Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Money Makes The World Go Around!

Listen to this..........I went to the Bank of America today, to cash a large check. The woman behind the counter, gave me a few 50's, and the rest in ALL 20's! She then plopped it down, to give it to me, without counting it.

I asked her, if she had larger bills, she said no. A supervisor then walked by, and answered that they had NO large bills, and if I wanted to come back, perhaps after the "delivery", I could get some. With an inch stack of bills in front of me,she didn't even offer an envelope to put the money in!

I was stunned, by the way this transaction took place, and told them I wanted to count the money. The "greeter" started to take me to this room, that looked like a daycare room. Before I could even sit down, this woman, who had a ski parka on, and looked like a kid, said to this woman, bring her over here so, I can witness it being counted. I counted it in front of her,& told her I was not a happy camper, that this $$ was not counted before it was given to me. Before she could get a word out of her mouth,the "greeter" said, oh, I can answer that....we have a counting machine, that we trust it does the job! Sorry kiddo, this was not a hundred bucks!!!

Before I smacked someone, I had to get out of there.

This bank, was something else before it became a bank, I forget what, and it's the most unappealing place to do business I have seen in a long time.

I then went to my bank, to continue on with my business, and I told them what had just transpired. She was amazed that they did not even count the money, and surprised by their demeanor. I continued on, to transact my business, with a lovely woman, in a nice office, and given the courtesy, that every customer should be given.

I am calling this mega bank tomorrow, and giving somone a piece of my mind..Have you ever had money given to you in a bank, and not had it counted in front of you? Is it just me?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Trip,

I find this strange but I do most banking at the local branch of Wells Fargo but I know that at many banks it has become extremely impersonal. The training that tellers go through is not the same as it once was and many people don't know how to do some basic functions.

I actually only go inside of the bank about four times a year. The rest of the time I bank electronically or use an ATM. The ATM doesn't count the money either.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 10th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Admiral

I would be upset by the treatment also, Trip. Luckily, I have a very good relationship with my bank. I'm sure part of it has to do with the fact that it is also the same bank my company deals with and they know me from work also. It is not uncommon for me to walk into the bank and have the vice president greet me by name. I know that cannot happen everywhere or to everyone, but I am fortunate it does happen to me. Trip, let us know what they say when you call today.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 10th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Admiral

I am like the other Mike, to the effect that I do 99% of my transactions online. I am blessed that I do not have to go inside and cash checks except for the odd exception. When I do have to do that, I do stay there and count it in front of the teller, even after the same teller counts it out to me. I bank at Chase and have for years. You suffered through poor customer relationship and should call their main office.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 10th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Admiral

It does seem quite odd, and somehow very unprofessional.
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I just spoke to the customer service dept, at this bank, and, since I don't have an account there, there is NO way to enter a complaint into the system. I wanted to spit nickels! Now, I have to write a letter of complaint, to be heard..... just another brick in the wall!!! OY!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 10th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Trip, i am not surprised that something like that happened to you dealing with Bank of America. I will not do business with that bank.