Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning!

Good morning friends. It is another cold and snowy day in the "Burgh". Boy, could I use a cruise........only 9 more days until I'm in Florida! Yesterday was quite stressful....it all began with the phone call from Jackie telling me of her auto accident and the possibility that her car is demolished. This is when I realize how hard it is having her living 3 hours away. I just felt like I needed to see her with my own eyes to know she was really okay.
Right now, I'm at home...going into work late. I am supposed to receive my laptop this morning and someone has to be here to sign for it. I sure hope I didn't take the morning off for nothing. I hope you all have a great day. Stay safe out there!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2006, 05:53 AM
First Mate

Good Morning ML and Mates to follow,

I am up early...I have a job interview today for a remedial reading postion at the school I student taught at. I just paid off my cruise so only 85 more day .

Have a great day all.

Carnival Miracle
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good morning CruiseMates!!! Work day for me today. Seasonably cold day here in NH's Lakes Region. Have a great day all.

Laura
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it's another chilly morning. Looking forward to lunch on the 4th Mary Lou!
Angela Z.
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! The mattress arrived and the new bed is wonderful!!!! However, DW chewed the owner of the store out and told him we would never buy a stick of furniture from him again. Her boss, who lives next door to this guy, is verbally working him over too. The final straw was when instead of sending us pillows as a compensation for our inconvenience as promised , he sent a single pllow. When DW pointed this out, he said that those pillows cost him $130 each (actually they are $125 retail on the manufacturers web site). Combine that with the fact that they did not remove the packaging when they left (as has every furniture delivery I have ever had nationwide) we were very unhappy with him. He claims he never removes the packaging becuase that is what keeps his costs down (please note he did not say keeps prices down ).

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Clear , seasonably cold but very windy day here in NY.
My daughter emailed me an article from the Autism Society of America last night. They are forming something called Generations Club . It is aimed primarily at grandparents of children with Autism to help keep them informed and give them a network for sharing. It will give us direct access to information we always received second hand from our daughter. I'm looking forward to new information that will help us to support our grandson who has Aspergers Syndrome. I have shared the information directly with another Cruisemate whose grandson has been diagnosed with Aspergers and would be happy to pass it on to anyone else with interest.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I could use a cruise too, but I don't see one in the near future. Maybe after Easter.

It's a bit chilly here in central NY, but nothing like last year (according to my natural gas bill). Just a little bit of flurries coming down right now.

Doug, isn't it amazing how little these companies care for the customer after they get their money from you? But they are your best friend before the sale.

ML, I hope you don't have to wait too long for your new 'puter.

Have a wonderful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 26th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,
Still snowing a bit. Son is perking up. Nothing too exciting planned today.

Averted a bad delivery experience yesterday. For a minute I thought I was going to have a day like Doug had had the day before. I was at Church racing to finish a big job (compiling all the music for all 30 choir members for the Lent/Easter Season so it could be distributed at choir practice that night). I had to get it done so I could be home for one and I literally had to run to get it done, just in the nick of time. Shortly before I left my cell phone rang. It was the delivery company that the original delivery company subcontracted to get the TV the last 70 miles. They said they were calling to set up a delivery time, I said wait a minute, I already had a delivery time and it was between 1 and 5 this afternoon. The lady was arguing saying it certainly was not, she had no record of that, by the end she was yelling and I was a tad unpleasant my self. I told her I would be contacting my original shipper. She said go ahead.
I finished my project, got home just before 1, called the shipper. Expained what the second shipper said. She said she would call me right back. Within 20 minutes she called to inform me that my TV would definately be coming that afternoon, the second shipper had to locate a driver and it would be here as arranged and agreed upon. She was very pleasant and helpful. I was very pleasant and thankful. I had the tv by 3:30 and today will try and learn how to turn it on.

Tomorrow off to the Oral Surgeon. Broke the news to my husband that I had to make a quick stop at the Scrapbook Store since we would be so close, but appeased him that we could go to a shoe store and look at some boots he's been wanting, also in the same area.

PapaBill - that must be very exciting to learn of this new group that is forming. It is an excellent idea and a wonderful way for families to work together and support the child in the best possible way.

Doug - glad the bed was worth the wait, hope you get a matching pillow!
Sue - just wanted you to know that you've been in my thoughts since yesterdays post. Know that you are in my prayers.
ML - sorry to hear of Jackies car accident. So glad she is ok. It is hard to have them so far, my daughter is 1200 miles from me when at college and when she is going thru hard times it is difficult for me, as I know that I could tell so much more by looking at her face.
Kuki - saw a garbage eating moose on the Today show this morning.
Not one of your clan, I am sure.

Joyful day to all of you.
Old January 26th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Jupiter Fl. It's 53 here right now.
I'm going to meet my brother for coffee and then I'll head down to Fort Lauderdale airport to pick up my daughter. It's going to be great having her here for the weekend.

ML, hope Jackie is doing ok today. I know what you mean about wanting to be able to see her after hearing that kind of news.

Take care everyone and have a good day.

Phyll
Old January 26th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........cold & dark....yuck.....

Off to the hospital to get Larry up & walking.......sooner he does that sooner he gets to come home.....yeah!!!!

Y'all have a good Thursday......

Sharon
Old January 26th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,
It's still in the 40's here in Avon Park, FL but, as usual, the sun is shining. The high is to be 71.

I hope we can nail a cruise fairly quickly. It's time to start looking forward to going somewhere.
Bye for now. Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old January 26th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Not much going on here today...Had the kids over last night for supper..Nikki wanted stuffed cabbage, so that's what she got! Watching Aiden run around is just too funny..For some reason he is calling me Pepe,[french pet name for grandftaher, instead of Memere [grandmother.] Maybe I will go out and buy myself a tie

I started 700 Sundays, by Billy Crystal, and I am grinning as I turn the pages,That's all I have today

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 26th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! Humid and overcast in Houston today, chance of rain this evening and it is my Monday. I count the days until I am eligible to retire, that helps make my days go by. Oh, looking forward to cruising helps also . I will probably purchase a short, 4 day cruise out of Cape Canaveral to go to the Bahamas. I went there in '99 but the beaches had been destroyed by a hurricane. I look forward to seeing them in pristine condition!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 26th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a typical Jan. day in Montreal, -6C, dull and snowing lightly.

Last night I enjoyed a nice dinner out with a "good old" friend, and our 2 sons also enjoyed themselves in their own booth. We have vowed to try to get together at least once a month, because we miss each other and are both always so busy. Unfortunately, she cannot come to my home because she is highly allergic to my dog and cat. She can only come for a BBQ in the summer when we can stay outside!

ML, glad to hear your daughter is all right. Mine is only 15 mins. away, and it's hard sometimes not being able to see her due to opposite schedules.

Doug, glad to hear your bed finally arrived! Yours is a typical story of how little these big companies value their customers. What are you supposed to do with one pillow?

Jen, you made me laugh about learning to turn on the TV! It's so true!

PapaBill, that sounds like a great organization! I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me that website. Thanks.

Phyll, enjoy your daughter's weekend visit!

Well, I'd better get some breakfast and get ready for work.
Have a nice day Alll!

donna
Old January 26th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Yeoman

G'Day mates:
Absolutely beautiful day here in the Heart of Dixie with projected high of 60F.
Doug, you lead an interesting life.. From your tales of Bridzilla to the nut on your bus recently to your mattress trials... I got frustrated just reading about it.
Thanks Papa for the email you sent to me.
Moving pretty fast so got to run.
Have a good one !

Regards,
Ben
Old January 26th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The balmy winter weather may be ending in Calgary. Set a 118 yr record yesterday, with high temps near 58 F.
But we're still going to see 40sF today.

Folks called last night from Pheonix and they seem to be settling in well, and spending lots of time with their great grandchild, so I'm delighted.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 26th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl.....i feel like crap....got our water delivered today for the first time. I was tired of running to Sams every week and dealing with those big water bottles. It's not much more $$ either sothat's good. It's too bad we can't drink our own water here in FL..yuck isn't the word.

Looks like we will go to that resort I wrote about in July right after my birthday.Still trying to finalize stuff. Youngest daughter asked me if this would eman we would not do a Disney cruise? and i told her most likely no.She is not a happy camper. All she could think of was the Blue Lagoon in Nassau but I thought it was still closed from the hurricane anyway? Michelle do you know the answer to that one?
Today the pool cleaner is supposed to come. It's a free treatment, the construction people are paying for it. Due to the construction our pool get's so dirty and they offered to pay for cleaning. They power washed everyones deck also but we did it last weekend and it took us 2 days to do it.
I am hanging on to by inches....God help me. Anyway, have a wonderful day mates
Old January 26th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone from Sunny Southern California. Well it's not really sunny outsiide, partly cloudy and about 52 degrees but at least the winds are gone.

I accepted a job offer yesterday. Not sure when I start but Monday is the phyical. The Chief of Geriatrics knew about my cruise when I interviewed, said that would have no reflection on being selected and most likely I would start when I returned. Thank goodness.

Theta, good luck on your interview!!

Happy Thursday and make it a great day!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 26th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,

Not much going on here in the tidewater of Va. Chilly this a.m. but bright sun shine. Which is good.

Sue I am worried about you,,,please try to perk up a little. This too shall pass. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way,,,,

Hope everyone has a great day.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 26th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning

Good morning from a partly cloudy Southern California. Wish that translated into rain, but no such luck.

ML, I'm sorry about your daughter's accident. But lucky you, a new computer
Doug, my goodness, some businessmen need to go to charm school
PapaBill, that organization sounds like it has an excellent program.
Trip, I just finished Lilian Jackson Braun's new book, "The Cat Who Dropped a Bomb."
Sharon, I didn't know Larry was back in the hospital again. I guess I missed something.
Phyll, enjoy your daughter's visit.
Teresa, congrats on the new job. Nice to hear the boss is cruise friendly

Today, Keith will go to see the ol' guys in the airport in Riverside. I get to finish the ironing.

See ya . . .

Judy
Old January 26th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Good morning from a cloudy Vancouver.
Mehawk-Yes, I wish I was counting the days until my retirement too.(My number is still way too high!)
ML-glad to hear your daughter was not hurt.
Phyll-enjoy your daughter's visit!
Trip-do you have French relatives?
VTJen-at least some good is coming out of the Oral Surgeon visit-a trip to the scrapbooking store!
Doug-I sure hope you get another (matching) pillow!
Everyone take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old January 26th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Yeoman

Good afternoon!

Busy morning for me. Nothing much happening though. Hope y'all have a better afternoon!