Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2005, 05:52 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday morning.

Good morning, Cruisemates! I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I am first to post. I believe I am the only one who has to work today. Judging by the fact that I was one of the only cars on the road this morning. We are working until noon today...but I'll bet that I'll still be here beyond that....isn't year-end great????? I hope you are all well and have a great day. Tomorrow will probably be crazy, so I'd like to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone here at Cruisemates. Enjoy!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2005, 05:56 AM
First Mate

Good Morning ML and Mates to follow.

I have to work today too but only until 11:30 . I am wrapping my Christmas gifts this afternoon...the tree finally got decorated yesterday. That is about all I am doing today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Carnival Miracle
Old December 23rd, 2005, 06:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Hi MaryLou and see you are up and spry for the morning.

Good Morning to all our CruiseMates. May the up coming holidays be a joyous occasion with families, friends and especially all our CM buddies.

Old December 23rd, 2005, 06:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates.

Did my Christmas shopping yesterday. A whole two days before the 24th. Never did that before. I guess I now qualify as an early shopper.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning from SE Wisconsin........warm enough to keep the rain from freezing.......thank goodoness!

Have to work tonight til 11:30pm!!! Then off till Monday AM - first time in almost 20 years I have had both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Gram is cooking and preparing the house for the invasion that starts tomorrow. The transit strike is over in NYC and I feel good for those who have been struggling so hard to get around.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:42 AM
Captain

Good Morning Everyone!

Nope, you're not the only one, ML! I have to work 8 hrs. today but I'm
going 7:15 - 3:45 so I get out a little earlier!

I have to get my hair cut at 4:30, a distance away and I know all the last minute people will be out!

Have a great day everyone and don't stress!
Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where we're having a heat wave! It's +2!! First time above 0 for quite awhile! Overcast though, with 5 or more cms of snow forecast today. Definately a white Christmas!
ML, your're not the only one who has to work today - we're open till 6 pm, and you can be sure that there will be parents who are off, but leave their kids at daycare till 6 so they can finish their Christmas shopping!
I know I have only been back at work for 2 weeks, but I am ready for a break. All the kids are so sick, it's a miracle I am not (yet!).

Tonight we are invited to friends' for a Wine and Cheese party. This is a family who are more like relatives to me, so it will be nice to re-connect and catch up!

Take a moment to enjoy the season, and Happy Holidays everyone!

donna
Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all CM
I tried and tried to go to chat last night. HELP Mike!!

This is weird but I get error messages when I try to log on the the main page. I wonder what is happening.?

Any way, every one have a great holiday. I have many things to do. I will see you after Dec 25.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning From Beautiful Cozumel. We made it. We actually get to sit in port, instead of waving good bye The sun is out (First we have seen in 48 hours) and the sea gods have settled down. Have I got a story to tell about last night. I will give you a hint. It has to do with a room full of adults, who so much want to laugh, but the intertainment was left in Grand Cayman. Funny.....

Have a great day

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Good MOrning All,

It is warm - 30. It is beginning to spit snow again. By late this afternoon we are to get freezing rain. My son is headed to the mountian to ski and will be heading home just about the time the bad weather is to come in. The roads down the mountain will be very hazardous. I will try not to worry. Daughter is at her a breakfast for her work. She works in a gift shop. Wonder what she will come home with this year. Last year she loved a nativity set they had - instead of people it was chickens. Very cute - and if you bought it over $70. Her boss gave it to her because she loved it soooo much. My husband bought me the moose nativity set. Which I love. It made for a very Merry Chrismoose last year.

I must clean today. Yesterday took all day to do the baking. I had lots of interruptions. The kids did their shopping and wrapping. The house looks like war zone. I hope I can get it done in record time. It is driving me nuts. I am still waiting for UPS to deliver stuff. I hope it comes today. I ordered this stuff weeks ago, it was all in stock, there really is no reason for it not to be here.

Hope you all have productive days, with some time to relax and enjoy as well.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. I'm very upset about our silly snow globe being trashed. Other than that it'll be a busy day of last minute stuff.
Angela Z.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:25 AM
Yeoman

Angela...what happened to the globe?

Luanne...can't wait to hear your stories...It's going to suck to have to wait another week!

It's early for me. not much to do today. My husband and I were so bored last night we went 2 stores. Him, CD warehouse, me, Barnes and Noble.I saw a lot of new books out I want to read, and i am in search of an old series, but that is another thread.

Talked to my son last night. He's in WA state for the holidays. He misses me! I sent him the NORAD link so he can watch Santa's flight X-mas eve. It is really cool. If I am allowed to post it here, i will.

Boris is going in for a bath, he is a smelly puppy! My husband bought something from one of his board people (different board) so we have to go to Bass Pro Outlet at 5:30...Oh yuk! It's going to be horrid!

Hello's to the next set of folks to come in. hope all have a safe day.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bruce will work till noon, and then the dreaded food shopping,, Aiden was here yesterday, and I gave him 2 Christmas presents...oh my!
His living so close will cost me dearly I fear

Today will be mild, and tomorrow in the 50's..my white open toe slingbacks may have to come out of their hiding place......

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the Arizona desert, where I am enjoying a rare week-day off from work! Jose has to work today, so I will take advantage of the solitude to finish my wrapping, do some laundry and fix a couple of dishes to take up to Flagstaff to the "old folks home" to visit my parents. I want to take them something homemade since they usually have to eat the generic stuff served in the dining room. But I can't cook a trational dinner there, because they only have kitchenette, not a full kitchen.

I wish all my Cruise Mates friends a very Merry Christmas! We're going to Flagstaff tomorrow and returning on Sunday evening. Take care and celebrate in safety.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Pompano Beach Florida. A beauty today…low 70’s blue skies.
They are making us work a full day, but… they are giving us the entire next week off. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
I am also wishing A great holiday to all my Cruisemates family. May love and peace be yours.
and laughing is contagious,
heres hoping for an epidemic!
Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida. Nice sunny day today.

Have lots to do today beginning with a trip to Costco. Then it's back home to finish cleaning and wash the dog. Want to make my pies today as well. Better get moving.

For those of you who will be on the road traveling to other places, drive carefully. Have a Happy Holiday all.

Carnival Glory
Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning to All
Ellis and I wish you all a very merry Christmas, may your holidays be filled with peace, love, happiness and good health!
Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Good christmas eve morning everyone.

Can't sleep and have been up since 2 am.
Need a coffee I think.

Take it easy.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodafternoon Mates!

I tried to do my chores. Went to the supermarket but it was so crowded I turned around immediataly. No shoptrolley left, only head to count, no way. My turn tomorrow morning 08.00 hrs when the doors open

For the ladies who worry about the calories: check this out, it is really funny.
http://www.mamarocks.com/holiday_eating_tips.htm

Read and post cruise reviews

Old December 23rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Calgary continues to enjoy great Dec. weather, with highs near 50 F again. Yesterday we almost hit 60, and I was temped to put the top down in the car.

Made door magnets for everyone in the Get Lei'd group yesterday, and I surprised myself at how well they came out, on my little home printer.

Between magnets, t shirts, prizes and all, I may not have room to take any clothes on the cruise
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 23rd, 2005, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............still warm here......50's.....I can take that.........

Not much going on today.....just a few last minute things......

Y'all have a great Friday......

Sharon
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning

Good morning from a toasty Southern California. Temps remain in the 80's and the surf remains high.

I am still ailing but at least the sore throat is gone. I am coughing and wheezing, have no energy and my voice took a powder. Good thing I don't need the latter in cyberspace!

I am glad I did my shopping and wrapping before the bug invaded and VERY glad I'm not having Christmas at my house this year.

Have a happy Friday, CM's, and enjoy shopping, wrapping, decorating, eating, egg nogging ... ... Be safe!

Judy
Old December 23rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Good morning from a cloudy but 'warm' Vancouver. I sent husband to Costco to pick up some photos(poor guy!). Girls just set up a snowman/Xmas tree that grows crystals. Hope they work! I got pretty well all my wrapping done yesterday. Had to make a quick trip to a Mall first thing yesterday morn as I like to make our own Xmas crackers as then they can be personalized with goodies inside;I had lots of snaps but no hats! Of course, did a bit of other shopping too!
Bill-early shopper!lol
Lombard-you are already excited about Xmas!!

I wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas and a Happy,Prosperous, Healthy New Year!!!

Take care. Bye for now. Brenda