Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Passenger

Default St Petersburg private tour - June 11 and 12 Star princess

My husband and I are scheduled to take the Northern Europe Baltic sea cruise on Star Princess, departing Copenhagen on 6/14/06. We are looking for companions to share a private tour guide on 6/18 in St Petersburg. Is anyone interested? Also, this cruise stops at various ports in the Scandinavian countries. If you have taken this cruise before, and would like to share your "favorite excursions" or "must sees", we would very much appreciate your input. thank you.
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Yeoman

Why not post this over on the princess line?
Old January 19th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Admiral

It is a fantastic trip, did it this past July on Princess.

St. Petersburg, one thing...you will need to get your own visa's if you plan to do a private tour. If you do a ships tour, they handle it under a group visa.

A general tour, of the sites is nice to start off (especially the canal ride). The Hermitage is a must in my opinion, as is the Peterhof.
Old January 20th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Beginner

Certain private companies such as Red October will take care of the Visa for you. They can get group visas.
Old January 21st, 2006, 03:18 AM
Passenger

Default thank you for the response

Thank you to both of you for the response. I came to realize that we were arriving St Petersburg on a Sunday and Monday. there are three places that i've been told are "must sees" - hermitage, St Peterhof and St Catherine. Well, hermitage and St Peterhof are closed Monday. So none of the excursions, or combo thereof, can give me the ability to see all three sights within Sunday and Monday. So I found Red October on the web, and now I have a choice of going with them, or getting a group together to share a private van tour. Have you taken Red Oct's tour before? Did you like that cruise company?
Old January 21st, 2006, 10:36 AM
Beginner

I have not personally done Red October but know many who have done it and have spoken very highly of them. They have all felt they saw more through this tour then the tours through the ship.