Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Cruisin K & J

Judy, did you see the private message I sent you?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Admiral

Default CruisinKnJ

Trip, I hope you saw my response.

To tell you the truth, I am beginning to feel less than enthusiasm for the so-called Cruise of the Century. It's just getting too complicated. What happened to the days when you called a hotel and simply made reservations? Why didn't Nancy Bogart e-mail us if there were alternatives to hotels in Miami?

I really feel intimiated by Priceline, too. I think about New Years Eve. We just go to bed at our regular time. We're not night people. I just don't know if I want to do any of this . . .

Judy
Old January 9th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Captain

Hi Judy,
It is 2:30 and I can not sleep. I saw your message and just thought to tell you that if you go on the cruise and go to bed early on New Years Eve, you can enjoy a quiet ship in the morning. Many people will be in bed sleeping in the next morning but there will also be plenty who do not stay up late.
I went on a New Years cruise a couple years ago and thought it was mild. Not as much drinking as I thought there might be.

Karen
Old January 9th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Judy,
I know how you feel. There will be 20 plus family and friends with us on the cruise of the century. Just don't let all the hoopla get to you and go with the flow. All will be fine, I promise. Please, stay with all of us.
Old January 9th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Judy, the 2 day option is a wonderful way to allow people a choice, especially if they are continuing on, to do the Liberty. Staying onboard, allows for a smooth transition, less stress, and you can enjoy 2 more days with many of the gang, if you want. Having choices is a good thing

If you decided to do this, then getting a hotel between cruises is a mute point. If you come down early,the points or rewards you mentioned, in a previous post, will help you there, via the phone. Using Priceline etc is just a choice some will make, others will not.

Judy, doing what is comfortable for you, on a cruise, is what it's all about. Relaxation, when you want it, is another option for many of us.

Please enjoy anticipation of the cruise, don't get stressed. The holidays at sea, and the gang, will be a great de-stresser

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 9th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Judy, don't worry about going to be early. We might end up doing the same thing. The nice thing about going with the group is that you can chose to do whatever you want just like if you go on your own. The group is there when you want to join in the activities, but I haven't found any pressure if you want to do other things. I hope you will come along with us. It would be nice to meet both you and Keith.

Phyll