CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   I think I'm finally caught up (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/308092-i-think-im-finally-caught-up.html)

Kuki January 31st, 2006 08:21 PM

I think I'm finally caught up

Took 10 days after returning from the cruise, but I think I am finally caught up with "real life". At work the bills are paid (in time for the new ones to come), my accounting work is current, there's beer in the beer coolers, and staffing seems to be stable (at least momentarily).

I wrote a couple of article about the cruises, and submitted them. So now it seems I may even have some time to play.... and start enjoying the next coming cruise.. to the Panama Canal with more cruisemates buddies!

Now I just have to loose about 4 lbs by next week so my Dr. won't yell at me during my check up next week. He's tough.. last time he gave me a hard time for gaining 1 1b.

Dorothy January 31st, 2006 08:27 PM

1 pound??? You can tell he's not a cruiser, Kuki!

Welcome back to the real world. Just wish my next cruise was sooner - it's KILLING me to wait until December.

I keep looking at the September CM cruise with great longing..... :(

dorothy

UConn1 January 31st, 2006 08:30 PM

Thanks Dorothy, your countdown clocks make me feel not so bad about mine. LOL LOL

Kuki,
Good for you - it took me two months to get caught up at work after 17 days off for my last cruise...

Jodi

Delft January 31st, 2006 08:58 PM

only one pound and you got in trouble.......yikes! Now I was lucky, I got lost so often on the ship I didnt gain a pound from all the walking up and down and all around, which is a good thing as I gain fast what with prednisone and all.............and yes, I know what you mean, it always takes abit of time to answer all the mail, unpack, get the wash done etc.........and of course get the pics developed!!!!that is always a priority for me. Last trip I took, I had sent them online to walmart and picked them up the next day at 9 AM! Just great some times the technology of today.

rollerdonna January 31st, 2006 09:22 PM

Kuki, by the time you catch up, it's time to go again!
Unfortunately, I have alot of "real life" before I get to go again....

donna

CruisinK n J January 31st, 2006 10:21 PM

I think I'm Finally Caught Up

RD is right; there's a lot of real life comin' before December.

Judy

will7260 January 31st, 2006 10:22 PM

Cruisin' Kuki

Kuki, you cruise almost as much as a woman on the "other" cruise boards - her user name is tuggers. I think she has been on almost forty cruises in the past two years. Sure would like to know her secret; she was on our cruise last March on Millenium.
We are leaving on RCCL Mariner 2/26. Have you been on Mariner and if so, I would value your opinion/comments.......anyone else have any comments??
Thanks
Pam

Kuki January 31st, 2006 10:51 PM

Will.. I WISH I'd cruised anywhere near that much! It may seem like it to some, but UNFORTUNATELY not.

I'm VERY lucky! And just the last couple of years have been going about every 3 or so months.

Sorry.. I've never been on Mariner, so cant be of any help with that. Only Voyager Class ship I've sailed was the Explorer of the Seas.