Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Default Cars! Cars! Cars!

Here in Michigan it's Auto Show time! It's the Oscar's of automotive. Glitz, glamor, lights, smoke and mirrors. Followed by a black tie event for Charity.

As some of you know my DH is involved very heavy with auto shows. He works long hard hours during all these for things to be pulled off without a hitch. I hardly see him and I'm very proud of him. From here it's Chicago, then NY! Good luck, honey!

Has anybody seen any of the new reveals so far? Got to love that Challenger! Sweet! Did you see the Jeep smash through the glass of the Hall and climb a mountain? Real glass! Today is another reveal that will make headlines with alot of snow! Sorry can't tell you more about that yet, but very cool.

Fun watching all this stuff. Hope US automakers have a better year! The new car/trucks/crossovers are a right start with alot of exciting, high quality products!

Good Luck Detroit!

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Admiral

I remember the Detroit Auto shows well,,,quite an event. We all went when we still lived up that way.

I Sure hope Detroit can revive itself as the automotive capital,,,I know some of my friends that still live up there are saying things are getting tuff.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 10th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Admiral

They are fun to go to. Very crowded, but fun. Yes, your friends are right. Things are different now to say the least. We know very few people that do not work in the automotive industry. If they don't then their family does. Cars go back in my family to the Gerald Ford days with my great grandfather turning down in investment offer with him when he "had an idea". My G Grandfather didn't have the 500.00 he ask for. But even with that miss, it's in our blood.

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old January 10th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Yeoman

TBUG!!!

Have you seen the new Challenger? OMG! It is....WOW! i want one!
Old January 11th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Admiral

ask your husband did volkswagon have the new proto type vw beetle roadster on display ?
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Brenda:

Actually, I meant to say Challenger in my OP, not Charger. DUHH! Not awake I guess. Yes, it is really sweet, and getting alot of good reviews up here. People are going nuts for it because it is like the original, but better. Did you see the pic's of the inside! OMG People are liking the Camero too, but disappointed that it is nothing like the classic so why name it that? That's a mistake nobody can afford to take right now.

Venice, I will ask him. He left at 4:00 this morning before I saw your post. Not sure if he made it over to VW yet. He tries to get around to see the others. I'll ask him.

Today is another great reveal. Yesterdays snow show got them on their feet with 6 inches of snow, big fans and very loud music, then out came the Aspen. It was so cool. DH says they are finding that snow everywhere!

Old January 11th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Tbug..thanks for asking him about the new beetle...I read about it in GQ magazine which indicated they should bring it to production late this year, but when I e-mailed vw usa they indicated it was still in the proto type stage
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Up here the media pretty much covers the show none stop. Even with specials on to tell you the truth, I have not seen much of anything for VW. They don't seem to be getting alot of coverage. Did see the new BMW. Pricey of course. Very fast. Very sharp! I saw the new Chinese car. (yuck!) Very poor! They set it up in the lobby. Should have set it in the bathroom. Media says nowhere near the standards of the others. It will be removed before the public.

Today is Vendor day. DH worries on these days. They've been known to actually remove parts from the cars! One year he turned around and saw someone wheeling the seats right out of the show. Crazy! He laughs about it now, but it wasn't so funny then.

Old January 11th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Yeoman

I just looked at the NAIAS web site, wow...some of those cars are really cool! My husband actually likes the new Camero, but he will need to be up from and personal.

I have to wait until March 2-4 to get my car fix
Old January 11th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Is that when the car show is there Tex?

Old January 11th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Yeoman

yes! It's not fair! are they stating how much these new cars are going to cost? say the Challenger?
Old January 11th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Some they are. The ones they know for sure that are going into production. Can't remember the Challenger. I know it's the only one right now. Demand for it to be in all the shows all around the world are high. I do remember them saying that car prices are going to stay reasonable. They have too!

DH will be in Texas, then for the set up. I know it's not as big as the others ones are thou. Maybe I can stow in his luggage and come see you?
Think he'll notice...

Old January 11th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Tina,
Does the Hubby get any free samples?
and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old January 11th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Admiral

Jason: Actually yes he does! But then he has to give them back.

Old January 11th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Captain

Hi,
I remember the old Challenger. My boyfriend had one. It was green and he called it froggy.

K
Old January 11th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Yeoman

If you can make it Tbug, then I would love to meet! Tell your hubby to look for the dork drooling on the Challenger...
Old January 12th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Yeoman

Okay T..

I just saw the Chrysler Aspen presentation you were talking about....I have to say....that was fantastic! What part of all this does your hubby do? I am curious. My husband does a lot of productions as well, though more on the Computer side.
Old January 12th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Admiral

He does the cars!

I'll PM you more info later.