Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2006, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Default Enough is Enough!!!!!!

Whatever is and has happened here it has to STOP NOW. I have not posted at all and to be quite frank it made me sad to see what has been said and done. But I know that I feel the kindness is leaving this site and I had enough. I love the people on this site and wish I could meet many more in person.
I am asking you guys to please conduct the questions in private and not in forums anymore. If I am out of line please let me know by e-mail. It has come to a point with me that I don't even want to come here anymore because of the "bad vibes". Please guys STOP it.

And just to be clear on this: We did cancel our Century cruise due to the fact we did not feel good about leaving our teenagers home alone. I did not wanted to take them with us and thought it would be better this way.

Again, I value everybody here but I can not deal with fighting anymore. Please keep it out of sight.That's all I am asking.
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2006, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

AMEN
to that Sue,
I do not feel the friendly atmosphere here any more.
The posts from the past 2 weeks are just mean, careless and bad spirited
You can not be happy with the bad feelings I see here.
I'm thinking about cancelling all the cruises thru C.M.

I'm going to find a better web site
Old January 22nd, 2006, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I haven't said anything so far nor replied to any of the other posts because I think the complaints were ridiculous and unfounded, but I agree, this has got to stop.

There seems to be just two people who started it, keep complaining about it, and blew the whole thing out of preportion.

It was a business decision. NOTHING MORE! Don't make it out to be something sinister and underhanded. Companies are under no obligation to inform the public of their daily business decisions.

I would suggest that the threads pertaining to it, including this one, be removed.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 10:02 AM
Captain

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!

I haven't been online for quite a few days, and not on chit chat for even longer.

Good grief folks, what in the world?

Just reading through a few of the posts saddens me a great deal, I never thought I would see this here at CM.

I'm not sure what was involved what was said or to who but I agree with Sue it needs to STOP!

And I think I'm lucky I haven't been around much in the last few weeks.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Jerry...Jerry...Jerry
Old January 22nd, 2006, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Good one Will.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

I have to agree with the others on this. It is not fun to read and doesn't make me want to join in anymore. There is enough arguing and fighting in the world, life is too short to waste it. Like was said, this was a company decision, we don't run the company and they don't run our lives.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 04:16 PM
Admiral

Amen!! Let's all get back to the fun of cruising, which is really what this site is about.
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 09:12 PM
First Mate

OK What am I missing here?
I know that cruisemates has changed some of their personnel but really aren't we here to get info on cruising, not to become personal friends with people we don't know and probably will never meet.

Come on , grow up and stop acting like spoiled babies. If you are relying on this site to make friends then you have a pretty sad life!!!!!
JennC
Old January 22nd, 2006, 10:09 PM
First Mate

sue

i totally agree with you. i personally have not kept up with your earlier post and do now know the cercumstances of your feelings of it , but i have noticed that their are more negative post here lately than before. and i seldom get a reply to a normal cruise question that should be something easy to reply too and help me out. i am finding this site to be stale and not much help in my cruise plans for fun or information. i drop in only occasionally for any new post, but mostly i go too other sites as of late. maybe i will see you on cc site which i like much more and get alot more positive help from. on that site i am musicmansmom. hope to see you there.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:40 PM
Admiral

Sue> Relax. What you see are growing pains. I have learned one thing in the 10 years I've spent on various cruise-related BB's, and that is that these things are cyclical. Every so often, an "issue" pops up, and people have at it. It's part of a community, and the more transparent the community, the more obvious the pain. On other BB's, I've seen the whole thing swept under the rug (deleted or locked down) and then you REALLY start to wonder what the heck is going on.....

This (and other things still to come) all will pass. Patience.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old January 23rd, 2006, 10:12 PM
Yeoman

Sue...I am right there with you. I came in in October last year, met some fantastic folks, but recently, like you, i am shying away with all the bickering...am i allowed to say that?

Anyway, I agree 100%
Old January 23rd, 2006, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Sue,,,,
Remember this is one big "family",,,so we are aloud to bicker amongst ourselves,,,that's how familys learn about each other,,,,hang in there kido,,,it's gotta get better,,,it's already gotten bad,,,,but I agree,,,it's time to let it all go,,,,enough is enough and tooo much is NASTY !!! so pllleeeaseee,,,,,,jmo

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Admiral

This, too shall pass.......it always does. It's a big internet with plenty of room for lots of opinions and lots of venues.
Old January 24th, 2006, 07:46 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.

GOSH!!!! What has been going on here? Have been away travelling within the UK visiting my father who is not a well man (has Parkinsons Disease).

Thought I would come back in and see what has been going on and oh dear what is it, the January Blues????

Everybody seems very flat and downhearted so much. I know that the Scientists over here said that yesterday (the third Monday in Jan) is technically the most depressing day of the year and I must say, having come on here to catch up, I am now feeling a wee depressed.

I have read thru the threads regarding the moderators and what has happened but thigns change in life - nothing every stays the same - that is life.

Havign sepnt some valuable time with my father and seeing that health is the most valuable thing we all have, dont fret about things like this - life is too short for every one of us.

Just think about those poor people who tried so hard to save the London Whale and how they would have been feeling.

Hope you all have a better day.

Kind regards,
Kimmiegirl
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Kimmie, My prayers to your father, and to your family. I hope your visit was a good one.

Luanne