Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Thursday AM.......

And here in SE Wisconsin we are having a heat wave!!! 9 degrees right now........much better than the -3 yesterday morning! And they are saying we might get above 20 by tomorrow - this is more like January weather than December. If we ever hit 32 it will feel downright balmy!

Great having the computer problem worked out and being able to post on CM again.....was only gone 2 days, but it was a LONG 2 days!

Down to less than 2 months now til the Liberty......getting excited!!!!

Have a great day everyone.....and I am trying NOT to think about Christmas til this weekend, so please, no one remind me! <vbg>
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Admiral

Good Thursday evening Lisa and all.

Its predicted to be 18C tomorrow with a little rain and a bit of wind.
Pretty much normal for this time of the year.

Looks like cruise season has started over here as I have seen 2 cruise ships in port lately, one being the Pacific Sky and the other one of those fancy smaller ships which I didn't catch the name of.

One more day of work and then it is the work christmas doo at the Lower Hutt Rugby club rooms as the boss is a coach of one of the local teams.
One of my work mates "Aundrie" will be giving me a ride to the doo along with Simon, another work "mate", so it should be a good night woohoo!!!

I hope everyone has a "great day".

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old December 8th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodmorning from cloudy Amsterdam!!
Lombard, you have a good evening and sleep well for later.
Lisa, 2 months to the Liberty, I tell how it was, we sail Jan 21.

To all cruisemates a great day! :o

Read and post cruise reviews

Old December 8th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Captain

Good morning,
Those temps in WI always make me feel a little warmer. Today is 14. A little better than 9. Ahh, there goes the heat again.
A doo is a party Liam? Raise a glass of cheers to all of us while your at it.
Jacqueline, Amsterdam sounds good right about now.

I switched my schedule for work today so off with the snow tomorrow. Yippee! Now where is my buddy Paul Kosar from the weather channel? I am still waiting for a 2 to 3 foot blizzard to arrive. Only 5 to 8 inches with this one.

K
Old December 8th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! Happy Thursday....this could be my Friday...I'm hoping my boss will approve my request for a vacation day tomorrow. Jackie and I spent last night shopping, shopping, shopping. Didn't get home until after 10 p.m......but accomplished much! We are having a big dinner tonight, then hopefully, I can just sit at home tomorrow morning and watch the snow fall. They are predicting a MAJOR snow event for our area. You all have a great day!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 8th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.
Mary Lou, we're having a major rain event today...will hopefully find something to do at the office today rather than going "out in the field". Might be a nice day to just stay home but don't have quite enough vacation time on the books.....sigh...
Liam, enjoy the doo!
Hope all our icy Texas cruisemates are doing well.
Angela Z.
Old December 8th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates: From what I read on this board, Atlantic Canada seem to be one of the few areas experiencing good weather. How the world has changed.

Liam: I know what ''doo doo'' is, never heard what a ''Doo'' is all about? Is it half of a ''Doo Doo''?

Local newspaper, not headlines but, still front page: ''Bids wanted for Stones' pool table'' It goes on: '' Autographed table, used by the band backstage during Moncton mega concert, auctioned on eBay with proceeds to help 2-year-old girl recover from kidney transplant''

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old December 8th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a chilly 9F degrees out there this morning, and we too are bracing for our first major snow event of the year. It all depends on which channel you listen to, but it's probably going to be 7-10". UGH!!!

DH baked some sugar cookies last night, and I decorated them. That will keep me fed 'till the new year.

I've got to go to work, 'cuz it's too cold in my shop to be sitting here in front of the 'puter.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 8th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all from sunny but cool Florida.
the rains brought some cooler weather. It feels good kind of like Christmas.
the neighbors have there light up, lots of traffic around the malls.
We even had a grintch... A robber was stealing the Salvation Army kettles,
he hit 4 places around town, the police put a trap up with under cover cops, he was seen but got away. later,his car was found in a canal & he drowned. He was a drugie with a long rap sheet. sad that he had to die, but what a low life to seal from the S.A.
Have a great day.
Only 70 days till we cruise on the Liberty.
Old December 8th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! Last workday of the week for me. Watched an absolute stunning sunrise over Brooklyn when I got to work. Our elevators are acting weird which is not a happy thing when you work on the 27th floor. Our second snowstorm of the week is scheduled for late tonight and early Friday. Temps are going to be in the 30s and 20s for the forseeable future. How about that Global Warming?

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 8th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Morning all:

Yes we are in winter. My outside temp reads -2! 4 to 8 inches of snow coming tonight. Boy Texas is a mess according to the news. ICE! Hope all our Texas friends stay safe and warm.

Going to run errands today and get ready for the storm. All done with everything Christmas except for wrapping. Time to start the baking.

Have a good day all.

Texasfrye: (((hugs)))

Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old December 8th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It is 2 degrees here. Let's just say the dog didn't linger outside too long this morning. He came back in and stretched out in front of the hot air vent to warm up. Smart dog!

Work today, teach Bible Study this afternoon. Work on some homemade Christmas cards for a Tea group I am in. Not too much on the agenda. Still hoping to decorate tomorrow.

Would like to ask you to pray for my friend Joan. We were supposed to go out for dinner last night. She called in the afternoon to cancel saying that she just couldn't because all she would do is cry and she didn't want to burden me with her troubles. I would love to be burdened by her troubles, because that is what friends do, but I didn't feel it was the right time to push. I fear that perhaps her cancer is back, but that is just speculation. Hoping to get together after the New Year. Please keep her in your prayers if you think of it. Thanks.

Brenda - yes, my son will have a cell phone, I will have him bring his passport as well, map, numbers. I'm sure he will be fine. I'm trying to really just leave him in the Lord's hands and not worry, but it is hard to let go sometimes.

My new printer came yesterday, a Canon pixma 1p6000d. Hope to work on the newsletter this weekend. It would feel so good to get that accomplished. I really want to have all but the baking and the tree done before daughter comes home on Wednesday. I really will have to keep my nose to the grindstone.

I guess I need to get ready to face this frigid day.

Hope you all have a safe day today!
Old December 8th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I would not move out of the house today, but the library has a book for me!! If you want to read a good mystery series, Try Nancy J. Cohen..Her main character is a Florida Hairdresser, her newest is called, Dead Roots..You will love it...I also received some great beads, so today & tomorrow, I will be a busy bee... so, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

Make it a good one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 8th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning from south west Florida where the temps are fine
Daughter went to school and I am planning a trip to Ft myers today to do some book shopping for my dh. He picked up his suit yesterday and he looks very handsome.
I am dealing with my anxieties once again but try not to give in to it. Tomorrow we are going away for the weekend and I can't wait! After that it's some serious getting ready for our big trip to Germany. My family from germany called me yesterday which is rare. They just wanted to make sure I am not cancelling on them after all. My father is very happy to see me and we are excited that we can go buy a christmas tree together. A trip to the Christmas Market is planned and I am hoping I can get some nice little things I can use for my house <decorations>

Have a good day mates
Old December 8th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Temps in the teens here just north of NYC. Clear weather and blue sky
is all atease to the snow storm predicted for early tomorrow. At some point I'll go warm up the snow blower and get out another shovel or two.
It was all so nice when the girls lived with us and I had three helpers (besides Gram). Well the driveway and walkways haven't gotten any shorter but the helpers have their own to worry about these days.
The Amex bill went out last night with the airfare to next Septembers cruise in the Med on Brilliance. Feels good to have another part of it paid for.
Liam, I thought a party in NZ was called a "Shout". Never heard the Kiwi's I worked with use the expression "doo".
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old December 8th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Sue: Deep breath. One day at a time hun!

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old December 8th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI. The house is still a bit cold from the night time heater setting. Hope it warms up soon. Brrrrr.

I'm off to the hospital for my routine 6 month CT and MRI this morning. I'll be glad to get those out of the way. I'll find out the results on Monday when I see the doctor.

Sue, enjoy your weekend. It sounds like fun and a nice break from things for you. I'm glad you are still going to Germany. Your trip to get the tree with your dad is such a nice tradition.

Liam, have fun at your doo too.

Take care everyone, drive careful in the snow and keep warm.

Phyll
Old December 8th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sounds as though while most everyone is getting into the snow and cold temps, weather in Calgary is temporarily headed in the other direction. For the next few days we're going to see temps in the 40s and 50s F.

4 more weeks of this... and we'll be heading to LA to the Island Princess, and on to Hawaii to "get lei'd" once again (or is that to once again get lei'd.. or to get lei'd once, again)
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 8th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Yeoman

Good morning all. Yes, Texas is a mess. My brother called late last night and told me he was in Austin, on business, and how was the weather in the big "D"...I laughed at him. Guess he must drive here today to catch a flight tomorrow, poor guy!

Schools closed today, Husband had to point out, after i sleepily asked why, it was only 4 blocks away! I guess the staff don't leave in the neighbor hood.

I have my biopsy results today at 10:15, then, well, since my son is home from school, I will have to put on the brave face.

Have a wonderful day.

Thanks Tbug, that hug was needed.
Old December 8th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone from Central Florida. Raining right now but not complaining, it's still not cold and definitely better than snow.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old December 8th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

My working day is .................
TGIF tomorrow

Have a pleasant evening all!

Old December 8th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......recovering from having Miss Alice yesterday......boy is she getting big!!!! Off to do some Christmas shopping today.......

Y'all have a great Thursday.....

Sharon
Old December 8th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Its a beautiful sunny but chilly day today, but the latest forecast from the National Weather Service for our area is 6-10" of the white stuff. I love snow.
Old December 8th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from rainy, messy, icky Orlando! I've been so busy this morning I forgot about lunch! How did it get to be this late already?!

Cheers,
Michelle P.