Terrible Cruise Anxiety!!
I booked and paid for a cruise on the Elation for Feb. 16-20 with 4 of my girlfriends as a girls only trip! I was so excited when we booked the trip a month ago. I have all my clothes, swim wear etc ready to be put into my suitcases. I have been counting down the days on my calender at work and today I go to X out this past weekend and I had an anxiety attack. It was so horrible I called the TA to see what options I had if I was to cancel today, 10 days before departure! I know I would regret cancelling but this anxiety is causing me terrible stomach pains and sickness, it is ruining my trip. Has anyone ever experienced this? How do I over come this so that I dont miss out on a great trip? HELP PLEASE!
I'm so sorry you are having this probelm. Have you ever had this problem in any other area of your life, or is this your first time?
Can you pinpoint what part of the trip is giving you this anxiety? The actual flying or driving to the port? Actually being on a ship? Is this your first cruise? if you haven't taken out insurance, canceling may not be an option.....Call the Dr. and get something to calm you down, and hopefully, these feelings will pass..Good luck!
My friends & I have not been able to pin point where this is coming from. This is NOT my 1st cruise. Calling a Dr. for something to calm me down is a great idea. Thank you.
Are you sure it is from the trip? Maybe something else is causing it. Depending on your age, maybe it is related to hormone changes.
Are you leaving a husband and family at home while you go?
Let us know how it goes.
Patty and I will be praying for you and hope that you have a wonderful cruise.
Laura and Patty
Lynn: I feel for you and understand your pain right now. Anxiety attacks can come from out of nowhere, for no (apparent) reason, and without warning.
Here are some things to remember:
- No one EVER died of an anxiety attack. You might feel like it, but you won't die.
- Do not start now wondering, "What if this happens again?" "What if I freak out on the ship?" "What if? what if? what if?" It's a vicious cycle and you'll just work yourself up more. It might NEVER happen again - hold that thought!!
- As uncomfortable as it is when it's happening, try to focus on something completely unrelated. Look at the sky, the sea, the slats on the deck chair, the boards on the floor, anything - just stare at something.
- There are 4 great tools to help you get though this - and you WILL get through!
1. Face it. It WILL go away.
2. Accept it. You can't stop it, but it will go away.
3. Float. Sit down, do the random focusing on something else, take
some deep breaths.
4. Let time pass. When you're in the middle of one of these things,
a minute can seem like an hour.
So, Face, Accept, Float, Let time pass. Remember, above all, no one ever died due to an anxiety attack and it WILL pass - even though at the time you feel totally out of control (but you're not!)
Please keep us posted. I empathize with you - anxiety was a huge problem for me for years and I'm over it now, and you will be too.
I have had a few anxiety attacks in the past, and they are unnerving. I hope that you can overcome it and go and enjoy yourself. Will pray that you find some relief.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1