Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Christmas Eve morning........

.......Except for Liam, if I am not mistaken it is Christmas Day for him....if not now, but very soon!

Rain predicted here today (gee - what snow is left just might melt before tomorrow.........sigh). I have the christmas dinner shopping to do, laundry, gifts to wrap, have to get new work shoes for me..............and I will have to wake up much earlier than I am used to do to get it all done! No sleeping in for me today! Will make it up tomorrow AM as we aren't getting together til 3:00 in the afternoon to open gifts and eat dinner at halftime of the Packers game. Oh, and I still have to wrap all the gifts I bought!!! Arrggghhhhh!!!

If any of our mates are traveling today, safe travels to you....and I hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Admiral

Morning Lisa, I'm still up, just finished posting a special CruiseMates Christmas greeting. Will talk to you all later this morning....

donna
Old December 24th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Admiral

Lisa, What are you doing up so early in the morning? It's 2 am here in NY and I had to do something on the computer so I thought I'd take a peek here.
All is done for Christmas around here. Packages wrapped and most of the cooking. Gram even baked her pressed sugar cookies for me. Love them.
Sabrina and Donald came by yesterday and we took them to see Santa .
$20 to buy the cheapest photo package (of course we did).
Kids are coming later today.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old December 24th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Papa - I work second shift and get home just before midnight.......so this is my computer time!!!! Usually like to stay up til 2 or 3 am and then sleep in....but today I will have to try and get to sleep earlier and get up earlier. Somehow on a cruise this is NOT as difficult as it is during my regular work routine!
Old December 24th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodmorning Lisa, Rollerdonna, pappabill and all to follow.
Rain? Did I hear rain? YUK, our forcast is drizzly snow which disappears while falling. The mess.......

For the coffee addicts:

For the tea addicts, green tea this morning

Have a nice X-mas all!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old December 24th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Captain

Hi and Good morning,
All of you nightowls. Wow! I am in bed sometimes as early as 8:30. I have to start the brew to get me going. I was up at 4 am this morning and I don't know how I am going to make it through the day. I hope I find lots of energy in me.
I have one lingering customer to get to this morning and then it is off to grandma's and then to the service at my church. Thank goodness it is at 8 and not 11 because I would never make it. Hopefully, the litlle guy falls asleep in the car on the way back from the service. If not then the in-laws will be looking for us to come over to see their company. Since they are right next door, this is not a big inconvenience at that hour.

Merry Christmas to Liam!

Karen
Old December 24th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all. I awoke at 5:00 so onto the boards I come. I'll goof off here for a while and then it's back to bed for a bit and then into work.

We'll be slow at the restaurant tonight so I let my manager have the day off and I'll cover for him.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 24th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Admiral

[b]MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLLIDAYS

BILL
Old December 24th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Good Christmas morning everyone!

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old December 24th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I'm running on energy for some reason.
I was out last night till 10, wrapped presents till midnight, then composing on the computer till almost 2, and up this morning at 7. I've got a busy day ahead too, with family coming over for Christmas eve, food to prepare, etc. I don't care, it's Christmasand I am thankful to have all my family with me, including my cyber family. Happy Christmas/Hannukah everyone!

donna
Old December 24th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Admiral

RD it is your time to rest b4 the big day.

I felt exausted today and took an afternoon nap, it was great!

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old December 24th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Captain

Good Morning Everyone!

Just sitting here with my coffee, thinking about going to Curves, getting my car washed, later today I'll go to my cousins place. We'll head to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner.

I actually like that I had everyone here last weekend, now I am very relaxed! :-) I'll start a jigsaw puzzle my sister gave me, make some more coffee, maybe throw in a load of laundry!

Have a wonderful day everyone and if you are traveling, be safe!
Old December 24th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Yeoman

Good morning all. I think. Insomnia kicked my butt last night, though I took 3 Tylenol PM's I didn't fall asleep until 3am-ish. Eyes wide open at 7:30 am. Nothing planned. No family coming over. No yummies to bake. No shopping to do.

Have a good day all!
Old December 24th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Morning, all....

Hope I don't have to leave the house today. The traffic this last week has been HORRID and the hostility of the drivers is getting to me!

Good thing about Hanukkah is you don't need to have everything bought for one day. The holiday is over 8 nights, so doing a little last minute shopping works just fine. This year, we're saving a few things until the after Christmas sales.

We don't make a huge deal out of Hannukah anyway - it's actually a minor holiday in the Jewish world - just give a few small gifts.

Happy Christmas to all my CM buddies and Happy Hannukah, too!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old December 24th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Good Morning and MERRY CHRISTMAS and All of the other Holidays that go along at this time of the year. I know this is a diverse family here at CM and I just ask that May God Bless each and every one of you.

We had Christmas at mom's on Wed and Thurs. We moved a dining room set and a china hutch that she bought when I was 11 years old. Ya it is 40 yrs old. It was not without an event though. I will just say, on the way home, I fell, I missed work on Fri because of it, and I will live over it. I hope. ..I am working today and tommorrow but all is going as scheduled hat home.

Have a wonderful and safe day.
Old December 24th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Default Good Christmas Eve Morning

Good morning from Southern California where we are enjoying balmy temps in the 80's. Good car washing weather . . . Keith has a task today

Well, preparations are all done here. We await the big day. My anibiotic finally kicked in and I am feeling a little better, although I have no energy and an awful cough. But I will enjoy the festivities tomorrow, along with my birthday.

Think I'll go back to bed for a bit and then later, make some coffee and breakfast.

Have a lovely Christmas Eve and happy Hanuka, everyone.

Judy
Old December 24th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all, from the Arizona desert. Jose and I are up and having coffee in a rather leisurly fashion this morning. Then it's off to pack the car and head up the hill to Flagstaff to the "old folks home." We'll spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my parents at the assisted living center. My father is still in the skilled nursing wing, but since it's all the same building it's very convenient. My mom said the nurses are going to "spring" him for a couple of hours and let him come down to my parents' apartment to have Christmas dinner with us, so that will be really special.

Yesterday was my long day of cooking, baking, wrapping, laundry, etc, and I was exhausted when I went to bed, but it's all done now and I can just go enjoy my family.

Merry Christmas to all of you!
Old December 24th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Had a great time at a friends open house last night. Today my brother and his wife are coming over from the west coast and we'll have a nice lunch and then will go for a walk around Lake Eola downtown before church and then dinner.
The red velvet cake is baked and now just waiting to be iced. Guess it's time to get back to work.
Angela Z.
Old December 24th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Yeoman

Happy Early Birthday Judy!
Old December 24th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Angela, tha Red Velvet Cake sounds intriguing. How do you make it?

donna
Old December 24th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! AMAZING weather in Calgary... We're going to see 60 F today :o :o :o

My sister is heading back home to Phoenix today, after spending the week with my folks, and I'll give her a lift to the airport. She was instructed by the airline to be there 3 hours prior to flight time, so they are expecting a BUSY day. Feel bad that she's going to have to sit there by herself for such a long time.

Then later today getting together with some friends to give them their Christmas gifts.

Both Kuki Jrs. are in town, and tomorrow night we'll get together with my folks, and bil and his family for the first night of Chanukah.

Have to start packing some of the "Get Lei'd paraphenalia" to see how the get I'm going to get it all to LA. Wonder if Mrs. Kuki could just wear 100 t shirts on the airplane
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 24th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Good Christmas Eve morning from a soggy,dreary Vancouver! Just food prep for tomorrow to do; my sister is coming over tomorrow for Christmas dinner and then might stay overnight too. Husband has been to the grocery store and back-he said all the cashiers were open but it was not very busy at 8am yet!
Liam-Merry Christmas!!! (That sounds so funny-it seems too early!)
BJ-hope you feel better after your fall.
Judy-Happy Birthday for tomorrow!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays-Chanukah!
Everyone-take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous, Healthy New Year!
Old December 24th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Good morning.......it is still morning, just barely......from the Pacific Northwest........warm weather today.......could hit 60..........

Had a few things to do this morn.....just getting to the 'puter.......

Merry Christmas & Happy Chanukah.................

Sharon & Larry