Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Default Cruise Ships Coming Back to New Orleans

In the business section of today's local paper was an article regarding the schedule for the Port of New Orleans cruise schedule

today - The Delphin Renaissance (for one night)

Oct 26, 2006 - Sensation returns

Conquest - no committment given to return to New Orleans.."Carnival is examining avenues for full resumption of cruise service from New Orleans..It does continue to be our intention to bring a seven day product back to New Orleans. We're still analyzing fleet deployment plans going forward, but we haven't decided which ship will go back there (N.O.)"....I'm betting that they are chatting with the city and the port to bring the Carnival Freedom here for it's debut in Feb 2007..From a political and public relations perspective, this would be the home run for the city and generate tourism and Carnival...

Dec 2nd, 2006 - Grandeur of the Seas

Nov - Norwegian Sun

Feb 9th-11th - The Arcadia

Feb 22-24- Swan Hellenic Cruise Line - The Minerva will stop for Mardi Gras
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Once the cruise ships are back to NOLA we're going to do our part... in 2007 we'll DEFINITELY have a CruiseMates Group Cruise sailing from New Orleans!
Old December 29th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Yeoman

Venice:
It is hard watching the local news to determine exactly what condition downtown New Orleans is in. I see pictures of people walking through the Quarter and apparently some bars and restaurants are open.
Then they switch to shots of the various neighborhoods which were devasted.
Is downtown open and running with business as usual ? What about the hotels in the Quarter and on Canal ? Is the Hyatt open ?
Are any famous downtown restaurants still closed ?

Regards,
Ben
Old December 29th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Kuki..my offer is still open to host a New Orleans style pre cruise party when you do the group cruise in a traditional Creole format...if guest who visit our city just go to the French Quarter they are missing some of the real gems of our city...I can also arrange a 9th ward tour, which hopefully by then will be back to life

Tide Pride...what you are seeing is correct..the French Quarter and uptown were not damaged (did not have water) so it is alive and well and planning on hosting Mardi Gras...It's the Lakeview section, lower 9th ward and New Orleans East that has received the damage

The Hyatt hotel is open and doing business primarily with FEMA relief workers so if you are thinking about coming to visit soon, you might consider another place

I think if you have the opportunity in the next month or so, to come see it with your own eyes, you will have a better understanding of the devastation that tv cannot effectively portray
Old December 29th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Yeoman

Hey Venice,

When i was there for Halloween last year, my first visit, I fell in love with the city. There were about 800+ of us in town that weekend, along with a motorcycle gathering, some from Houston, Texas, the Vampire ball..etc. Anyway, I was on the river walk at the Hilton, we went to the infamous Pat O'Brien's. A friend worked at the Emeril's there, not certain which one.

How are those places? When the CM cruise goes out of N.O. I WILL
be there!
Old December 29th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Admiral

all the places are fine and extending you an invitation to come visit and spend your money to jump start the local businesses
Old December 29th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Admiral

But are Emeril's restaurants open?

Judy
Old December 29th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Admiral

I think they are, but he has 3 in the city..which one(s) were you concerned about ? I just ate at his "Fire and Ice" two weeks ago
Old December 29th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Admiral

HEY,,,we don't want to give the Grandeur back. We like having her here in Tampa. Seriously, glad to hear the port is reopening, and look forward to seeing more ships in the Big Easy.
Ken
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Venice, are Emeril's and Nola open, too? I didn't know he had one called Fire and Ice. What was that like?

Judy
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Skymaster...you can keep the Grandeur, and maybe Royal Caribbean will put a larger ship in New Orleans

CruisinK ...Fire and Ice (which is actually in the Metarie, which is a superb) was awesome...I believe of the other two, one is open and one is not, but I'll double check to let you know since I'll be in town this weekend
Old December 30th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Thanks Venice,,,I'll take the Grandeur! I wish we could get larger ships into port here in Tampa, but about 70,000 Tons is the maximum we can get under the Skyway Bridge. Yep, Grandeur is old, but she sure looked good here in port with the Legend of the Seas this month. Actually, I like that size ship, very comfortable cruise. :o
See you aboard,
Ken
Old December 30th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Skymaster..thought you might like to know I found out that one of Emeril's places is not open 'Delmonico's"..I'll see if I can find out about NOLA
Old December 31st, 2005, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

If CruiseMates does a group from New Orleans I will definately consider that. I have not been back there for more than a day at a time since my daughter was born there in 1970. She now lives in Houma so that is as near as I have been. It would be great to book a cruise from there and fly down a day or two ahead. Even better if it were with Carnival, my favorites!!!

Laura
Old December 31st, 2005, 01:20 PM
Admiral

even better if it's on the Carnival Freedom out of our new cruise terminal in the fall of 2007 !!!!!