CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   CM New Years Party of the Century Logo Artists (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/309659-cm-new-years-party-century-logo-artists.html)

Kuki February 26th, 2006 06:24 PM

CM New Years Party of the Century Logo Artists

What's happened to all of the artisitic creative juices of our CruiseMates?
Awhile back there was discussions here about some of you designing a log for the CruiseMates New Year's Party of the Century... but then it seemed to fade.

Mike's put up a gallery for everyone to view the creations; now we just need to some of the artistic productions flow.

You guys DON'T want to see Mike's stick man drawings as our logo do you? :wink:

rollerdonna February 26th, 2006 06:42 PM

I was going to post the same question Kuki, I was looking for that gallery topic and noticed no-one had submitted a log. Come on CruiseMates, I know we are a creative bunch, we have to do better than that!

donna

Mike M February 26th, 2006 07:32 PM

YES FOLKS WHAT'S HAPPENED?????????????

A lot of folks wanted a custom logo and many folks were talking about it but as of now I have not seen anything. If I don't see anything we'll end up with two stick figures and a Cruisemates logo. LOL

So come on and get those creative juices flowing. You can email me the pictures to me and I have to have them by mid-April to pick a winner when I return from China.

Take you Van Gogh's in hiding.
Mike

rollerdonna February 27th, 2006 12:08 AM

OK, I've worked long and hard (15 minutes!) and I've got one. How do I submit it to the Logo thread in the photo gallery? don't I need a password?

donna

rollerdonna February 27th, 2006 12:22 AM

Never mind, I looked back to Mike's January post and found the info.
My submission is posted.... :roll:

donna

Sea Trekker February 27th, 2006 09:03 AM

Roller Donna:
You are soooo funny !!! LOL
I love it. Mike will choose yours

Mike M February 27th, 2006 10:31 AM

Nice Donna,

So far you are in first place. I would prefer that you didn't win by default so let's get some competition in there.

C'mon folks let's get few more in the gallery.

Remember: You can email the pictures to me at mmastell@cruisemates.com and I will place them in the gallery.

Take care,
Mike

MichelleP February 27th, 2006 10:48 AM

I forwarded this thread to Mark. I'm sure he can come up with something.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Sailing gal February 27th, 2006 04:17 PM

Hi,
Oh, I thought that contest wasn't happening. I have to dig mine out of my misc. file. I wanted to have it on a colored background but I am not great working with publishing software.
I have to check out the one in there already. :)

Karen

MichelleP March 3rd, 2006 11:24 AM

Mark submitted an entry.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Dorothy March 3rd, 2006 12:35 PM

I've encouraged duct tape pro (who's not a bad artist) to come up with an entry. I love the 2 posted so far!

dorothy

rayb March 4th, 2006 12:49 PM

Would someone please post a LINK for the Logos Pictures. I can't find it by searcihing. I know I am not the brightess and I need help.

TBug March 4th, 2006 01:34 PM

I'll try to have DD do one this weekend. She has won national awards for her art. The only problem is finding the time... Does she count as a CM? She is going on the cruise too?

Was/is there a deadline?

Kuki March 4th, 2006 01:55 PM

Quote:

Would someone please post a LINK for the Logos Pictures
Ray.. in the personal photo galleries.. then just scroll down.

T - We'd love to see a creation from your daughter. No time limit since we've got some time yet before the cruise.

Y2C March 4th, 2006 03:36 PM

Ray B,
here is the link for the Cruise of the Century logo.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery2/view.php?id=367

emptynester March 5th, 2006 12:48 AM

Can someone draw Mike in a New Year's baby diaper!? :shock: That might be good. So far both are good, it is hard to decide at this point - comical or elegant.

Deb

Mike M March 5th, 2006 08:43 AM

Mark,

It looks GREAT. You even have the four colors down!!! Let's see some more and make it a hard voting competition.

BTW: I now take a smaller diaper. LOL

Gallery location: http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery2/view.php?id=367

to get in: email is mmastell at cruisemates.com use the @ sign
password century

Take care,
Mike

TBug March 5th, 2006 11:37 AM

Mike, I know somewhere you posted the spec's you wanted for this logo but I can't find it. Sorry. Can you tell me again...

Also, I think she is going to do it all hand drawn, not computer generated so how do I get that to you?

Tina

Kuki March 5th, 2006 03:26 PM

T

If it's hand drawn you'd have to scan it (or have someone scan it) and then e mail it to Mike.

Mike M March 5th, 2006 03:41 PM

Here is my original post: I will also repost it in the Cruisemates Cruise area as a sticky.

For anyone who wants to take a shot at creating a logo for The Cruise of the Century, I have created a gallery in the Cruisemates Personal Photo Gallery where logos can be displayed.

You can post your logo in the gallery: The email is: mmastell@cruisemates.com
password: Century

If you don't know how or are unable to upload your logo into the gallery, just send it to me at the above email and I will put it in the gallery.

Guidelines for the logos are:

Four colors maximum:
Keep it clean:
Try to include the "Cruise of the Century" name. This isn't required.
Don't get too elaborate: Remember it "may" be reduced down.
One entry per person.
Put your name with the logo

Otherwise it's up to you.

The logo would be used, if feasible, for the name tags and the door signs.

On April 17 all entries need to be submitted. I will then set up a vote for the one that the people who are sailing prefer. The one with the most votes on April 24 will be the one chosen.

So, go forth and create!!!

Don't worry I will not be creating. I have no artistic talent.

Take care,
Mike