Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Good Sunday Morning CruiseMates

Good Morning cruisemates from the insomniac in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Lord only knows what I'm doing up, or why.... but just haven't been able to get to sleep. So, here I am.

Saw on our weather report earlier that one year ago today we had temp in the mid 70s F. Today our high was 0 F.

Like most everyone I'm beginning to prepare for "tax time". Maybe that's why I can't sleep.

Mrs Kuki heads up to Edmonton tomorrow to watch Kuki Jr do his first "moot court" at law school on Monday. I was supposed to go along, but a meeting came up Monday that I have to attend, so Kuki Jr's girlfriend is going with her.

My meeting is with someone to discuss the purchase of my hotel/bar... so maybe another reason I'm not sleeping now

Thankfully, just one more week to a week off in Phoenix, and another 42 days until our Canal "Rock the Locks" cruise. Just too darn much going on for a "getting older by the day" guy like me. I need a rest
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning Antlerhead, another one here who can't sleep. Mrs. Thomas' cell phone went off this morning at 5:35 a.m. and it woke us up. She was unable to get to it before the voice mail kicked in but she did see that it was a new server we hired about 4 weeks ago. She did not leave a message but at this hour of the day it cannot be good news. Ugh.

Regards,
Thomas
Old March 12th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from Houston/Galveston. Cloudy with 72F, high humidity, yech!! . Kuki, selling your place?? . I trust you and DW have plans for the future. What is up with this weather? To all who follow... have a great and fabulous day!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 12th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Sorry guys,
I truly did look but didn't see this post when I started one, but I edited it.
Probably because I only had 3 hours of sleep and no coffee. Gotta get ready for church, then prepare to entertain some more.

Have a good day
Old March 12th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Kuki,

You are just dreading the fact that I won't be here for three weeks. Or are you just so excited that you won't have to put up with me.

After our unseasonably mild weather a heavy snow warning is in effect for tonight. Oh well, it is supposed to stop by tomorrow. I have a number of things to do then. An appointment with the lawyer, doctor and accountant. Gee, three people who all have more money than I do all because they've taken all of it.

Today is just some house cleaning, dog bathing, and trip document organizing.

Kuki: Good luck on the sale but it will be "different" with you not being the proprietor. Also, good luck on Young Kuki at Law's first moot court appearance. I can always use a good attorney.

Thomas: I hate those early morning work calls. I knew that my life had changed when we moved the phone to Betty's side of the bed.

To everyone: Have a beautiful Sunday and fantastic week.

Oh BTW: Do you know I'm going to Hong Kong this week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 12th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Another beautiful day in store for NH's Lakes Region. Work for me of course. Have a great day all.

Laura
Old March 12th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

You can tell it is almost spring around here. Yesterday we saw our first robins, and today we are having our first thunderstorm. The poor cats have forgotten how noisy it can be, so they are walking on pins and needles (that is, when they aren't hiding under the bed).

Today, we are going to see "The Music Man" at a local high school. The female lead is one of the members of our church choir. She has a fantastic voice, and she should do the part proud.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 12th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Yeoman

Top of the morning from a beautiful Alabama with current temps at 70F and a high of 83F... I know we are in the south, but this is rediculously warm for this time of the year.
I have an exciting day planned. DW noticed our dog has used the corners around our bed as a fire hydrant so I have been instructed to use the carpet cleaner. I told her I would consider it, but that was vetoed, so carpet cleaning it is.
When I saw Kuki started this post I temporarily panicked as he usually is around the back end and not the front end. Thought I had slept too long.
Ed, the " Music Man " is one of my favorite musicals. Hope you enjoy it.
Mike, keep that snow where you are..
BTW, any of you Canadians out there.... I see where Kuki is getting ready for taxes. April 15 is our day of horror in the US. When is yours ?

Regards,
Ben
Old March 12th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Mornig, CruiseMates

Good morning from a once-again sunny Southern California. We had rain all day yesterday, but it's just as cold and windy today. Saturday noon, it was 48 in downtown Los Angeles.

I am the proud new owner of an iPod Nano that I don't know a single thing about! I want to play music on the plane when I travel.

Keith took a cue from Mike and is making pancakes this morning. Yummy!

Have an excellent Sunday, all.

Judy
Old March 12th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............slept in....yeah.......

Not too much going on today........grocery shopping......pedicures......Larry wants to go to his speciality woodworking store.........always fun to go there.......I can find ALL kinds of things to buy.......

Y'all have a good Sunday.........

BTW.......Mike....you're going to Hong Kong?!?!?!?!?! hmmm....they have fabric there...........

Sharon
Old March 12th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning 'Mates, it's a nice day here in Austin. I got sleep in this morning lol. I hope everybody has great day today.

Caribbean Village Playa Dorada: Dominican Republic All Inclusive
Old March 12th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon everyone, I guess I missed the Good Morning! Went out for breakfast then some reno-shopping this morning. Did not buy anything, but picked out a few things for the bathroom. Not doing major reno, just some updates and re-decorating. Got too tired walking around, so decided to come home and nap. James is finsihing the grocery shopping. I think I may have a relapse of the flu, I'm not sure, but I feel awful. Going to take a Tylenol Flu and lie down....

donna