Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Admiral

Default There are far TOO many Mondays on the calendar !!

Ok I know there are the same amount as always.... but there are too many MONDAYS !! It seems just when your weekend gets into full rhythm the ugly work week pops in to ruin the fun !!

Hope u all have a nice Monday !!!

We are planning another trip to Vegas in May... We have stayed @ NY, NY - MGM - and Venetian !! Seen "O" and "KA" ....

so, my question for u is 2 fold -

Where should we stay for something different ?? (loved Venetian)

What show should we see with a 16 yr old celebrating his birthday ??

Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

The little storm that didn't is over. NH's Lakes Region got 2-3 inches. I know many places got slammed. The good thing is I got a Sunday off for the first time in many months. Spent the time doing household chores and relaxing. Work for me today. Have a great day all.

Laura
Old February 13th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all. It's cold outside today, temps in the teens. Local news report says we got 20" of snow here yesterday. I have at least one sore joint for everyinch.
I've never been to Las Vegas so I can't help with Steph's questions but I believe Kuki is our resident expert on Las Vegas.
Madelyn goes back to day care today and my daughter back to work, presuming they can get out of their driveway which was still buried when I last talked to them.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old February 13th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I wasn't quite sure if this was the morning thread, but I guess it is. I'm just glad to be back at work today. With the sinus problems I'm having, I might as well be getting paid to be miserable. Actually, I'm starting to feel a bit better now.

That was a nasty storm that ripped through the Northeast! I hope all of our friends along the coast have gotten through it safely. We didn't get any of the snow from that storm, so the snowblower is still taking up space in the garage. I hope it stays that way.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old February 13th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Morning all;

Vegas-well just about anywhere is fun. Look to see if the "Blue Man Group" is there. I know here the teens love it. My 17 yo saw them in Germany and wants to see them again.

Not much going on...Dryer died yesterday. Weather here no big deal, cold, temps in the 20's.

Have a safe Monday all...

Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old February 13th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Good Monday morning all. TOO MUCH SNOW OUTSIDE. We got about 18 or so inches. The biggest downfall is no school today for the kids so I end up with extra daycare kids. Not a great way to start a Monday.

My brother and his family left yesterday for Disney World. They were originally scheduled to depart Logan at 5:30 pm. They finally took off at 9:18 pm and arrived in Orlando at 12:10 am. At least they were lucky that Jet Blue didn't cancel their flights like other airlines did.

My kids are complaining because it was ONLY in the 60's in Tampa yesterday and it's supposed to be cool today. Maybe I should fly them home to the cold and snow that we have.

I worked yesterday (a half day) at WalMart and could not believe that during the blizzard people were out shopping. Most were just shopping, not out for necessities. Go figure.

Busy today finishing my tax stuff to get to the accountant. Lots of receipts to log (another downside to daycare business).

Hope everyone has a great and safe day. To those in the snow zones, be careful shoveling and driving.
Old February 13th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando....I think I heard it's 35 this morning!
Angela Z.
Old February 13th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!!! Here at the Jersey Shore we only got about 5" of snow but only a few more miles inland they got a foot or more. I decided to give NYC another day to recover before venturing to work.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!

Go team USA!!!!!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old February 13th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Good Monday morning from Houston, about 31 this morn, clear as can be. Hope all is well with each of you!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 13th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where we missed all of that storm that hit the east coast of U.S. and Canada. Instead, we had a glorious sunshiny day, although it was mighty cold, and still is at -10C. It's still sunny today and supposed to "warm up" this week, we may even hit above zero!

My daughter is home safe and sound from Shanghai, with many tales to tell.
She says she's surprised she survived the visit by not getting run over by bicycles! Trip would be proud of her for all the shopping bargains she brought back!

Well, just another work day for me. One highlight though, is that we're having a Valentine Pot Luck Lunch instead of a staff meeting today, so that will be interesting. Our staff is ethnically diverse, so there's always interesting goodies to be sampled! Mmmmmm...

donna
Old February 13th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning from a crystal clear but COLD Alabama... 23F during my commute in this morning with a high of 48F forecast, BUT Wednesday is supposed to be 68F. My world will return to normal and I will leave the cold to you northerners.
I am going to Miami on business Wednesday so even warmer temps on the way.
Have a great day everyone !

Regards,
Ben
Old February 13th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Lots of white stuff out there, but by the end of the week, it will be in the 40's, so things look good!

The newsletter I write for my store, is coming due, so I need a few articles on our spring fashions. This will put me in a warm frame of mind

Make it a good day.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 13th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A balmy 60 F in Calgary yesterday, but sadly that great weather is drawing to an end. Tolerable 30 sF today, but we're told we're gonna be COLD by Wed.

And I've got 5 weeks to get through until my trip to Pheonix

Steph.. Peter Gans is one of the top shows in Vegas, and very suitable for a 16 yr old.

It's off to work now!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Jupiter FL. Kuki, I can't believe that you are warmer than we are. They showed an aerial shot on the local news today of the power plant in Palm Beach. There were 100's of manatees in the warm water coming from the plant. Glad those guys know where to go to stay warm.

Getting my cleaning down today that I didn't finish this weekend. My aunt and sister will arrive tomorrow for a 5 week visit. Good thing they are a lot of fun.

Take is easy out there and before you know it, it'll be Tuesday.

Phyll
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

If you go to see Peter Gans, there will be NO line, but for Danny Gans the lines will be long!

He used to be in a great show years ago, as a forensic guy no less..Show was Silk Stalkings....Now he is the king of Vegas!! Go figure

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 13th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates and hpe your day is going good..I know you guys in the NE are digging out but it sure is pretty to look at. I am just sneaking in for a minute.
As little as I get to come in here anymore, I feel like a stranger or an outsider.

Have a great day all and please stay safe.
Old February 13th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Default There are Far Too Many Mondays on the Calendar

Good morning from sunny Southern California. Another balmy day with temps in the 80's.

We enjoyed the warm day by lunching at P.F. Chang's and shopping in Pasadena yesterday. I found a lovely sweater that was originally $95, but I bought it on sale for $35. Those kinds of purchases always feel good When the cool-down comes, the sweater will feel glood, too.

It's gym day for Keith.

Have a good day, all, and drive safely in all that snow.

Judy
Old February 13th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............got to sleep in this morning.....first time in a long time....so we enjoyed.......

Laundry is calling me today.......a few errands & then nothing......I like these days......

Y'all have a great Monday.......

Sharon
Old February 13th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Good morning from Vancouver. The weather has turned dreary/rainy today, but it is supposed to get cold here(around freezing) in the next week/so!
Work later today. I am off soon to go buy a cake(I am on the Sunshine Club) for 2 coworkers' 50th&60th birthdays.
Nothing too exciting to report.
BigJohn-nice to see you posting when you can!
Phyll-have you ever seen the manatees? We love manatees;only seen them at Sea World though.
Everyone take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old February 13th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Brenda there is a state park called Homosassa State park and you can swim with the Manatees there in the Crystal River! Off course it's here in Florida. manatees are so cool but I am sure they will be wiped of the earth soon also