Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning and Happy Birthday Delfthuis!

Wishing my good friend a very Happy Birthday this cold Sunday in February!
I know it will be a happy one, because she has just booked herself on a cruise leaving in 3 weeks! Nothing like a short countdown to make a birthday girl very happy!

I just got a long awaited phone call from my daughter who is home safe and sound after her adventure in Shanghai. I am sure I will hear all the details tomorrow when we go to pick up her kitten from the sitters.

Those of you on the east coast, batten down the hatches and lie low today. I hear that your storm will miss us in Montreal, but we may get a few flurries.

hope everyone has a safe and happy Sunday!

donna
Old February 12th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning and Happy Birthday, Delthius

Hi, RD. We're still in the throes of Saturday evening. Keith just told me you posted. Laptop has had problems, and he just fixed it.

No big-a***ed storms here. Indeed, we're in the 80's. I was watching Olympic pairs skating and am taking a break durimg the skiing.

We enjoyed a warm day of shopping, lunch, and dog watching in Newport Beach. Don't know what we'll do tomorrow other than the L.A.Times and breakfast.

Whatever you guys do, keep safe, keep dry, keep warm, and drive carefully. Oops. almost forgot. Happy Birthday, Delft

Judy
Old February 12th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all and Happy Birthday to our new friend up in Montreal.
I battened down the hatches yesterday for the big storm and I'm a bit angry at the weatherman. We avoided the 65 mile ride out to see Caroline and Philip yesterday but easily could have fit in the ride and a good visit without ever getting caught by the storm.
Snow started late and blankets everything outside a few inches deep. The world turns quiet as the snow absorbs most of the noises from things that go bump in the night. I guess it will snow longer and later today than predicted and they say it will get very windy.
I statred and ran the snowblower yesterday so we should be in great shape today for the cleanup.Two travel mags came in the mail yesterday
so I'll look at photos of blue water and dream the cold away.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old February 12th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! 6:30 AM and still no snow here in NH's Lakes Region. Yesterday at work I put up all the meals for today and sent them over to the cottages. they can heat and eat them there. I am enjoying an unexpected Sunday off. Happy Birthday Delfthuis!! Have a wonderful day. Have a great day all.

Laura
Old February 12th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Here in Boston too, it's the blizzard that wasn't. Those darn weathermen will scare you to death..We may have 3 inches now , and I don't hear the wind howling, like they said......a happy OY!

So, for me a day of rest today....NOT doing a thing...!! Maybe finish my book. anf have a cuppa..sound good? Does to me

Happy birthday Delf.

Make it a good one...

PS....in the short time since I posted..snow has intensified, and so has the wind..sadly, with it snowing all, day now, they may be right afterall

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 12th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........cold this morning.......but nothing like you easterners......stay warm & hope you don't get to much wind or that "S" word stuff..............gotta be carefull saying those things ya know....don't want it popping in here......

Grocery shopping today.....fun.....

Y'all have a good Sunday.........

Sharon
Old February 12th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Good Sunday morning from Houston. This morning, my temperature gauge reflected.... 24F . North of Houston it gets colder here but it was 29 downtown. Have a wonderful day all!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 12th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it's 42! Mary Lou has had the chill on each side of her cruise....looking forward to hearing about her adventures on the Mariner.
Happy Birthday Delfthuis and Happy Anniversary Mehawk and the mrs.
Hope all our mates in the snowstorm stay warm and safe. PapaBill, I don't think there's any other quiet like the quiet in a snowstorm.
Angela Z.
Old February 12th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Yeoman

Morning to all from a chilly, overcast Alabama with current temps at 30F. Yesterday afternoon we had a rare sight... Snow flurries. They were very thick for about 20 minutes but they did not stick as temp was around 40F.
Looking for a warm up about Tuesday with highs in the mid 60's.
I don't envy you guys in the Northeast.. Hope everyone's power stays on.
Delf, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
To everyone else have a great day.

Regards,
Ben
Old February 12th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Happy Birthday Delft. I like the gift you arranged for yourself. Hope you have a great day.

Happy Anniversary Michael to you and your wife.

No snow here, but it is cloudy and breezy with a temp of 50 right now. Guess we could get down to freezing tonight and tomorrow night.

Have a good one all and take care. Be careful on the snowy icy roads those of you in the northeast.

Phyll
Old February 12th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning and Happy Bi8rthday Delfthius

Angela, I just had to comment about the quiet after a snow storm. I remember that from growing up in Minnesota. There's another quiet, too, the one just before an earthquake. Everything gets silent, no birds, no wind, nothing. I can do without that kind of quiet.

Judy
Old February 12th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! 60 F in Calgary yesterday, and more of the same forecast for today. BUT.. looks like we'll be paying for it this coming week..... with BELOW zero temps by Wed, and continuing for a week.

It appears WINTER is about to arrive, and spoil the party.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 12th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Kuki,
It's warmer in Calgary than in Orlando! It's 49 right now.....guess this doesn't happen too often.
Angela Z.
Old February 12th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Z.
Kuki,
It's warmer in Calgary than in Orlando! It's 49 right now.....guess this doesn't happen too often.
Angela Z.
Angela, I just heard from DeBary on the MSN that night frost is expected and it is freezing cold. I just left in time

Here we had some wet snow today, last night was -2 C freezing, tomorrow they expect some rain, but the temperature will rise till at least 8 C this week.

Put on your wintercoat and mittens, your winter is finally coming !!

Delfthuis: gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag/congratulations on your birthday.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old February 12th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

[quote="Jacqueline

Delfthuis: gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag/congratulations on your birthday. [/quote]

So all those words say just one in English???? Wow, can you imgine how fast northerners would have to talk to get the same amount said in the same amount of time???

When I was in CT for three years, they talked faster than I could process it...I got into the habit, now my family tells me to slow down...

Jodi
Old February 12th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well I'm too late to say good morning but not too late to say Happy Birthday Delfthuis

Caribbean Village Playa Dorada: Dominican Republic All Inclusive