Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default PapaBill, it is Friday, so

goodmorning to you and all the cruisemates that follow.

In Amsterdam the weather is not bad, no rain for the first time this week, no cold wind either, it is not summer yet, but hey, how long can it take

Another busy day at the hospital. I wish you all a nice day and a terrific weekend. For those who go on a cruise: happy sailing, enjoy every minute.

For the Mates under the weather: get well soon.

Read and post cruise reviews

Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jacqueline and all the CM's to follow. Friday, yes!!!!!!!!
Although the weeks seem to fly by, I'm still glad it is Friday. We are off to WV after work today to spend the weekend with Jackie. I've not been to her new house in a couple of months.....and this time, there are no projects planned around the house. Just going for a nice visit. I am really looking forward to that. Woke up to very high winds this morning, but mild temperatures. I hope you all have a great day!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 10th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Friday Morning!!! It is a cool 51 here in Austin and it's going to be a beautiful day. I finally posted my trip report under ship reviews. It was on the Costa Mediterranea.

Caribbean Village Playa Dorada: Dominican Republic All Inclusive
Old March 10th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a balmy 52F here in upstate NY, where we will be getting some strong winds today, too. That's OK, I'm ready for spring!

DW saw her doctor to check on the knee. He told her to get rid of the crutches and start walking on that leg. Unfortunately, the way she's limping, it looks like she'll hurt something else before long. She wants to go to the mall tonight to get some books at the used book sale they have twice a year. That will be interesting.

I've got a fasting blood work to get done tomorrow morning, and a funeral to sing at afterwards. Then it will be some housework. Another busy day.

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 10th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Cruisemates!!!!Warm springlike weather here in NH's Lakes Region for the weekend. Of course I have to work all weekend Errands to do this morning then off to work. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura
Old March 10th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Wonderful Friday morning all! Houston has 49F and FOGGGGGGG!!!!!! Holy cow is it ever foggy . I have been perusing the 'net for another trip for this year. Yes, a SECOND one to go with the one I want to do. 8) . I luvvvv 2 cruise. I might even do a third one if I can fit it into my schedule. No brag, just fact . See all of you later my friends!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 10th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where we're having a heat wave! It's +5C this morning, the first time it's hit the +'s in a long time. That's about 41F and feels darn good. This weekend it's supposed to hit +10C (50ish F) so it will be even more pleasant. Unfortunately, rain comes with the warmer temps, but at least it will melt the snow! Can you say "Spring?"

Hubby got home last night, late, and exhausted after a long day's travel from San Antonio. He's happy to be home, but sad he had to leave the 85 degrees behind! I'm just glad to have him back.

donna
Old March 10th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It is warming up, already 35. The schols are all delayed 2 hours as the dirt roads are all glare ice. Walking the dog was a little tricky this morning. Supposed to reach the high 50's today, and rain most of the day. The ground is still saturated.

Not too much else going on.

Good Day to you all,
Old March 10th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from Southern California. It's very windy, woke me up a couple of times and we are suppose to get a lot of rain. Been on the new job for 4 days now and enjoying it but thank goodness it's Friday. Many changes at the hospital but not hard to catch on. Hardest part is getting up SO early but I love coming home early.

Tomorrow is MIL's 80th birthday. What a wonderful, loving woman who still drives, shops and lives in the 3300 sq ft home my DH grew up in!! The whole family, about 20 of us are surprising her at Buca di Beppos, her favorite restaurant, for dinner. Each family member is giving her a rose so she will have a beautiful bouquet.

Have a great day everyone!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 10th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Friends do not ridicule each other in public or private. I've had enough.
It has been nice.
Goodbye.
Papa
Old March 10th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Going to bea warm and sunny day here,and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

Papa, you made a suggestion, a constructive one at that, and I applaud you for doing so. You don't kill the messenger, and I think the sarcasm is unnapreciated by many, and now it could be my turn, but so be it. Double posting has happened to many, including me. Papa, I sure hope to see your smiling face on the morning thread tomorrow.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 10th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBill
Friends do not ridicule each other in public or private. I've had enough.
It has been nice.
Goodbye.
Papa
This was not to ridicule you, just with a smile. Sorry you take it this way, it was not ment to be.

Jacky

Old March 10th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Yeoman

Top of the morning from an absolutely gorgeous Alabama heading toward a high of 77F today.
Yesterday evening was a different story with huge winds ( clocked up to 80 mph ), heavy rain and hail. Fortunately for yours truly, the major storm passed about 70 miles north of us. Many communities had some structural damage and there was a lot of power outages, but fortunately, we were spared.
From reading the previous posts it does appear that Spring is coming to all. I don't hear any complaints.
FastEddie, you are getting so good with your nursing and housekeeping, I might like to hire you.
Hope BJ has a good, safe, fun trip to Reno today.
Hey Papa, you have got to stick around. You have an eloquent way of posting and these boards would not be the same without you !
Have a good one guys and be safe.

Regards,
Ben
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......can you say icy?!?!?!?!?! North.....south....wrecks everywhere!!!! hopefully Larry & the kid don't have any problems on the road..........they have a long commute today.....

Not much on the agenda today......a few errands....but I'll wait til it warms up a bit......

Y'all have a good Friday........

Sharon
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The forecast snow in Calgary turned out to be just a skiff of flurries, thankfully. So my drive in to work today should be relatively normal. Temps of about 20 F to deal with. Not too ugly.

I'm busy counting down to our Phoenix soujourn. Just 10 days to go.

PapaBill - You had better NOT go anywhere or you'll have a moose tracking you down!!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 10th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning Today its a balmy 54 degrees with a bit of rain. Its a heat wave for this time of year. HAHAHA

Working at home today and loving it.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old March 10th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Default PapBill, It's Friday, So

Another good morning from Southern California. Lookin' forward to more rain. We've piled up the fire wood, and we're ready to go!

Today is gym day. Laundry, lunch, and a manicure/pedicure later.

Have a Good Friday, All!

Judy
Old March 10th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Good morning from another snowy day here in Vancouver! The snow yesterday really melted by about 5:30pm , but then last night about 10:30 I looked out..and wow! was it ever coming down! Now the sun is out again and should quickly melt our beautiful snow. Made my eldest walk to school and I walked my youngest to school-it looked a bit icy at 7:15am.
I am leaving tomorrow morn with my girls for a quick Spring Break holiday to my sisters house in the Okanagan Valley. We will be doing a bit of work on my Mum's house(it is still up for sale). Anybody want to buy a beautiful 1 1/2(or2) acre lot in a nice area??lol So I will not be around until next Thursday.
PBill-I sure hope you are not seriously leaving CruiseMates!
Everyone take care. Bye for now. Brenda