CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (
-   -   Big week next week (

PapaBill February 8th, 2006 06:20 PM

Big week next week
While most of you think of next week in terms of Valentines Day or maybe the Pro Bowl , for the past 40 years or so the week beginning Feb 14 has always been "THE BIG WEEK" for Gram and I.
Valentines Day is followed several days later by our anniversary and only a few days after by Gram's birthday. You think Christmas is expensive?
No getting away with one big gift either. Each occasion must be honored and recognized individually. Worst part at the moment is I have not gone shopping at all. No wonder I've been getting up early in the morning.
Gotta go think of something new and different.

CruisinK n J February 8th, 2006 06:36 PM

Big Week Next Week
That is a big week, PapaBill. In this house, Christmas is the big week: my birthday (Christmas Day), my SIL's birthday, and his son's birthday.

Luanne Russo February 8th, 2006 06:42 PM

40 years sounds like a long time, but I bet it doesn't seem that long.

Congrads to you both.

Phyllbo February 8th, 2006 07:24 PM

I'm sure you'll come through with something very nice for Grams, PapaBill. Congratulations on your 40 years together. We will celebrate our 35th Anniversary next week too.

CA Cruiser February 8th, 2006 07:58 PM

Congratulations on such an important event!! You'll come thru. February is sure a popular month, we celebrate our 33rd anniversary the 25th. Pretty good for a young couple who eloped!! and they said it wouldn't last... LOL

Tide Pride February 8th, 2006 08:10 PM

Hey Papa:
Congrats on the anniversary ! How proud you must be to make a life together for so many years. It does my heart good to see someone so proud of his wife, daughters and grandchildren.
I am proud to know you through these boards.

Will February 8th, 2006 08:31 PM

Luanne you are back!! Post now please please

Angela Z. February 8th, 2006 08:43 PM

....a cruise is always a nice gift :wink:
Seriously, enjoy your big week!
Angela Z.

Brenda in Canada February 8th, 2006 08:46 PM

Congrats on your anniversary PBill! And good luck with the shopping. I think Angela does have a great idea though-a cruise!!!!

VTJen February 9th, 2006 08:44 AM

Wow! You do have a big week ahead of you. Get shopping!!

Delft February 9th, 2006 08:51 AM

congrats on your anniversary and many many more happy years together.

Cruznut2 February 9th, 2006 09:15 AM