Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default It is Wednesday

and at Noon we have a imaginary character that comes with a big chainsaw to cut the week in half

Here in Amsterdam it is chilly with -3 C and a bit of snow, not worth mentioning. The sun is out, not a bad day really.

I wanted to come online last night, but I fell asleep on the couch, DH woke me up at 23.00 hrs and went to bed, slept till the alarmclock went off. Geezzz, can these contraptions make a sound

So another coffee break is needed.

and ofcourse the morning tea.

[/code]

Read and post cruise reviews

Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. It is a cold clear morning here in NY. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. Should be interesting as daytime temps may be 40's but nightime temps have been 20's. Can anyone say ICE?
I stood up on a scale just now. Ouch,seems like I'm gaining everyday.
We dropped off some "straggler" Christmas presents that managed to find their way to our house last night for Donald and Sabrina. I think my daughter will be happy when school and daycare are open again. The kids have cabin fever. Need some snow outside to go play in. Still it's nice to squeeze in a rare weeknight visit.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old December 28th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Working today and tomorrow and then another five day weekend. YAY!
Looking forward to dinner with the 'mates tomorrow night.
PapaBill, I know what you mean....there's something wrong with my scale also!
Angela Z.
Old December 28th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone!!!! One of the presents that found its way into our house is a calendar that features as Miss August my drop dead gorgeous niece Molly posing in all her natural glory on a boat in the Keys . I am still waiting for most of my presents from DW to be delivered. She presented me with a box containing pictures of them My other present from her is a great desk chair for the home office, however, our male cat Oliver thinks it is his chair so I usually have to evict him from it. The stomach virus seems to be gone now but it was nasty while it was here.

Now for all the dirty minded who think I was ogling a naked picture of a young relative: Molly is an Austrailain Sheppard and the calendar is called "Those Awesome Aussies".

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 28th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning from warm oopps i mean coooold Florida. It's cold out there folks. I'm thinking a warmer climate, maybe Hawaii?

Angela Z, Looking forward to finally meeting you tomorrow night.
I hope I can find the place.( I have to work half a day)
We will try to go to the Ice Palace to. I want to see this place. they say it is very cool in carved ice. if 9 degrees is cool, then what is coooold....brrrrr.
Every one have a nice day
Old December 28th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Sea Trekker and Angela, heat up Florida, I am there in 2,5 weeks time and I expect sun in the Sunshine state
Do I have to pack my iso underwear or just my summer wear?

Old December 28th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Captain

Good morning,
I hope the sick ones are feeling better-like Eddie and Jake. How is the little granddaughter this morning, Mike M? I hope the fever is down and the duct tape is off.
That is awesome that doggie is in the calendar DougR. I sent pictures for a January story and I am anxiously waiting to see what they use. I just hope its not any that my boss told me not to send. Ooops!
Friends Mom died so we have to go to the wake tonight. She died on our friends birthday-Dec21.

Take care all,
Karen
Old December 28th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates.

From our local front page local newspaper: "Shopping stalwarts don't let storm put a damper on Boxing Day rush." It goes on: "Opening of Metro roads clear way for shoppers later in day. Slippery, slushy strong winds wern't enough to keep shoppers at home after two days without retail shopping"

Yesterday, DW and I took down all of our, inside the house, Christmas decorations. So, it's back to normal and time to think about our Feb 06/06 10-day cruise. It will be nice to get away from this miserable weather we're having.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old December 28th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Yeoman

Geeze Doug, you had me going there....I was about to make a comment as to how you could cope with a niece being Miss August...

Yeah..I am tired. Sorry!!

So, went to be last night around 11, and tossed and turned. my $^*%$#$ husbands Crackberry starts vibrating on the ^&$^* dresser and wakes me up! So I have been up since 2:38am. And who was it on the bloody email, but his father wanting to know something in regards to a tower for grandma in law!! Geeze! Insomnia sucks, then you get woken up at some stupid hour because someone can't shut off the &$^**(( e-mail/Crackberry!! :evil:

so...nothing going to happen today except i will attempt to clean my house, laundry, practicing my pitching arm so i can hurl the &%$&* crackberry to mars if it goes off again~!!! :evil:

Sorry...just a bit cranky. Anyone have any cookies?
Old December 28th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFyre
Sorry...just a bit cranky. Anyone have any cookies?
in the pingpong thread

Old December 28th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Yeoman

Thanks Jacqueline....will go there now.
Old December 28th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning mates from the sunshine state of Arkansas. temps went to 76 here yesterday for a new reecord and going into the upper 60's today. I just cant belive this weather. IT' DEC.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and please stay safe.
Old December 28th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all.

It is cold - 5 degrees. Rain and Freezing rain are predicted for tonight. That is not exciting news. My throat is very scratchy this morning and sinus are running. Think I have caught my daughter's cold. Not excited about this either.

Lots of picking up on todays agenda. Really not excited about that.

Trip, RollerDonna and CruiseAholic I have sent you PM's.

Hope I find something to get excited about today.
Old December 28th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the thermometer is hovering just below 0, and we are forecast freezing rain and maybe more snow later today.
Glad to hear from BW in New Brunswick, because I'd heard they got 40 -60 cms of snow! Are you dug out yet Bill?

Doug, good one, you had me going there too!
VTJen, sounds like a bit of PCD - Post Christmas Depression! I found a cure for that yesterday - I went shopping with my gift certificates!
TF, I'm sending you a BIG box of cookies, and a sledgehammer.

Jacqueline, nice of you to include the tea for me this morning. Bit weak though eh?

Last night I tried for the second time to go see Harry Potter. Guess what? Sold out again! From now on, I buy my ticket online BEFORE I go to the theatre!

donna
Old December 28th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I love those tea pictures ..I need my cup soon, but i must agree with Donna, my cuppa, will be stronger

Nothing on the agenda today, going to try and finish a book, I need to return to the library..... a lazy day here....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 28th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Admiral

YIKES it's Wednesday already. Time sure flies when you are having fun. Granddaughter has been here since Sunday and I haven't stopped since she arrived. Poor Coot has been feeling under the weather and hasn't been able to go with us to the theme parks but today she will spend the day with her Grumpa before we take her to the airport.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Morning all:

Boy a lot of people feeling under the weather. Hope you all get better soon.

Tex: Whoa! You crack me up. Just a little grumpy eh? lol

Not much going on in Michigan. Detroiters getting ready for the Autoshow and then of course the Superbowl game. People are renting out their houses for big money that week. Even out here in the burbs for like 2 thou a night. No thanks! I like my house in one piece.

Daughter broke her toe and sprained her foot yesterday. She was chasing the dog, came around the corner and the door frame kicked her. Two hours waiting in the clinic for xrays to confirm that the toe that was going sideways was indeed broke. Duh!!! So, no skiing for her, she is so bummed.

Hey, does my avatar make my butt look big?

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........mid 40's for the high today & rain of course.........

A bunch of errands on the agenda today, not much else........

Y'all have a good Wednesday...........

Sharon
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Default It's Wednesday

Good morning from chilly Southern California. Temps hold in the 60's and some rain is predicted down the road, finaly.

Today is gym day for Keith. He went on the freeway for the first time in a year and a half. The trip took about 30 minutes, and there were some white knuckle moments. On the way home, he stayed in the slow lane.
He got into the evening traffic, and exited quickly, so we took the streets home. But at least he did it.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! We're still on the warm weather ride in Calgary. Temps still staying in the 40-50 F range.. with basically no snow on the ground. It's great!

Have Kuki the Jr Barbarian opening the bar for me this morning, while I head out to run some errands. Then I'll head to work.

I'm now an SDM!! YEA!!!!!!!

Leaving a week tomorrow for LA and Get Lei'd 3 with 100 cruisemates!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Captain

Hi Judy,
I don't know if you will see this but was wondering how the nuerologist appt.went. Did they make Keith change the spread of his dose?

Tina,
That ladybug has a itty bitty behind.

Texas,
I sent my goodies(including cookies) from the 26 home with everyone. Oh darn! What was I thinking! I do have my Belgium chocolate. hehehe

K
Old December 28th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Yeoman

Thanks for the thought on the cookies... I took out my aggressions on my kitchen floor. I guess I just don't realize how big it is until i get my mop out. Boris is mad at me because I wouldn't let him in the kitchen as I mopped. Kicked the Man with the stupid O*(^$&*(9 black berry out so i could Zen on my floor.

Time to go suck the dirt out of my carpet...oh yes, and the dog hair.

Tina...your avatar is just perfect! No man will touch that one either...if he knows what is good for him!