Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2005, 05:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default I keep in touch and what a SURPRISE

Our lives have been touched by many a crew member and for those willing stay in touch by e-mail.

This year as always I send each crew member an e-card for the Holidays. My SURPRISE is that each one sent one back.

This is a difficult time for all crew with the Holidays being away from their families and I feel the disappointment with them.

It gives me great pleasure to correspond with them and sending a Christmas card via e-mail to lift their spirits.

To give you an idea; a very special wine sommelier sent us a personal invitation to his wedding in India. Another now has offered her home in Canada to stay if we visit when on a cruise and want to stay longer.

A waiter we have known and met many times on cruises asked if we were ever in his homeland to please let him know so we could tour the countryside with relatives.

I can't even begin telling you what fantastic crew we have met and stayed in touch with over the years.

Remember these individuals are there to make your cruise vacation the best ... but also can become friends for life. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing a crew member you bond with and to give a big hug on the next cruise when meeting for another time.

Happy Holidays everyone and remember the crew member that went above and beyond.

Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Nice Steve, nobody can call you a Grinch!
I too, feel for the crew being away from their families for the holidays. What a nice thing you did for them!

donna