CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   traumatic event (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/310589-traumatic-event.html)

richstacy March 12th, 2006 05:59 PM

traumatic event

I was the victim of a very traumatic event last week! Some of you ( a few of you anyway) may recall that in 1967, Lennon and McCartney wrote a little ditty called "when I’m 64." It had a typically great Beatles melody, and Paul sang the lead. It never made number 1, but it got lots of air time that summer.

It went:
When I get older
Losing my hair,
Many years from now,
Will you still be sending me a Valentine,
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine?

If I’ve been out till quarter to three,
Would you lock the door?
Will you still need me ,
Will you still feed me,
When I’m sixty-four?

I can remember wondering what it would be like to be terribly old, like 64. Well now I know!! McCartney will be 64 this year too. That’s not all I have in common with him. He has $400 million – I have $400. How’s that for a coincidence?

So many cruises, and so little time. :D :!:

Kuki March 12th, 2006 06:03 PM

LOL LOL LOL Cute! Thankfully I don't know the feeling YET.

Daneen March 12th, 2006 06:21 PM

Don't let those lyrics drag you down............focus on John Denver and how he marveled at the flight of the Eagle and the sound of the brook. At the ripe ole age of 46 I am amazed at how young middle aged really is! Use your years as "education" and your future years as "further education". The older I get, the less I focus on the actual age I am. As for the question of "will we still love you"...... YOU BET...or should I say BETTER.

cruisinforever March 12th, 2006 08:59 PM

Traumatic event

Me too, Rich, me too on March 30. Just can't wait, NOT! Oh well, I'd rather be over the hill than under it!

Betty

rollerdonna March 12th, 2006 09:22 PM

Betty's got a good point there Rich!
Nice that you can liken your traumatic birthday with a great old Beatle song though, makes it a little easier to take!
Happy Belated Birthday!

donna

ms_Kalamity March 12th, 2006 10:22 PM

Look at it this way.............. Every day that you wake up and don't see your name in the obits............ it's another day closer to that cruise........ Whooooo Hoooooo........... Happy Belated Birthday.......... And here's wishing for more BDays and Cruises!!!! :wink:

mehawk March 13th, 2006 08:32 AM

Two birthdays ago I received my AARP documents and invite... :shock: . Wait, I'm not old...

Tide Pride March 13th, 2006 08:41 AM

Hey Rich,
I am 58 so I have your backside and I would be proud to be posting at age 64.

Best regards,
Ben

richstacy March 14th, 2006 11:21 PM

"Look at it this way.............. Every day that you wake up and don't see your name in the obits............ "

That reminds me with St. Paddy's day coming up on Friday. of a joke I heard this week.

While he's reading the morning paper, Clancy see's his name in the obituarys. He's shocked so he picks up the phone and calls his buddy Mike.

"Mike, did ya see they had my name in the obituarys in the paper this morning?"

"Aye that I did Clancy, (long pause) where you callin from?"

CruzNut March 14th, 2006 11:56 PM

Belated happy b'day Rich ... it's just a number - next year Medicare! LOL

Paul B March 15th, 2006 01:23 AM

Just think, Social Security and Medicare await you very soon.

Then you can play pill and listen to your bones creak like the rest of us old fogies.

ms_Kalamity March 15th, 2006 03:26 PM

Cute joke Rich, I'll have to remember that for the forthcomming "O'wearin O'the Green Day" LOL

Have a Great Day
Jane

richstacy March 15th, 2006 04:09 PM

Ms Kalamity, I'm shinin up my Guinness glasses already!

fllady March 15th, 2006 07:23 PM

64, no big deal, did that 3 months ago and I'm still getting ready for another cruise. Its only a number. I am just thankful I made it this far! LOL happy birthday!

cruisinforever March 15th, 2006 07:59 PM

Traumatic event

We sure are in good company, don't you think Rich?

Betty

ms_Kalamity March 15th, 2006 09:31 PM

Guinness......... that stuff is thick!......... Have you watched the movie Mrs. Doubtfire w/Robin Williams? Remember that Mrs Doubtfire claimed that her husband was killed by the drink! Got run over by a Guinness Truck!! Be Carefull when you cross the street!

LOL Enjoy!

Jane

bigjohn461 March 17th, 2006 03:12 PM

Just hang on to those lyrics. I will need them in about 12 more years 8) . I do remember the song well. I too (at the age of 18) could not even marvel at becoming 50 yrs old and now I am 2 yrs past that. :roll: Ohhh Welll...age is just a number. I tried to act like I was 20 yesterday, working in the yard, and today I feel like...........not 20 anymore.. LOL LOL