CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Rachal's Rays five minute fudge! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/305452-rachals-rays-five-minute-fudge.html)

TBug December 20th, 2005 08:51 AM

Rachal's Rays five minute fudge!

1 package of semi-sweet choc-chip morsels
1 cup of butterscotch morsels
1 can sweetend condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla

That is it! Melt together in non-stick pan, takes 5 minutes! Spread on buttered pan. I use the reynolds wrap release foil instead, (easy clean up). Put in frig for 1/2 to 45 mins to set and remove.

Variations: After it all melts add anything you want. Nuts, currants, dried fruit, mint extract, anything! You also can take the empty can, wrap it in plastic and use it as the center and put the fudge around it as it cools. Forms a wreath that you can decorate with red and green cherries. She made this on Oprah if anybody saw that. I made a ton of these and passed them out to neighbors this year already. Put them on a Christmas plate for them to keep.

FYI-I am a chocolate addict and don't like just any fudge. It has to be smooth, rich and melt in you mouth. This passes the test! (The butterscotch is the secret)

Enjoy!

TexasFyre December 20th, 2005 09:08 AM

Holy cow! That indeed sounds wonderous! I think I shall try it!

is the package 12 oz of choc. chips?

Mgram December 20th, 2005 09:11 AM

Tbug.......I made 2 of these the other day......the first one like above, except with cherry flavored dried cranberries instead of the raisins.....kidlets don't like raisins. The other one I used the white chocolate morsels, pistachios and dried cranberries. I also added a touch of peppermint flavoring to this one....just a hint of mint. THEN, I cut each ring in half, switched to other half, used some melted chocolate as glue and made a 2 tone ring, then decorated. One will go to each daughter's house....Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

This is very good for those who love a creamy fudge.......Now I am the opposite of you.......I prefer a sugary/grainy fudge....the old fashioned kind I grew up and out on!!! LOL I suspect that texture came from overcooking.......but I like it that way.

rollerdonna December 20th, 2005 09:16 AM

Mmmmm! sounds good to me! I will be making some of this for gifts! Thanks TBug!

donna

TBug December 20th, 2005 09:37 AM

12 oz package of morsels. 14 oz on the milk.

MGram tells of some great variations. Thats the best part of this, you can do anything to it. My family likes it just plan. You can use peanut butter morsels too.

It really is that easy folks. I keep extra ingrediants in the house for those, Opps, I forgot people.

EEEueeeww- grainy fudge? Ok, if you say so.

Paul B December 20th, 2005 11:20 AM

I make the same fudge, but use all 18 ounces of chocolate chips. The more chocolate, the better!!

AnitaBuddy December 20th, 2005 11:41 AM

Hi:

I just love all the tips and helpful suggestions on this cruise site, besides the cruising tips. Thanks and keep them coming. I'm going to make these tonight.

Happy Cruising....Buddy

TBug December 20th, 2005 11:46 AM

Buddy: Let us know how you liked it.

Phyllbo December 20th, 2005 02:17 PM

Yummy sounding TBug and so easy. I sure better not make any of that around here, or I'll make myself sick. Definately a great gift idea. I like Pat's suggestions too.
One question ---if you use peanut butter chips, would you not use the caramel flavored ones? I'm guessing that's how it works.

Thanks for the recipe.
Phyll

bigjohn461 December 20th, 2005 03:31 PM

I wish you all would STOP...Every time I read one of these threads, I gain 3 pounds. and I am not talking money here either. LOL LOL

You ladies just keep on sending those wonderful recipes.

Jason December 20th, 2005 03:57 PM

I skip the middleman and eat the choc-chip morsels directly from the bag... why dilute it with cond milk and vanilla?

I smell smoke... Oh... nevermind I forgot... I was wearing my corduroy pants...

Jacqueline December 20th, 2005 03:58 PM

T-Bug, what is oz, or how much?

astros fan December 20th, 2005 04:02 PM

oz, is ounces

Mgram December 20th, 2005 04:07 PM

Jacqueline, an ounce (oz) is 30 ml.

VTJen December 20th, 2005 04:17 PM

I make this recipe - I use 3 cups of chips - any variety. Also, I cook it for only at 50% power, stirring half way thru. Made it this way for years!

Jacqueline December 20th, 2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgram
Jacqueline, an ounce (oz) is 30 ml.

Tnx Mgram, it is sometimes confusing.

rollerdonna December 21st, 2005 10:34 AM

Thank you Bug for that recipe. I made it last night and it is to die for! I'm making some more today as gifts for Tyler's ex-class (we've been invited to their Christmas party) and for his present workplace. I may even make some more for a house party we're going to on Fri. nite. Just the thing I needed, quick, easy and delicious!

donna

VTJen December 21st, 2005 11:47 AM

Thought maybe I would get some nice cookie cutters - tin, christmas shaped and pour the fudge in them, then wrap them with cello and a ribbon. I think it would make a nice gift for my neighbors to go with the tins of Chex Mix I give them.

TBug December 21st, 2005 01:22 PM

RD-Your welcome, and that is why I posted it. It is the easiest thing and everyone loves it. First year that I made it too, and it's been a real life saver.

Love Christmas cookies, but this is so much easier.

LisaK December 21st, 2005 01:48 PM

Jason - go to your room! you are so baaad.

Sailing gal December 21st, 2005 03:40 PM

Hi Tina, My Mom is a big fudge enthusiast. I might make that to take to her house Christmas eve.
Yummy!

Karen

TexasFyre December 21st, 2005 04:37 PM

Well Tina, I bought the ingredients to make the fudge. I'll let you know how it turns out!

CA Cruiser December 21st, 2005 06:56 PM

Thank You Tina!!

Tina,
Thank you for your recipe. Perfect timing. I have been making Fantasy Fudge for over 20 years but your recipe was easier, faster and cheaper! It is soooo good. I tried it on my son who doesn't really like chocolate or fudge very much and he kept eating it. He really likes the butterscotch kick. I'm going to try peanut butter morsels next and then make plain chocolate fudge. I also agree with you, I prefer the smooth texture too.
Merry Christmas!

Teresa

TBug December 22nd, 2005 08:33 AM

I have not found a person yet that tried this a didn't prefer it to what they had been making. It really does taste like the fudge you get at a really good fudge shop. It has to be the butterscotch.

All the neighbors called me asking for the recipe so they could make it too. Never had this kind of response from cookies before.

More variations;

White Chocolate Wreath with Pistachio
and Cranberry

Substitute the chocolate chips with white chocolate chips, 1 1/2 ounce bag plus 1 cup.
Substitute 1 to 1 1/2 cups of shelled natural pistachio nuts for walnuts.
Substitute 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries for currants.
Goober and Raisinette Wreath

Swap butterscotch for peanut butter chips
Swap large whole peanuts for walnuts used in original recipe (such as peeled Virginia Peanuts)
Swap 1/2 cup large raisins for currants in original recipe

TexasFyre December 25th, 2005 10:06 PM

Tina---

I made this fudge today, and my husband has stated that it is the best he has ever eaten! Better then his mothers..and that is a first! Thank you for sharing this with me.