Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2006, 12:06 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning! Happy New Year's Day to all CM's

Good morning from soggy Southern California with more wet stuff to come.

Well, kittycats, it's 2006. Gulp Time to take a deep breath and hope for a better, happier, healthier new year. I approach it with fear. And a lighter hurricane season for Florida. I wanna visit the keys, I DON't wanna have our itineraries changed, and I wanna have everybody GO on these cruises that signed up for 'em, especially US We deserve a couple of cruises; NO deaths, NO health problems

I made beef stew and we had yummy chocolate chip cookies from the neighbors.

Happy New Year, everyone

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2006, 12:12 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Judy and all CruiseMates to follow, and a very Happy New Year to you all! As we watched the ball drop in Times Square, I couldn't help but think of where we'll be next New Years, and all the wonderful people we will be with!
Let's hope we all get through the next year healthy, happy and without any disasters!

donna
Old January 1st, 2006, 12:25 AM
Admiral

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old January 1st, 2006, 12:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

A big SMOOCH to all my Cruisemate pals. May 2006 be the best ever!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 1st, 2006, 01:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning Cruisemates. We are still in Galveston, and about to try and get a few more hours of sleep, before we start home. The fog rolled in a couple of hours ago, and because of the burn ban, the fireworks off the pier was cancelled. I wish all of you wonderful people a great New Year. Talk to you either tomorrow night, or on Monday.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 1st, 2006, 01:49 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone! Happy New Year - the new year is 55 minutes old and so far, so good!

I hope everyone has a great day.............I have off on Monday so I can watch the bowl games!
Old January 1st, 2006, 02:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning (good night, really!) from Orlando. Our company left about an hour ago and I just finished the clean up. We had a great time tonight, lots of laughs and fireworks. One of the couples' husbands didn't come since he's sick but his wife said he'd make it next year.....I had to say "good luck with that since we'll be on a cruise!" YAY!
Happy New Year to all!
Angela Z.
Old January 1st, 2006, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning Judy, Donna, Liam, Trip, Luanne, Lisa, Angela and all the CM's to follow and HAPPY NEW YEAR I, too, watched the ball drop in Time's Square (on TV)....and I couldn't believe how weak Dick Clark's voice sounded to me. It was great that he was able to host the show again. We were supposed to travel to WV to celebrate New Year's Eve with my best friend, as we do every year. But, that was not meant to be. Gary had the flu and I felt as though I had a touch of it. I think having the flu shot kept me from getting a full-blown case. I hope you all have a wonderful, safe and healthy year ahead. Now that work is a little more manageable, I hope to be around much more than I have been in past weeks.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 1st, 2006, 07:50 AM
Admiral

HAPPY 2006

Had a little house party last night, 5 couples. Excellent food, great company and lots of laughs.

I don't do New Year's resolutions but, if I was going to make one, I'd go with a local newspaper columnist': "SEEK SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS, NOT FAULTS TO BLAME".

Have a fun year,

Bill
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Good later morning folks, from Monteal where it's snowing for a change.
Yesterday we had a lovely afternoon filled with visits from friends and family, some who have never been to our new home (5 years!) The evening was spent in quiet relaxation, except for the racket coming from the basement where my son was entertaining friends. Not a bad New Years, but I am so looking forward to next New Years!

Today we have been invited to my son's gf's family for a "smorgasbord" lunch. Should be interesting. Later we have my daughter and her boyfriend coming over for dinner. Guess we'll be having yesterday's leftovers!
Fortunately, I have one more day off after that to clean up and put away the tree and decorations. I hate that day every year, it looks so dull after.

Hope you all have a pleasant New Years Day with family or friends !

donna
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Happy Healthy and Prosperous New year to all of our CM friends!
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:47 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning. Went to bed last night at 11:35. Didn't watch the shiny ball, Mr. Clark or even turn the TV on. I guess I have to finally admit, I have no excitement on anything anymore...wonder how I got so boring.

I will have to ponder this.

Today, my husband said...WOW! there is a sale at so and so's! WE MUST GO!! Right! I said...Uhmmm...no.

The bright side, my son comes home tomorrow afternoon, and I can get my life back to the way I like it. Something to do.

I hope everyone has a safe, exciting time today, and that the new year brings you profit, love, health and of course, many cruises!
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Happy New Year all!!!! Spent the evening on the couch with DW watching Dick Clark on TV. My hat is off to him for making the effort even though he could have retired and faded away. Right now we have the Mummer's Parade from Philly on TV, it is a New Years tradition that goes back to Revolutionary War days. The parade lasts over 8 hours and there is a competition among all the clubs in the Philly area. Later we are going up to my Mothers and bringing New Years dinner with us including ham and blackeyed peas, which, according to southern tradition brings good luck in the coming year.

Everyone have a great year!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 1st, 2006, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny hot Jupiter Florida. Good day for the beach.

We had a quiet New Years Eve around here. Went out to dinner and then was home and in bed by 10PM. The neighborhood fire crackers woke me up at midnight, but otherwise I would have missed it.

Hope Gary is feeling better ML.
Tex, I'm glad your son is coming home. I'm sure he will brighten up your day.

BW-a suggestion for a New Years resolution that you can keep posted in the Palm Beach Post: Resolve to be lazy!

Phyll
Old January 1st, 2006, 10:31 AM
Captain

Good Morining CM's

It seems that I am running a little late this morning. I guess I can blame it on New Year's Eva.

I hope that everbody has a

GREAT 2006

John 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old January 1st, 2006, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Phyllbo:

"Resolve to be lazy!"

That's one I can easily keep.

In fact, I'm going to break my tradition and, I will reslove to be lazy in 2006.

Bill
Old January 1st, 2006, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates and HAPPY NEW YEAR. I am lucky I got on this boat anchor (computer) this morning. I hope it last long enough to make this post.

RollerD. I am with you..just think about where we will be this time next year..YiiiPPPeeeeee.

Mary Lou..hope Gary gets to feeling better and hope you do not get any worse.
Doug...Eat lots of those blackeyed peas for Health and do not forget to eat some cooked Gabbage for Wealth.
Phyll...I am with you on the Resolve to be Lazy..just so long as I can lose some weight doing it..Ya ser ree...I am going to lose some weight.

Everyone Else..Love Yaz and hope you have a great day and a very Prosperous New Year to all..
BigJohn out.
Old January 1st, 2006, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! 2006 starts in Calgary with above average temperatures (30sF) and no snow on the ground.

Went out for Chinese food with friends last night, and then home. Youngest Kuki Jr came by with movies, and he and Mrs K had their own Star Wars festival. I hit the sheets about 1 AM and they were still going strong.

Now.. next year.. if we find anyone has gone back to their cabins before midnight we'll ALL be coming YOUR cabin to party!!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 1st, 2006, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............we slept in this morning.....felt kinda good.......we went to bed early but left the tv on......woke up about 11:45........watched our local station celebration......listened to the neighbors fireworks, then went back to sleep.........

Y'all have a great Sunday & a Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Sharon