Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Admiral

Default Anyone done a clipper cruise or cruised Vietnam?

I posted this on the Asia board and my post is gathering cob webs. Just wondering if any of you experianced cruisemates has done this cruise if so how was it? If not the Vietnam cruise did you cruise Clipper? How is the motion on the small ships? Food, activitys, lectures etc?
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Passenger

My husband cruised off Vietnam in 1969. I don't think he liked it much! Don't think the ship had any amenities!

Becky
Old March 14th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Admiral

I cruised Vietnam in 61 and 64. Same deal. Food wasn't anything to write home about, and they put us off the boat for an extended period of time. The cabin was huge, but they booked about 75 other guys in it with me. I think I'll choose another line in the future!
Seriously, sorry I can't help.
Ken
Old March 14th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Admiral

We just cruised Vietnam this past October. We were on Seven Seas Mariner which is larger than the Clipper ships.

Vietnam is a fantastic place to cruise. We went into Hong Gai for tours to Hanoi. Well worth seeing. We overnighted there and then sailed through Ha Long Bay. Next stop was Chan May, a deep water port between Da Nang and Hue. We arranged a private tour of Da Nang that was fantastic. Next stop was Saigon for two days. Quite interesting sailing up the Saigon River. Along with a tour of Saigon, we took a tour to Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple.

This was part of a longer cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore. This itinerary is repeated by a number of different cruise lines. One port that we didn't stop at in Vietnam that many enjoy is Nha Trang. This is a resort town.

Hope this helps.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old March 16th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the information. Vietnam looks so interesting and beautiful despite the sad poverty. I do think the history here would be very interesting and the landscapes, I hope more companies offer these ports in the future.