Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Morning, The blizzard is coming

Morning all. It is way too early on Saturday morning. Since we have had virtually no snow in 2006 the one predicted for tonight is being reported as "the big one". Coastal storm predicting up to a foot south and east of NYC and up to 2 feet when it arrives in New England. I'll check out the snow blower and make sure I have gas for it later today.
Big plans for today include a haircut. Does it get any more exciting than that?
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning everybody. Austin checking in with 41 degrees. Of course they were predicting a lot colder. Supposed to get into the twenties tonight but I doubt it. Just another mild winter day in central Texas.

Caribbean Village Playa Dorada: Dominican Republic All Inclusive
Old February 11th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! The storm is supposed to be here tomorrow. I was supposed to work but it has been decided that today I will make up boxes of all 3 meals for Sunday for each residence cottage to send today. Tomorrow when I am supposed to be working I can be safely at home reading CruiseMates and sipping hot hazelnut coffee. Soooooo busy day today. Have a great day all.

Laura
Old February 11th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Admiral

good morning, to bed late, up early, guess excited we decided to go on a cruise in just three weeks time, but less to worry about and do because we are driving. Flying is difficult for me because since 911, not so easy to bring medical supplies like before, or to beep coming through metal detectors!! So, driving will be better for us. Son was just so excited, will let him sleep in today as he works this evening. Only one dog woke up with me, the other one I think says, to late to bed, to early up, back to sleep for me. I keep reading about this storm, I didnt pay enough attention to the news, I really should wtch it and see what is coming our way.
By for now.
Old February 11th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from the other one in Montreal! Woke up to -17 with prediction of snow flurries, but I don't like the sound of PapBill's and Laura's weather, it had better not be coming here!

PapBill and fasteddie, you can put out the welcome mat for me today, I am coming to visit your fair state for breakfast and a bit of cheese shopping!

Not much else planned, just a short visit from the grandaughter, and maybe going out for dinner for an early Valentines celebration.

Have a great day everyone!

donna
Old February 11th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Morning PapaBill and all the others. We're getting that storm down here too, it's only suppose to get up to 69 today! And tomorrow it's only up to 60...........Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Guess I'll break out the winter sweater.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 11th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all of you. I have been watching the Elation and the Grand Princess docking, via the webcam in Galveston. I am seriously hooked . Houston has 40F with a 12 knot wind from the north. I know those people who are on the ships are thinking, "What happened? It was nice and warm now it is winter here!" So goes the weather in Texas. Everyone have a great day!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 11th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........guess I'm on the right coast......upper 50's maybe low 60's & no rain......I can handle that......

Not too much planned for today........

Y'all have a good Saturday........

Sharon
Old February 11th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Have been up baking cookies this morning. Tomorrow is my dry cleaners birthday and he was always so good to us when we'd bring in dad's suits that he insisted on wearing for days on end that ended up sort of crusty here and there.
Thomas, I've been hearing highs in the 50's for Orlando tomorrow...yikes!
Angela Z.
Old February 11th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Familiar Face

65 here in tampa, about as good as it's gonna be for a few days
They are even talking about the possibility of snow in north florida on monday
Sure hope this weather turns back to what it should be.I'd hate to go on my cruise in april without a good base tan 8)
Old February 11th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Morning. The Blizzard is Comig

Good morning from sunny, warm Southern California. Still no rain, so if we can't have that, might as well enjoy the beautious stuff we have, right?

DH and I stayed up late watching the opening Olympic ceremony. I barely stayed awake for it.

Today we plan to go to Newport Beach for shopping and lunch. So much for finishing the laundry.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old February 11th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Jake and I went out to the tropical outdoor restaurant this morning. I was so wishing we had brought the camera so that I could send you a little Florida sunshine and warmth. It's going to be cold and windy with some showers tomorrow so the restaurant will be closed. Gotta take advantage of the good weather when you get it.

I sure hope that storm isn't as bad as they say going up the east coast.

Not much else going on here. Just the usual Saturday laundry. I had the dryer vent cleaned out the other day. Guess what? There was a dead bird in there. My laundry should dry faster now, but so far it doesn't seem like it is. Hmmmmm.

Take care everyone, and stay safe.

Phyll
Old February 11th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Wacky world of weather....Calgary's forecast if for temps near to 60F today and tomorrow. But turning more blusterly for next week. Still no major snow in our forecast though

My partner is back from vacation, and back to work today, so I'm taking th day off. Think Olympic coverage and golf from Pebble Beach are on my schedule.

Just 5 weeks until I head to Pheonix for my nieces wedding, and a week of golf.. so that excitement is starting to build... and then 3 weeks later the CM Rock the Locks Cruise!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 11th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Yeoman

Default Saturday morning - the blizzard is coming

It's coming for sure. Went to get supplies and everyone is crazed with a deer in the headlights look. It's New England, folks, we've seen this before. Sure glad to get out of the traffic jams and just kick back and wait...now predicting 12-18 inches of snow; guess it is the BIG ONE!

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old February 11th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Captain

Been watching the weather and it does look like the big one for you folks. The National Weather Service has some serious color boxes and warnings on their maps.

In fact, our local weather forecast for Chicago really was more centered on what we're NOT getting!

Stay safe everyone, kick back and stay indoors!