Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2005, 03:25 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Wednesday AM...It's Hump Day and.......

Only 4 more days til Christmas!!! Does anyone else think that times seemes to be moving so fast? I have some things to do before Christmas.........and one of them needs to be done today! So little time, so much to do!

Slowly coming out of the deep freeze here in Wisconsin....may actually hit the freezing mark by Friday or Saturday!!! And the best part - no snow in the forecast for a while!

I don't know about anyone else, but I am still trying to plan a small Christmas dinner for 4 - me, Dad, brother and sister. Too small for a big ham or turkey.....thinking maybe tenderloin filets.........then what to make with it. Dad always loves green bean casserole (go figure! lol) - maybe season roasted potatos along with the green beans and a dessert.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day!
Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2005, 03:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodmorning Lisa and all other CM to follow,

You have a busy X-mad weekend, have fun!!
We do not much over the weekend, just visit my mother.

Hope you have a great day

Read and post cruise reviews

Old December 21st, 2005, 04:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jacqueline and Lisa, although I don't know what I'm doing up at this hour.

Yup Lisa it's almost here. Picking up my granddaughter on Xmas evening and she has requested turkey, mashed potatoes, brocolli caserole, and carrots and cauliflower in cheese sauce for dinner on Sunday. Haven't seen her since they were down in June so it will be good to see her again.

Both daughters are coming for New Year's and will be down most of that week. New Year's dinner will be Beef Wellington and all the fixins.

Have to work on setting up a get together for our Central Florida folks on December 29th so everyone can get to meet Phyl and Jake. They will be in the area for a few days and we've just all got to get together. More on that tomorrow.

Was really happy to hear that Kuki's mother is doing so well after the long wait for her pacemaker. I'm sure that he is relieved that it is over and he can now concentrate on having a fun time on the Get Lei'd cruise.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old December 21st, 2005, 04:43 AM
Admiral

Goodmorning all!
After my first post we were kicked of the server, so here is the coffee!

Old December 21st, 2005, 04:46 AM
Passenger

Hi all I know I can hardly believe Christmas is almost here. I am still waiting for 1 present to come in the mail to me. I just wan not up for shopping in stores this year, so when i cruised in late November I did a lot of my Christmas shop[ping in the ports and on the ship; but the rest I did online. I could not deal with the crowds this year. I have a dinner suggestion : Prime rib. You can get it in many size I am also cooking for 4 people and we all love meat so I ordered a 9 pounder; however you do not need to go that big. Just a suggestion. I cannot wait we ar flying to Utah to visit relatives the day after Christmas and to go skiing it should be great. We have not seen them since my father in law dies July of last year. Enjoy your wednesday and i also wish I was not up at this hour but oh well my insomnia kicks in again
Old December 21st, 2005, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning, everyone! And Happy First Day of Winter! We are due for a warm-up and rain by Friday......just figures doesn't it? Lisa, we are doing an unconventional dinner on Christmas....we are having crab legs and fried shrimp. That was my son's request...so that is what it will be. Tweety, I'm so happy you will be spending time with your girls this holiday. Give your sweet grand daughter a hug from me! I got a call yesterday that our carpet is going to be installed on Friday afternoon....that is cutting it close for Christmas. I'd better get to work. You all have a lovely day!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 21st, 2005, 07:13 AM
First Mate

Good morning all,

It has been a long time since Iposted but I have been extremely busy with student teaching. I have 2 days left and turned in all my paper work for my state certification ! I will get my degree next month!!!!!!

Have a great day all.

Carnival Miracle
Old December 21st, 2005, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the LEFT coast of FL ...... still dark, so no clue what the day will bring.

Kuki.......glad to hear that your Mom is doing well after her surgery. She sounds like a fiesty 'lil gal.......and that new pacemaker should give her a little more zip.

Good luck to all with the last minute holiday prep.....we're in the home stretch now.
Old December 21st, 2005, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's my last day of work for the rest of the year. I don't go back 'till Jan 3rd. I don't have anything planned, but I'm sure DW will find some projects for me.

Not much going on today, just a little more shopping after work.

If I don't get on before the holidays, I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and a Happy Kwaanza.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 21st, 2005, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! The tranist strike continues today in NYC. There was so little traffic yesterday evening that my bus zipped right out of the city via the Holland Tunnel and I got home in record time. I will bet I even got home before some of my co-workers who live in the city. I usually get home at 7:20 pm or so, I was home before 7pm.

I am going to stay in hiding today. I started today by tipping the rack with tools and shovels over while I was backing my car out. Reacting to that I tore some of the molding off the edge of the garage door. Luckily I did not damage the car. Then I left the cell phone in my car and forgot part of my lunch. Maybe I should go out and buy some lottery tickets. Jacqueline could you send that coffee over to me on the next KLM flight to JFK so I don't have to risk my life going out?

Everyone have a great day!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 21st, 2005, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. A brisk ,breezy day here in NY. Pity the poor souls trying to get around the city. Congrats Melissa on all your hard work coming to an end. Reminds me of my middle daughter, a teacher and now school administrator.
Dinner Saturday night is here. Pork roast and baked ziti , another non traditional meal. Dinner Sunday at Andrea's house.
Never did get the presents sorted out by "destination" last night. Only two more days to get that done.
Little Phil went to a new Psycologist on Monday. They will begin working on his social skills. Part of his Aspergers is a a failure to understand the nuances of social interaction. It will never be "cured" but perhaps some behaviors can be learned.They try. Christina tries everything and anything that will help Phil. He is my love, my strength and my joy (as are all 5, but can't help the special place in my heart he fills).
Have a great day everyone.
Old December 21st, 2005, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning every one.
Nice crisp day today at 46* for the first day of winter. I feel sorry for all the people in N.Y who have to walk to work, or shop. I guess the only way to shop is on line.

Theta; Its good to see you here again. I was thinking about you the other day.Congratulations on the degree.

Mgram: hope you can make it to the Orlando dinner with Phillo and all of us. It would be nice to see all of you again.

Tweety; keep me posted on the meet/dinner in Orlando. I'll be there.
Ed; Happy holidays to you and your family.

Scuba; you should be on the chats more often. wuld like to talk to you like we did before.
Mary Lou: don't work to hard. see you on chat.

Every one have a great day. I'm just wraping up some last minute small gifts and sending out Christmas/ Channakkah cards. Wow busy year!
Old December 21st, 2005, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it says -18 this morning - brrrr!
I am up early this mornig because I have an appointment with my cardiologist as a follow-up from the arrythmia incident in Oct. Took long enough didn't it? Hope everything checks out OK.

PapaBill, I just wanted to give you a few words of encouragement. I have a good friend who's son was diagnosed Autistic/Aspergers when he was 3. He is now 17, and about to graduate high school, with honours, and has plans to go on to Junior College. He is the nicest, most polite young man, who has better social skills than the average teenager. His mom worked hard with him, and she has every reason to be proud of him.

Doug, I think you should go back to bed!

Jacqueline, I don't drink coffee, as appetizing as your pics look. Do you think you could find a nice cup of tea for me, please?

Kuki, hoping all is well with your mom today. Please keep us posted!

donna
Old December 21st, 2005, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Morning All;

We will be getting the same warm-up rain/freezing rain system the rest spoke of. IF MY WHITE CHRISTMAS IS IN JEOPARDY, YOU'RE ALL GOING TO HEAR MY CRY!

Melissa: Congrats on the degree. What a great feeling.

Karen: How is Ryan? Did it all go ok?

Luanne: If you are reading this. GET OUT OF HERE! Go play with your family.

J-How do you really take your coffee? Mine is fresh ground just before brew, with splenda and cream.

Have a good one all.

Stay Merry!

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old December 21st, 2005, 08:51 AM
Captain

Good morning all,
Getting ready for a busy day.

Theta, Congrats on the teaching certification. I hope you land a job soon.

Everyone else, Hope all goes well with your planning and life experiences that you are encountering. Lots of interesting posts.

K
Old December 21st, 2005, 08:53 AM
Admiral

For Rollerdonna, enjoy it

Old December 21st, 2005, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning gang. Still cloudy here in SE Florida, but they say the sun may peak out a little later.

Doug, I'm so glad that neither the car nor you were hurt this morning. Hope Jacqueline's coffee has helped you wake up a little more.

Melissa, congratulations on finishing up your teaching requirements. I know you've worked real hard on them.

PapaBill, your grandson is a lucky little guy to have you in his life. I hope he responds well to the new things they are trying with him.

RD, hope all goes well with your doctor visit today. I'm glad you have been ok while you've been waiting for this appointment.

Ed, enjoy your time off from work.

ML, wish I could say that to you too. I know you'll enjoy time with your family and a few days off this weekend. Dinner sounds yummy. Matt has good taste.

Pat, enjoy your time with your family too.

Carole, I'm looking forward to the Orlando gathering wherever we go. It will nice to meet you and the others.

Lisa, enjoy the warm up. I'm so glad that Midwest Express plane landed safely last night.

Scuba, I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with the Christmas shopping crowd. Hope the last of your gifts arrive on time. Have fun in Utah. From the bottom of the seas to the top of the mountains. We never know where we'll find you!

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.
Phyll
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Jacqueline, thanks for the tea! Maybe Trip will join me in a cup?

donna
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! Today is the day to shampoo the carpets and get the final touches on the decorations. I have Ashley's room ready for her with a few surprises. I am so excited about seeing her. I wish Michael could be here too. We chat online all the time and he has called a few times but it isn't the same. We have a family gathering on Friday night and a special event to go to on Saturday afternoon, and then we are taking Ashley somewhere she requested to go....will post photos on Sunday. She has made several requests for food and things to do, so we have set time aside for each of the things she wants to do. Everyone have a super day! I know I will.
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Montego, Jamacia. We just got in, and I have a few minutes to say Hello Mon. Christmas music from the local band coming through the windows. It is so good to see land. This is a beautiful port. Take care all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Orlando! One more day of work after today and I'm out of here until 1/3! Gotta get a lot done, though.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old December 21st, 2005, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Nooooo, she is not addicted!

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old December 21st, 2005, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Good morning everyone! Well the shopping is done and the packages are all wrapped and under the tree. Now all I have left to do is enjoy the holiday.

Lisa: We do dinner for 4 every year so I don't do a traditional dinner. We get filet mignon that we cook on the grill with barbeque shrimp skewers. I also serve loaded baked potatoes and veggies. Green bean casserole sounds good to me. I also get a pastry tray from a local bakery. They make great mini pastrys which everyone loves.

Darcy
Old December 21st, 2005, 11:22 AM
Yeoman

Good morning all,

Luanne, mon, go play! Don't make me ground you from your laptop!

I see I am at the tail end, so this may take a few minutes.

Theta, Congrats on the degree! I know how the feeling is when you finally get it after all that hard work!

Doug, Clean the garage out.

Donna, good luck at the Cardio's! I hope you are fine!

Tina, at least you MIGHT get a white Christmas.

Kuki, Hows mom doing today?

So, to everyone planning those meals. sounds great. Feeding only 2 this year. I forgot how horrid the holidays are when you aren't near family. Normally I bake for my neighbors and hand it to them for Christmas, this year i just can't get motivated.

Just a reminder for everyone, this time of year, crime is elevated, so please, be very careful and stay out of dark areas, try to park under well lit spots and Ladies, don't put your purse in the carts carry them closed and firmly upon your body. It also helps to have a strapping body guard with you. I have one and he guards well.

Nothing much today, need to go through all the company equipment, take inventory and sort it out. Need to "think" about closing the books out, as this process is long and involved, hope to have it done before new years since the company will be closed on the 30th, until the new year.

Hope everyone has a good day today.
Old December 21st, 2005, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Warm Chinook winds blowing Calgary, and temps will be in the 50sF. SWEET!

Kuki Jr. est is finished college for the holidays, so I have him opening the bar today, so I can get to the hospital shortly to visit my mother.

Kuki Jr #1 comes home from law school tomorrow to begin his break as well.

Sammy will be excited to see his "brothers"
Old December 21st, 2005, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............couldn't seem to post yesterday........my 'puter was being weird!!!

As I tried to post yesterday Larry is getting much better......no more TPE's......now they will concentrate on his thymus......taking that out should keep the bad anti bodies from being made & his strength should come back......let's hope so...........

Denist appointment this morning then not much more.........yuck.....

Y'all have a good Wednesday........

Sharon
Old December 21st, 2005, 12:03 PM
Admiral

From midway between Lake Erie and the Ohio, from midway between the eastern seaboard and the Mississippi, and from an apparent whistle stop for the Arctic Express, good morning!

We're expecting a high of 30 today and we're calling it a heatwave. Winter solstice, my aft! It has been here and gone. Ask anyone who has pumped their own gas since the beginning of this month.

I can't believe it's almost Christmas. I think I'll miss the music when the generic formats are restored next Monday. But I'm warming myself with thoughts and dreams, that on the day of the next seasonal change, I'll be aboard Summit.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all Bon Voyage!

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)
Old December 21st, 2005, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning ... It's Hump Day and ...

Good morning from Southern California where the sun finally came out. We haven't seen much of it lately, but temps are very warm in spite of the overcast.

My wrapping is done and the gifts are under the tree, and the cards have long since been sent. It'sa good thing, because I am sick. I hope the antibiotic works.

Today, Keith will drive himself to the gym. He is tentative behind the wheel. I am surprised. I thought driving skills were always "there" once you'd learned them. But I can see that it will take a while and that he will have to get more driving experiences uer his belt again.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old December 21st, 2005, 12:32 PM
Admiral

A quick good morning from a 'warmish' Vancouver although it it dark and wet-looking out there! Our 'cold/cool' snap is gone.
Nutcracker season finished on Sat.night-all was well with the performances. This morning my youngest is having a friend over to snack, do Xmas crafts(I love those little Xmas craft kits from Michaels Crafts) and then in the afternoon my eldest is having a friend over. No work for me until the 30th-after the last 2 days I had at work-people off sick, machines breaking done=YIKES!!
Doug-I hope things are going better for you today.
Theta(Melissa)-Congrats!!
Kuki-I read that your Mum had her surgery. I hope all is going well with her.
I have not been here for a few days, and I hope I have not missed anything important!
Take care everyone! Bye for now. Brenda
Oh yes! Happy Winter!!
Old December 21st, 2005, 02:15 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon,

It isn't snowing. Our predicted 2 inches yesterday turned out to be about 7 inches on top of what we already head. Weatherman says a mix of snow and rain on tap for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - not welcome news.

Got a late start today, didn't realize I had an Orthodontist appointment first thing. Now my mouth is raw inside from the adjustments and new wires. Oh, well. It will heal.

Got the house picked up, so tomorrow when I clean it should go pretty fast. The laudry is almost complete too! Now I'm gonna dig into the paper work. Can't wait to get caught up. It will feel amazing.

Theta - congratulations!
PapaBill - Phil will turn out great. He has lots of love and people who will work with him what a difference that makes.
Doug - Yikes.
Lisa - sometimes when I want a nice meal and there are just a few of us I do either just a turkey breast, or Cornish Game Hens. They are very festive.
Kuki - so glad to here all went well with your mom
Judy - feel better soon
Jacqueline - love all your coffee and tea. Always makes me need to refill my cup.

My tea water is ready. Gotta Run