Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Ack....is it Monday already? Good Morning CM!

Where did this weekend go? It seems that I just got off work Friday night - now I have to go back to work this afternoon...what is up with that?

Good morning everyone - everything is well here in Packerland - we beat the Lions in OT.....hey, you take what you get in a year like this! No accumulating snow predicted for today (thank God!) and tomorrow it is supposed to get up near freezing........we have been in what you could call a deep freeze so far this winter. I hope January is a reversal of December, for sure!

Still have a lot of christmas shopping to do, but the family decided to go "lite" this year - 2 gifts from each of us to the other - as my sister said "thoughtful and meaningful" gifts. We all agreed that if we really wanted something we could go out and buy it ourselves, so now the challenge is to find something inexpensive and thoughtful. Thanks a lot , Sis!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Admiral

Good Monday evening Lisa and all.

All I can say is that it's less than two weeks to "Christmas". Woo Hoo!

I want everyone to try and enjoy this time of year and take your time doing your christmas duties?
Just remember this is a happy time not a stressfull one.
Take it easy everyone.

GDA!!

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old December 12th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning. Our family is doing the same, only 1 gift for each person and I ordered it all on that major website that is named after a South American river. Its been great not having to go near malls and just sit back and enjoy what the season is all about.
Old December 12th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodevening Lombard , goodmorning Lisa and seattleguy37, and all CM to follow.

I have difficulties to start the day Lombard, can you tell me what this day brings, you have been there, done that for today?

Today is housechores, get some shopping done, and the laundry is screaming at me for a bath, so I have to make myself usefull today.
Then think about what we shall eat tonight, handy that I know that before the shopping

Check the internet, I am searching for some sjablons to remake a holidaypicture into a caribean X-mas card. I could not find anything last night, I think my english is not good enough for the correct keywords to use in Google.
Well, you have to do something in your free time

Have a nice day

Read and post cruise reviews

Old December 12th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! Another snowy commute to work...what is up with this? It isn't even officially winter yet! I had a long weekend and it still flew by. I had every intention of getting the tree decorated yesterday and that just didn't happen. Had every intention of writing out the Christmas cards and that just didn't happen! Maybe tonight! I stayed awake for Survivor last night....which was delayed because of football. Steelers came through for us yesterday! Well, you all have a lovely, safe and warm day! Take care and Happy Monday!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 12th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates.

Jacqueline, loved that line to Lombard: "can you tell me what this day brings". Maybe Lombard can tell us the winning lotto number so we can all go cruising.

Had a good and relaxing weekend. My 14 year old grandson was playing in a reagional hockey tournament. They won their 1st 3 games but lost out in the semi-final. The scores, with less than 2 minutes to go, was 2 to 2 and the team from Nova Scotia scored. It was a very good game, no losers there.

Got Christmas cards written up. I can remember when it was 6 cents to mail from Canada to the USA. It's now 85 cents.

Hug someone and have a fun day,

Bill
Old December 12th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I hope today is going to be a lot better than the weekend. I went deer hunting Sat. morning. I saw a lot of deer, but they were all out of range. 150 yards with a shotgun would have been the shot of the year.
Then the game yesterday was a total disappointment. Looks like the Bills have no heart. What a terrible team.

DW has her carpal tunnel surgery today. I'm glad for all of the advances in this type of surgery. It's in day surgery, without anesthesia (just a sedative). She'll be out in less than an hour. Now for the wait before surgery. That's always the hardest part.

13 more shopping days left!

Have a wonderful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 12th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from chilly Orlando. Got some Christmas shopping done yesterday....at least for packages that have to be mailed so just need to wrap and pack and go stand in line at the post office.
Angela Z.
Old December 12th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! I am still Traumatized from my encounter with the Zombie Shoppers over the weekend. How these people can wander around totally oblivious to all that are around them is amazing to me. My ankles are sore from being ran into by shopping carts and I am lucky I do not need achillies tendon surgery. And no, unsupervised children darting around the store aren't cute. I am not setting foot into another store until the holiday madness is over. For those who are still on my shopping list, better luck next year!!!!

Eddie best of luck w/ wifes surgery.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 12th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Captain

Good morning,
DH went out saturday and got a doe, Eddie. I wish it would happen in the start of the season. I heard the shot and then went out and saw his glove in the snow. Kind of freaked me out until he got back. I saw something moving around but the neighbor told me a large group was walking through. They have view down to the swamp. I imagined it was him laying there shot but I didn't dare wander into the woods. He is not the only one who roams around back there but I think the other guys stay on their land. Anyway the butcher has it and I will have my ground venison and breaded cutlets. Season for us ended yesterday.

Bought a Raggedy Ann for a co-worker who had a baby. I hope she likes it. I figure it is something she can save and not outgrow.

I like the advice on enjoying these last two weeks. I still have to get my tree and send my holiday invitations.

Take care,
Karen
Old December 12th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all CM's.
the CHILL is on temps are 40's this morning.brrrrr
Nothing special today. Have a great week and see you all on chat.
Old December 12th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning.
Eddie , our best wishes are with your wife today. Hopefully the surgery will relieve the pain she experiences from the carpal tunnel.
Giants won in overtime yesterday. They are sort of backing into the playoffs. Don't deserve to win a lot of these games..
The bill for playoff tickets came. First round playoffs are $75 and $95 (we have tickets in two places) Final playoffs are $125 and $145.
After 50 years of games I let my younger brother go to most of them, even the playoffs. He gets to act like a big shot with his stockbroker friends and clients.
I was so sick from Friday through Saturday night. Must have been a 24 hour stomach virus but it was a really bad way to lose 5 pounds.
As a result we stayed away from the kids so I didn't see any of my babies this weekend, bummer.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old December 12th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! Another snow storm on the way here for Thursday. We'll see.

You are right Liam. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Christmas should be a great time of year. Thanks, I needed that.

Taking Mom to the Docs again today. She has three appointments this week. All routine at this point. Son got accepted into another University. This one is in Detroit, smack in the middle of a bad area. But the school has a pretty good rep. Need to look at all options. At least we wouldn't have room and board also with this one. We'll see.

Phillbo: Thoughts are with you today. Don't you get results today from some scans? Hoping for good results.

Have a good one all.

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old December 12th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

A little snow is wafting down, and it is about 19 out. We actually had some sun yesterday. Forgotten what it looked like.

Didn't accomplish all I needed this weekend, but did make strides.
Son made it back from Quebec, but was exhausted. Husband got called out a few times. Won't be back on call until December 26. Tonight he has a big Union meeting. Some sort of strike vote. Apparantly he has not been keeping me up to speed at stuff at work. What a horrible time of year to be talking of striking. It is over the medical insurance. The rates went up 8%. The union told management that the members would pay add 5%of the8 to the amount they already pay, leaving management with the extra 3%. Of course management said no - they want the employees to pay the whole 8%. Who knows where this will end up. This new company has been nothing but problem after problem. They have fired so many people. Also the CEO resigned in August, and now the Line Supervisor (my husband's immediate boss, in charge of all the electrical lineman) told them last week he was done at the end of December.

Picked out our tree yesterday. Living in northern Vermont you would think that it would be fairly easy to find a nice tree. Everyone agrees that they have never seen such sad trees to choose from. Guess they shipped all the nice ones out of state for top dollar and left us all with the rejects. It was a real discouraging trip. Hopefully the decorations and lights will cover up its flaws. I really don't like it at all, but it got to the point we just picked one. And we are not fussy people.

Lots to do today.

Ed - hope all goes well for your wife
BigJohn - sorry to hear of Marsha's aunt. I know how hard it must be for all of you.

Hoping you all have a great day.
Old December 12th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Eddie: Forgot to say goodluck today with the wife. Chin up on football, at least you don't have the Lions as your home team like I do!

VTJen: Remember the Charlie Brown tree? Turned out great once they all added their touch.

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old December 12th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Cruisemates from Central Texas. It is 48 outside, but hope the weather man is right, and we get to a high of 67. I am up made up, hair done, waiting for the phone to ring. I heard about a last minute job opening on Friday, so this weekend, I applied for, so now I wait. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Well this is our big week. Of course most of the work for our cruises fall to me, but I am so ooo ready.

This was a pretty good weekend. Christmas parties, and time with my babies, and hubby.

Prayer for those who need it, and best wishes for all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 12th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Yeoman

Good morning! I hope this makes sense this morning as i am really groggy at this point. With the man out of the house, I never sleep well, always listening for bad guys.

Today, I have to call in regards to where the Company Christmas cards are. I need to go the library and give them my 6 hours, happily mind you. I need to bye two more presents and get them ready to ship. Need to go back to sleep.

Now the responses:

Redskins sucked last night. Really bad!
It.s 49 degrees and going to hit high 60's.
Tina, hope all is well with Mom, and congrats with the boy! A smart one he is!
Doug, My husband knows how to handle the Zombies. Even has a book on survival,
Fast Eddie hope the wife is well and doesn't suffer unduly. I know how the waiting game goes. Not fun.
And finally, our OP. It's always harder to find a present that must have an adjective involved! I always find it easier to just hide for the Christmas season.

For all who posted while I was putting everyone to sleep: GOOD MORNING!
Old December 12th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a cold and snowy Montreal, -9C with light flurries this morning. Snowed most of yesterday too, so it's definately going to be a White Christmas around here!
Took my life in my hands yesterday and went to Wal-Mart for the 1 hour photo service. I did NOT run over Cruise Cynic with my rollerblades, in fact I wasn't even at HIS Wal Mart! Just parking was a major accomplishment though. Got my cruise pics now, will just have to find the time to scan them and get started on my Triumph review. Have to go back to work today, so you're just going to have to be patient!
P.S. can somebody tip off Santa that I could use a digital camera for Christmas?

Got most of my Christmas shopping done on the cruise and in St. Thomas, but still need to find something for the step-daughter in Australia, which needs to get in the mail ASAP! BAck out shopping tonight I guess....

Have a good Monday everyone, and don't sweat the small stuff!

donna
Old December 12th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from chilly swfl...had a wonderful long weekend with my dh at the resort.Directly in front of the ocean and the sounds..wow. The place was awesome and we are going back there with the kids sometime next year.
To those who are in need I hope you are having a good day.
I have to run and get ready for our trip to Germany!
Old December 12th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone! It'll be a busy week, but a good one, because...

This week I cruise!!!

Yay!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old December 12th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Yesterday was simply a stunning day in Calgary, and most of the previous was melted. But, replacement snow is forecast for tomorrow

It's a quick shopping stop for supplies on my way into work this morning. And a staffing problem from the weekend to deal with. Worst thing is right now staff are next to impossible to find here. Even burger flippers here are getting $10 + /hr, and they're still hard to find.

There's actually a Burger King here, on a busy street, which seems like every few days are putting up a sign closed because staff didn't show up.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 12th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Yeoman

Hey Kuki, I'll tell my sister to move to Calgary and apply for citizenship so she can get a job there. In washington State, she can't get a job to save her life!
Old December 12th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........just a normal gray day....no snow so that is good.......

Not much going on today......

TexasFrye.......what part of Washington does you sister live in???? We're in Tacoma....

Y'all have a good Monday

Sharon
Old December 12th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Default Ack ... Is It Monday Already? Good Morning CM's

Good morning from Southern Canlifornia. It's chilly right now but will warm up to a nice day.

Keith goes to the gym this morning. Then I have to shop for a gift for my mother and get it off to Minnesota. Everything's local after that.

We still don't have a tree. I understand that they are pricey this year.

Have a good Monday, all, and a busy one, I know!

Judy
Old December 12th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Last night was our Christmas get together. We had a wonderful time with friends and family. Santa even made a special pre-Christmas appearance and gave a few gifts and sang Christmas songs for the children and the grown ups. Our granddaughter and all of us had a wonderful time.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 12th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Good morning from a foggy, damp Vancouver. Still recuperating from the busy Nutcracker Ballet weekend-yesterday we went over to Vancouver Island to perform(not me of course-my girls!).I just help out at the Nutcracker souvenir stand. Still have lots of Christmas things to do.
Michelle & Luanne-Bon Voyage! (In case I do not get on-line later this busy,busy week!!)
Sue-enjoy your Germany trip!
FEddie-just a sedative for your wife's surgery?-hope it is a good one!! I hope the surgery goes just fine!
Everyone-take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old December 12th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Good day CruiseMates!
We are finally all dug out from Fridays snowstorm, we ended up with about 14" total. Too much at one time.

Ed - all i can say is "GO PATS" (sorry)
Old December 12th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Yeoman

Mike, What a beautiful picture! The clarity is amazing! WOW!

LS80, Actually my entire family, Parents, sisters and a brother, live in Kennewick.
Old December 13th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Mike - Ramie is getting so big!!! She is absolutely darling - I loved her christmas dress.