CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Get to Go Cruising Next Month.... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/307587-get-go-cruising-next-month.html)

Marc January 24th, 2006 06:39 PM

Get to Go Cruising Next Month....

....well, only for six hours. We got approval to board the Seven Seas Navigator in San Juan with my folks. We can stay on board, visit, and have lunch...

...but they are kicking us off at 1700 :(

Oh well, it is the only cruise ship I will be on this year so need to make the best of it. :D

Donna January 24th, 2006 06:48 PM

Hey Marc,
That is so wonderful, glad you were able to get approval!! Way to Go!!

Tweety January 24th, 2006 07:11 PM

Hey I think you should adopt me so I can see what all the raving is about on these ships. :)

KimJack January 24th, 2006 07:50 PM

Have a great non-cruise on the Mariner, Marc and Arleen. Before long, it will be time to start shopping for long-johns and the like for next year's Antarctica adventure.:)

Jack

UConn1 January 24th, 2006 07:57 PM

Marc, If Tweety goes, I go. Just wanted to make sure you knew that! LOL

Jodi

Marc January 24th, 2006 08:00 PM

Tweety and Jodi, Trip boarded the Navigator just a few months ago; did she invite you onboard? No! Now, how am I supposed to get you on board with such little notice. :?:

Jack, yes, the long johns are on the shopping list; both for Antarctica and our trip next year to Churchill to sea the polar bears. I think it will be time for some warm weather cruising after those two trips next year.

Kuki January 24th, 2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

We got approval to board the Seven Seas Navigator in San Juan with my folks. We can stay on board, visit, and have lunch...
Marc.. you're flying all the way to San Juan for lunch?

That is the nice thing about the smaller luxury lines, and probably more easily done since you've cruised with them alot. Have fun!

A few years back we arranged to have some cruisemates in San Diego board for dinner with us on Seabourn Legend. Then, the odd thing was we had never met until that night.

UConn1 January 24th, 2006 08:03 PM

Tweety, Have you found our flights to San Juan yet? I am packed and ready to go!!

:D :D :D
Jodi

Marc January 24th, 2006 08:07 PM

Kuki, we are joining them for a four day "pre-cruise" in San Juan. This cruise is to celebrate my father's 75th birthday. Joining them in San Juan is our chance to celebrate with them; we couldn't afford the time to take the cruise, too.

By the way, does anyone have any ideas on what I can try to arrange for my father onboard? I think sending a bottle of champagne is a little too impersonal and would not be worth it since he prefers scotch. I was thinking of getting CD to announce his birthday at the returning cruisers party; but that is not fair to others celebrating their birthdays. Any thoughts?

Tide Pride January 24th, 2006 08:40 PM

Marc:
I join your father as a Scotch lover. Try Johnny Walker Black.

Regards,
Ben

UConn1 January 24th, 2006 08:45 PM

Or go over the top and try JW Blue.....

I think that if it (birthdays) is mentioned, but your father is singled out, that would be fine.

Jodi

Marc January 24th, 2006 08:47 PM

I have a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue at home. If I brought it to the next Central Florida get together, would there be others to help drink it?

UConn1 January 24th, 2006 08:49 PM

Count me in on that, but maybe if it is unopened, you may want to give it to your dad. Don't spoil us, spoil him.

Jodi

Phyllbo January 24th, 2006 09:03 PM

Nice dinner reservations, Mark. It's great when your family likes to cruise too.

Phyll

Tide Pride January 24th, 2006 09:06 PM

I can not imagine trying the Blue.

Regards,
Ben

Y2C January 25th, 2006 02:29 AM

Marc,
Does RSSC offer any special occasion items to order.

wellwishers.com is another you may look at, they do have the normal as wine, baskets etc but also offer a special request on a drop down menu.

How about balloons and other amenities in your Dad's cabin?

Sailing gal January 25th, 2006 06:23 AM

How about purchasing a tour for them on one of the islands? Or a couple hours in a private taxi? Pick one according to your budget.
I think you should just surprise him and go on the cruise. Ah, come on, about not affording it. The ones that say they can't afford it are the loaded ones.

Karen