Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Good Tuesday morning!

Good morning from Orlando. Am I really the first one or did I miss the morning post?
Back to work today. Hope things are warming up for our northern mates.
Angela Z.
Old February 28th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's warmed up a bit here in central NY, where the temps have jumped to 15F!!! It's a heat wave!

Did anybody watch "The Apprentice" last night? How these people get in over a million applicants with an apparent IQ of a rock is beyond me. I think they choose "losers" to get through the first few shows.

Not much going on today. So...

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old February 28th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodmorning Angela, only this week left before you start the new job.

We had snow this morning, but it is all gone already, sometimes the sun is out, it is not as cold as yesterday.

Busy at work, so I leave you again.

have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old February 28th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny cool Florida.

Today we are going to the park by the inlet, and having a cookout. My brother will be coming up on the wheelchair van to join us. Should be fun.

We're having a good time, but it is a bit of a stretch for me to have company for 5 weeks.

I got a notice yesterday that I will be on jury duty while we're on the Panama Canal cruise. Hmmmm????? Sure hope a cruise will qualify me for a reprieve from that. It's not one of the listed accepted excuses.

Have a good one all.

Phyll
Old February 28th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Well, it's pouring rain here in beaUtiful "sunny" southern California! Unfortunately I have to drive downtown to a meeting across from Parker Center but hopefully traffic won't be too bad....

Hubby & I are ADDICTED to the Apprentice....it's amazing how people with such high I.Q.s can have such a low level of common sense...but it certainly makes for an interesting show....

Have a great day, all!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old February 28th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Busy day today, lots of running around. Broadway calls tonight. ODD Couple (kids got us tickets to this months ago).
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old February 28th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl...middle daughte ronce again went to school on time, dressed well and last weeks test papers came back at almost 100%.Only by the grace of God and lots of prayers. Today my dh is taking her to a psychiatrist<sp?> that she wants to see.She is a christian and we are hoping this will help our daughter overcome some of her issues and she will learn how to deal with some.

I have the "task" today to go cruise shopping I need a few things and my dh remineded me he gets burned easily so I need to get him a high factor sun tan lotion. Need flip flops, water shoes all the good stuff you will need in the sun and on the ocean. I think we are staying onboard in Nassau and sleep in and just spend time together.

Phyll, I don't know how you do it. I have strict rules with people coming here, 2 weeks is the max. My girlfriend from Germany and her daughter might come her ein the summer and that's it:2 weeks I love them but I want to keep them as my friends

Okay, have a great day mates!
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All...It is a sunny day here in wc Ark and going up into the 60's and 77 tommorrow. I guess spring is trying to springy.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and please try to stay safe.
Just 9 more sleeps until we leave for Reno. Yeaaaaa Budddddy.
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where despite Angela's good wishes, it's still mighty cold! Looks like -15 with a -30 wind chill factor, and beleieve me, that's not pleasant on the face walking to work! I tried putting a Caribbean music CD in my walkman this week, but it's really not helping!

It took alot of pulling teeth to work out, but I managed to get 4 different people to cover my shift next Monday so I can go to Texas! It's March break here next week, so alot of other teachers had already booked subs for a day off here and there.
So, look out Texas, here I come!

donna
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Still cold here (-4) but it is supposed to warm up!

Ski team coming and still lots to do. Work this morning.

Yesterday morning I had a call from my friend from India. We attended Bible School at the same time. I would bring him home during vacations during the year when he had no place to go. He also lived with us one summer. He his coming for his 20th class reunion (he was a year behind me). He is coming for a month so he can visit all his friends. He wants to come sometime in April. I'm excited to see him and hear all about his family and life back in India.

That is all that is going on in my world.

Hope you all enjoy a fun-filled day!
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

As Jean said it's finally raining, cats and dogs, It's keeping me awake so I get to post.

Judy is under the weather with another cold and sinus infection. She called the doctor and he asked if she'd had this before. She said yes and he said, well you've got it again.

As we are told every time we turn around, everyone Have A Good Day!

Keith
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Gang!!! I am writing to again from my deathbed (nothing like a bad cold to turn me into a 225 pound whimpering baby) . Marj left me a list of things to do "if you feel up to it." Although it sounds like it gives me an out, the reality is I have to do some of it or I will be feeling even worse later on . Anyone else getting addicted to "Deal or No Deal" ?

Hope everyone has a great day!!! <achooo> <cough>

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Yeoman

G'day mates from another beautiful day in the Heart of Dixie. Clear skies and temps up to around 70F by afternoon. Not Spring yet, but it is coming!!
Reading about the temps up north just gives me chills. How do you guys survive ?
Sitting here in my office at work watching the traffic go by below.. Nothing special for my day.
Have a safe one guys !

Regards,
Ben
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates. Hope all of you are having a better morning than me. I am home sick with a horrible cold. My head hurts, all my muscles ache, my nose is dripping, I'm coughing stuff up, my throat hurts, and I can hardly talk.

Everyone disinfect your keyboard after reading this.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old February 28th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Funny Michelle! I know the cold is NOT funny, as I am still suffering the residual effects from last week's cold. My sympathies are with you and Doug, and disinfecting the keyboard might be a good idea, because you probably caught it from me!

donna
Old February 28th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning,

Running late today so this will be short.

How are you? I am fine. Skies clear, temps in the teens, still bald.

Have a nice day,
Mike

(Phyllis: Wear Army fatigues, combat boots, hat and show up smoking a Cuban cigar and shout Viva La Revolution. That should get you out of jury duty)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 28th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning,

Like Michelle, I got something nasal going on according to some very early symptoms. So I get to spend this afternoon at the Dr's office. 10 days until I fly, 12 days until I sail and I don't want any drips, wheezes, or hacks between me and the sea. Whatever the Dr. advises or administers, I'm backing up with a hot toddy at bedtime tonight! That'll nip it in the bud!

Have a great day, all. And a speedy recovery, Michelle!

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)
Old February 28th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........raining.......is that a surprize?!?!?!

Not too much going on today......a few errands.....

Y'all have a good Tuesday.........

Phyll........hope that a paid cruise is enuff to get ya outta jury duty.....

Sharon
Old February 28th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Admiral

HI!

Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old February 28th, 2006, 11:36 AM
First Mate

Good morning
It looks like our winter has finally started up here , the forcast is for some of the coldest days this winter. We finally have some snow.
grant
Old February 28th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs,
It was chilly this morning during my walk, but now is into the 70's and for the rest of the week 80 dgrees. Love Florida in the winter! Sorry everyone is under the weather wishing you all a speedy recovery, especially going on a cruise.
PHYLL, the same thing happened to me, so i callled their number right away explained my situation and they changed the dates for my jurry duty. Good Luck.
Old February 28th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Forecast in Calgary today is for another big dump of snow ... though temps should stay above 0 F. I hope they are wrong about the snow, because driving here the last few days has sucked.

Considering how common snow is here we truly have an awful snow removal system.

At work for the past month it seems that every time I walk in the door I've been dealing with a continuous stream of "disasters", some staff related, but most of it maintennce issues of dealing with a 100 year old building. I thought we'd finally got a handle on it, and then last night found out a drain pipe buried in the floor in the bar (bar is in the basement) is plugged (with god knows what), and we have to break up the floor around the service bar to get at the pipe to replace it. A huge job, costing more mega bucks... never mind the disturbance to business.

Have to admit that all this is getting to me, watching thousands and thousands of cruise dollar be "drained" away to keep an old building operating.

Seems this had turned into another "so you wanna be the boss" rants
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 28th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Good morning from another dreary day here in Vancouver.
I went to a cooking class last night: Tex-Mex. It was quite good and I came home stuffed! Got a couple of recipes I may try.
No time for much perusing the Boards today. I have quite a few pair of leggings my daughters have outgrown/don't like anymore to hem into bike shorts to send to Sri Lanka. There is a group from my daughter's High School going to an orphanage that look after blind&deaf 6-17 yr.olds. I also sent some other things-toothpaste,soap,crayons,etc. It sounds like a wonderful trip-too bad my daughter could not have gone. You have to sign up in Sept.($$). A bad thing is the teacher that does those trips(Global Awareness club) is probably retiring. Her husband is Sri Lankan. They have also gone to Guatamela and India.
Hope everyone feels better soon!
Doug-saw quite a bit of the previous ones of Deal/noDeal.
Keith-you must be happy with the rain down there! As long as it doesn't turn to mudslides!
Take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old February 28th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Admiral

Well,it is now afternoon here in Houston. Had a very busy day today so,.... Getting warm again but sunny. Hope all had a good day

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 28th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Admiral

Hi
Not much going right now. I just want to comment on the jury duty. In 1998 I was summoned for jury duty after our neighbors had purchased the tickets for our first cruise. It was their treat. Merry Christmas. I explained it to the jury people and got dismissed. That was for a court outside our local city but over in Ft. Pierce. Later, my number came up for my local area.
Now, my number has come up again-for March- and I have nothing planned. My question is this: Do I send in the questionnaire ahead of time? I do have to check with my workplace again about compensation.

I'd rather be on a cruise! Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old February 28th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Admiral

A little late but wishing everyone a great day
Continued thoughts and prayers going out to all
Cheers
April