Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Default Had to move our next cruise

Well, we had planned to cruise on the Fantasy 2/23 with some family members... but due to a feud Mark is having with his sister, we had to change the date to 2/9. At least we're cruising sooner. The bad news is that Carnival charged a $180 penalty... the good news is that they said they can apply that charge to a future cruise booking.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Yeoman

Thanks Michelle! I just got an email from Dave's mom who say's they're not going! We had planned to go May13th because of their schedule but we usually go in April. I was real close to moving up the cruise and flight and hotel but now I may not. $180 just to move the cruise? I know it will be $300 to change the flight. OUCH! We'll stick with the original plan!
Old January 6th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Admiral

You might still be able to move the cruise without penalty if you haven't made final payment yet.

As for us, Mark made up with his sister and used the $180 credit from the cancellation to rebook us on the Feb. 28 cruise. Two cruises in two weeks of each other... how did I get so lucky?!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 6th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Yeoman

Nice! Maybe I CAN move it up then (haven't made final payment). I wonder what the penalty will be on the flight??? I booked through Travelocity.

I would much rather take the cruise in April as it's a bit cooler and not so humid. . . and I don't have to wait so long! hee hee

Thanks Michelle!

Arleen
Old January 6th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Michelle, would you please adopt me? I'm hardly any trouble at all, I'm potty trained (almost) and I eat all my veggies at the dining room. Please, oh please!!!!!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 6th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Nice try Eddie, but if we had another mouth to feed we couldn't afford all these cruises! (Which is kind of why we're taking as many as we can now!)

Cheers,
Michelle P.