope he has a good map and you can give him a cellphone just in case. As you can tell, I would be worried also.
Everyone-take care. Bye for now. Brenda