Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Thursday Morning Already!

Hi Kids,
For some reason, sleep will not come, so here I am wishing you a good morning..To Our central Florida party goers..I wish you a fabulous time tonight..Wish I was there.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning Trip - just home from work a little bit ago and checking in.

I hope everyone has a great time down in Orlando tonight.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers - my Dad is doing MUCH better! I was getting on the phone Monday morning to finagle an appointment for him about his knee and he said - hold off for a day, please. I asked why and he said the knee felt a little better, so I said OK - as long as you let my brother and I do all the walking, etc. Well, he agreed and then comes Tuesday AM - my brother told me to sleep in and that he would take the dog out for his early AM walk and duty........I got up later and Dad was walking around without his cane, saying all the pain was gone! And it has stayed that way today. So, thank you CM for your prayers - they worked!

Have a great day everyone!
Old December 29th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning Already

Good morning from Southern California, Trip and Lisa. We're expecting some of the wet stuff, lots of it, I hear. Tomorrow's a dry day, so we'll do wha needs doing and then stay in and dry, I guess.

Nothing major. I still cough and hack. Gotta do some ironing anyway.

I look forward to meeting a lot of CruiseMates at the cocktail party in San Pedro. Not too far off now.

Have a nice Thurday. CM's.

Judy
Old December 29th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Admiral

My, aren't we the early birds this morning! I've been to bed, but like Trip, sleep won't come, so here I am again. Nice to know I'm not alone.
The weather is awful here in Montreal tonight, miserable freezing rain, and it should continue the rest of the day. Looks like a good day to stay in and read a book, but I'll probably end up cleaning. I'll check in with you again later.
Lisa, glad to hear your dad's knee is feeling better!

donna
Old December 29th, 2005, 03:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodmorning Trip, Lisa, CruisingK&J en Rollerdonna, did you all fell out of bed? So many early birds, go back to bed you all. I humm you a lullaby.

I am at work, made it in one piece, it is very slippery outside. And ofcourse with my sleepy head I have the wrong shoes on
The coffee is running, I need it very much, for I slept like a baby and my face is all wrinkles

For the Florida meet: have a great time, I am there in spirit

LIsa, good to hear your dad is doing so much better.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old December 29th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Rainy here in NY. Rain Rain go away. To all our Florida friends, have a nice time tonight and post a few pictures so we can feel like we joined you.
Gram and I have tried shopping a couple of times this week. We both have a few gift certificates. We keep coming home pretty much empty handed. Just can't seem to buy anything these days.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where the rain I heard around 4 this am has hopefully moved out. Should be a nice day in the 70's and the mid 40's tonight. Looking forward to dinner tonight. Wish you could all be there with us! We'll have lots of toasts to drink!
Angela Z.
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone on the last workday of the year !!!!

Going to use the worday to clean up the little stuff that has gone ignored (like filing) and to sort priorites so that I can get a running jump on 2006. No specific New Year's eve plans yet.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida where the temps have returned to where I want them to stay for a while. Don't think it rained here Angela, at least it didn't wake me up if it did. Rolled over in bed and twisted my knee which woke me up so here I am at this early hour.

Looking forward to meeting with our Central Florida cruisemates this evening. Wish you all could join us. What a party that would be. Hey wait that's close to what is gonna happen this time next year. 8) Jacqueline we'll have a drink in honor of your spirit.

PapaBill, I hate when that happens. I usually find things I want when I'm not looking. Hope your shopping goes better today.

Lisa glad your dad is feeling better and Trip, RD and Judy, hope you are all feeling better soon.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Tweety, tnx, I have a drink on you guys at midnight
Keep the temperature of 75C and I am happy !!!

Here is some coffee and tea to be made for the ones who want it.

Old December 29th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good thursday morn y'all.

I'm excited about the dinner tonight. We get to meet new friends from all the posts here. I can't beleive that we acctually want to be in a cold place, the ice palace. brrrr!
Papa bill, if you can't find anything to buy, send them to me. I'd love to shop! Just kidding.
Lisa, I'm very glad to hear your dad is doing better. like they say, getting old is not for sissys. Plenty of aches and pains with me too.
Tweety, send up a smoke signal in case I get lost. Hope you are close to the restruant.
I'm praying that Phyllbo and Jack are better today.
Trip we will be thinking of you too. don't fret, our next get together will be for the Century and new years. only 366 day to go.
Everyone have a great day
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Admiral

YIKES Lisa........I must have missed the post about your Dad.....sorry for the pain, but glad to hear that it's gone! Gusto is just going to have to keep him in line, I guess........hope he doesn't FALL on the ice like he did last year.

Good morning to all you CMs ....... this is the week I hate so much.....Christmas clean up........now the tree has to come down and the house will look so bare. I usually wait until New Years Day to do that, but I think I will get a jump on it tomorrow.

We have a little warming trend going on here in Left Central FL ..... going to be a PERFECT day. Sorry that I am missing the get together in the center of the state.....we were just there Sun/Mon......bad timing.
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good Morning mates from dark, dreary Mass. Its is supposed to rain all day long. It was nice yesterday so after work we took down most of the outdoor Christmas decorations,(boo-hoo) the lawn looks so empty and the snow is almost all gone.
Coffe just finished brewing, got to get myself in gear here at work.
Have a great day.
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Fairly warm today - 32. We had rain yesterday, so some of the roads are icy. I only have main roads to drive for work and such, so I'll be ok.

Woke up with quite a sore throat today. Will try to nurse it as best as possible. Tomorrow son has a Nordic Ski Race (cross country). It is on a local mountain. It is considered a home race so the parents all have to "work" it. That means we will have to get there before 9 and be there until 1 or 2. I don't function at all in the cold. It will be miserable for me, but I will try and suck it up. My son is the captain of the team, and I need to support him. My husband had to take the day off from work, to help at the race, and my dd will have to come and help too. The team is very small - about 10 kids - so no one can slack.

Have some more housework to accomplish - one of my daughter's friends arrives tomorrow for about 4 days. She moved away a couple of years ago and this is her first trip back home. She pretty much lived here with us anyway. Her mom had passed away when she was little and her dad had to work out of town a lot. It will good to have my second girl back for awhile.

Off to work!

Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Have a good day
Old December 29th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates...Sunny and warm is in store for today. Should hold up through the weekend..It is very dry here and burn bans are starting to be enforced. I sure hope we dont end up like Okla and Tex, with all the fires. We had one here in the National Forest in town yesterday , but luckily they got it out and the wind was low.

Have a wonderful day and please stay safe. I am off the next 3 days and I suspect we will be preparing for our trip to Tulsa for the funeral. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers. They are felt in our hearts, I assure you.
Old December 29th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's also rainy here in upstate NY. It's warm enough that it's not going to freeze. (Good thing!)

DW is anxiously waiting for the delivery men to get here. We bought a new washer and dryer yesterday. The dryer was over 20 years old and had seen better days. The washer had some dings in the basket, which caused rust stains on the clothes if left in the washer too long. So it was time. Our local store had a rebate which ends up being a free delivery and removal of the old stuff. Good thing...I'm too old to be moving things like that any more. Ah, to be young again!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 29th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Yeoman

Good morning! I slept. Think it was to hard, awoke with a stuffy nose and a headache. Blah! I hate that. Body is a bit stiff today, mopped my kitchen floor yesterday, my muscles hurt! Forgot how big it was. Of course I usually just got out the swiffer mob thingy and go. Yesterday i stripped it and pine sol'd it.

Today...Need to go back to Sam sand have them look at my glasses. The bifocal part has a mark on it that makes it hard to read. bothersome.

Side note: Husband just looked at what I was typing so furiously for. he said.."You tell them your daily schedule?" I told him that most of us do this and that the Family/friends I have on CM knows more of my day then he does.

So, back to our regularly scheduled post...

I had some odd dreams last night. The Dukes of hazard...the Original. I am never using Pine Sol again as long as i live.

I also had some thoughts, and will add them to my books outline. I am pretty much ready to start the final edit, add a few things here and there, filler, and then put it on the shelf and start my next book, or i should say, continue with it.

Sorry, I am blathering again.

Uhmm...My best wishes for those who are recovering. Lisa, glad your dad is feeling better.

You guys have a GREAT time at dinner with your gathering....wish we could do that here in Texas, but alas, its a BIG state.

Phyllbo and Jack...get better...that's an order! (Please?...)
Old December 29th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Morning...

Not much to report...

Have fun in Florida. You have no idea how much I wish I could be there.

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old December 29th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Cooling continues in Calgary, but temps above freezing (32F) continue. Got a dusting of snow last night, but doesn't look like it's going to stay on the ground.

Going to try and get in my pre cruise haircut this morning, and then tonight taking our family, and the family of Kuki Jr's girlfriend out for dinner tonight.

He stays with them when he's in town visiting, and over collge break, so I figure I owe them a dinner for feeding and entertaining him.
Now I just have to convince them they should also be paying his tuition and living expenses and I'd be a happy guy

One more week until we jet off for Get Lei'd 3 on the Island Princess!
Old December 29th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........weather is strying the same.....oh well........

Not much going on today......

Y'all have a great visit tonight at the gathering.......we'll be with you in spirit.......

Have a good Thursday...........

Sharon
Old December 29th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Almost afternoon here in Montreal now, didn't get much sleep and don't know what to do with myself today. Still off work, though James went back yesterday. Weather is awful, freezing rain and rain, very dull. Don't even want to go out. Trying to plan a New Years get -together for Sat. but nobody seems to be home.
Well, think I'll go read my new book.....

donna
Old December 29th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Finished installing a new shower head in the downstairs bath. We needed a longer hose on the shower head. It is the "official" Kramer cleaning station and now that we are getting older it's easier for us to sit then stand when giving him a bath so a longer hose was needed.

My nephew is coming over this afternoon and bringing his computer over for me to "clean". It became infected and has asked Uncle to rescue it. He hasn't backed it up and has his important stuff on it and can't wipe the hard drive. I told him he has to sit through a 30 minute lecture before I will even attempt to do it. He agreed.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 29th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Yeoman

good for you Mike! My father in law doesn't update his laptop, doesn't run virus scans and refuses to mess with any cookie cleaners! then he calls for Tech support....