Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Default Greetings from Fulda Germany

Sorry I did not check back in until today.We are not going to Amsterdam after all but we are taking the train tomorrow to go near the Holland border to visit my god mother.The weather conditions are very poorly and lots of snow. It has been a very big challenge with family here and we even checked to go home early for tomorrow But we are staying it would cost us a lot to change our tickets.We also had to move into another bungalow because the heater broke.It was a task we have 8 suitcases! Tonight we are meeting my father to go out to dinner for Schweins haxen(pork hooks). Phyll, yes I did go and buy the christmas tree with my dad. He is very critical of everything I do or am. Never mind my step mother But my aunt came for christmas evening and that evening was beautiful.We made lots of pictures.The tree had real candles and it was a great evening.The day after goose dinner was a nightmare with my step mother.

I have to run, we are back in Florida sunday night.I miss you guys and hope everyone had a nice christmas.Take care guys!
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Sorry to hear about the evil step-mother, Cinderella. But I'm glad you are having a wonderful time. When things settle down, you can give us a full report. I hope you've taken lots of pictures. Take care.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Sue, sorry things aren't going so well. Families are like that sometimes.
I would love to see pics of your Christmas tree with real candles, hope you took some!
Take it easy, and talk to you when you get home,

donna
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Sue, I am sorry to hear of the trouble but hope you can salvage some good memories out of the trip anyway. Have a safe trip home and know that we miss you.
Old December 28th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Sue, I am sorry it did not turn out so well. It is a pitty you can't come to my hometown, it would be great to have met at least 1 CM on old soil

Have a safe trip back home and enjoy these last days in Germany.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old December 28th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Thanks for checking in Sue. I'm sorry that your trip has been difficult in some ways. Glad there have been some bright moments along the way. Hope you have a safe trip home. We're turning up the heat for you down here in Florida.

Phyll
Old December 29th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

A real long shot here, Sue, but do you or your family know anyone named Hans Nagel in Fulda? He was with the railway department for many years. Never heard of anyone visiting Fulda - except me!
Old December 29th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Make the most of it, Sue, and don't let Dad and Stepmother spoil your trip. Don't forget, it could be the last time you see him. We never know, do we?

So have a good time at the Christmas market, stuff yourself on that wonderful Christstollen und Lebkuchen, and come back home to Florida with a big smile on your face.

We received our annual Christmas package from our friend Rene in Jena, and I'll be eating stollen, gingerbread and German chocolate until my belly bursts. It just hope that it's not all of those German goodies that have caused my kidney stones to return.

Jack
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas