Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Passenger

Default An idea for a different kind of cruise....

For those people (like myself) who enjoy both cruising as well as beachfront accommodations, is there any type of cruise that takes one to an island, drops them off, sets up overnight accommodations at a hotel, and then leaves the next day to cruise to another island where the same thing happens the next day? It seems like it would be nice to spend a night on an island to really get the whole experience.
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Admiral

I remember Cunard use to have a deal where they would drop you off on an island and pick you up a week later, but to do what you are suggesting would probably involve having a "shuttle concept" that would have to run 7 days per week in a closed cycle which would be not be a good allocation of resources

However, where there is a will, there is a way
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Admiral

there are itinearies where you stay more than the day in port - think Bermuda, your ship is your hotel on the water, why would you want to pay extra for a room on land?, and pack your bags for an overnight stay?
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Yeoman

There is something simular to that. The new orange and white boat...takes you Island hopping. EasyCruise I think the name is.
Old January 24th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Passenger

Some of the Hawaiian cruises stay in port overnight but I think you have to make your own hotel accomodations because most would probably come back to the cruise to sleep.