Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Yeoman

Default Christmas Presents

Well, I couldn't start the Good morning Christmas day thread, not tomorrow yet, so I figured I would have this all ready and waiting for everyone when they surface from their "vision of sugar plums".

Most heard, my son is up north with family this year. Which means the annual X-mas Eve "to-do" at my mom's was in full swing. I called them up and each one opened their gifts from us, a bit sad, missing family, but happy because i chose the correct presents.

My loving mother informed me, I was to sit down with my dog and husband, open all the presents that sat on my end table and love seat, (no tree) and have fun opening everything, oh and to sleep in.

We did. Hence this long winded post.

What did Y'all get for Christmas this year?
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Yeoman

So, I will start...unless someone beats me to it as I type.

I was pretty much spoiled, shocked, bemused and laughed this year. Without blathering to much, let me give the 3 second rendition of my insane clan. Mother...nut job, I take after her. Brother, yeah..him too. Eldest sister...Don't get me started, sufficed to say, she thinks women won the right to vote in 1979. Yup...'nough said. Niece of said eldest sister. Uhmm..yeah. nice. sweet. mouthy. Baby sister I am training her to be a nut case. She gives me puzzles each year that I solve in one day (the longest) and this year bought me that bloody Rubik's cube, cut open the package and messed the thing up! Grrr..

now, the list.

Defaced Rubik's cube.
DaVinci Code set
Herb cook book
Medieval cook book
Scooby doo playing cards
Massive finger nail/toe nail polishing lotion, what the heck do i do with Kit
One of those swiffer flick sweepers
3 muffin tins and 2 mini whisks (no bird in a tree)
A candle shaped like a star that melts into a castle with money buried in it
a really soft orange light wait pull over sweater
King Arthur documentary DVD
my annual cow calender for the kitchen
one of those neat glass things with Washington redskin emblems etched magically inside with a stand that turns with LED lights.

My hubby went Antique. he got me a crystal Viking long ship
a single teas saucer from England with yellow roses painted on it
bronze antique tall ship book ends
and his baby ring. I wear it on a chain with the necklace he bought me many moons ago.

Sorry...long winded and HUGE family!
Old December 25th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Admiral

I got the best thing I could of...........Larry is getting better.......no more TPE's.........his strength is coming back.......what else do I need?!?!?!?!?!

Sharon
Old December 25th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Captain

Sharon,
That is wonderful!

Texas,
Are you a cup and saucer collecter? You got the swiff and vac I wanted.

My DH bought a nice futon base to replace old one which he put together. My favorite present so far was from my boss who gave me a gorgeous pair of earrings. She went all out this year.

Karen
Old December 25th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Admiral

I got a digital camera!!! If I can figure out how to use it, I will bore you to death with Christmas pictures later today!

donna
Old December 25th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Yeoman

Karen---Actually, no I don't collect saucers. I love yellow roses, and he saw this lonely bone china saucer with hand painted yellow roses on them. he said he decided there and then, after he read the name of the china pattern, I was to have it. It is called "June Rose". We were married in June. He is such a romantic!
Old December 25th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Admiral

I have everyone at home and that is the best present I could get + 3. My eldest son and wife have 3 foster kids and I think they had the best Christmas ever. That was a joy and a blessing. My son told me after it was all over. "You and Mom spent waaaay tooo much money". My reply was."You never said that when we were buying Christmas for you and your brother" The little ones did have fun last night.
Old December 25th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I got my little family with me. I got to wake up with the man of my dreams(yes it was my husband) And I was on a cruiseship. Life is soooooo good.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Too many present throughout the year so actual presents for Christmas were smaller. We got a 14" flat screen for the bedroom (we havent' had a TV in the bedroom in years and not sure it is a good thing) and a new DVD player for the bedroom too. Now we have two TVs in the house - we have only had one now for years when the other one went out. 3 new movies. Houseshoes I picked out and had hubby wrap for me - that new ceramic tile is COLD this winter! Two new bookd from Half Price Books I bought and had hubby wrap up. AND best of all hubby remember a video I had mentioned months ago and actually bought it for me - it was so nice he remembered - he doesn't put much store in that stuff and it was very nice. BEST and foremost we spent Christmas together on our new land and spent the dinner with his Dad and family. Debbie
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Captain

Hi,
I just saw your June rose from your husband. That is romantic. Aaah!

DH buys practical gifts. What do you expect from a math teacher.
light for next to computer
coffee maker(kind where you put cup under) Way cool!

I would love a Christmas flower arrangement. Maybe if I start hinting in July.

FIL bought me opera glasses which I didn't ask for and was thoughtful of him. Maybe he is hoping I will give him more complimentary tickets. I hope he doesn't talk during the performance this time though.

Karen