CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Regal Princess - say it ain't so!!!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/310933-regal-princess-say-aint-so.html)

BKcruiser March 18th, 2006 05:02 PM

Regal Princess - say it ain't so!!!!

:-?

HELP! Say it ain't so!!!

I will be sailing on the Regal Princess in July. I am reading some bad stuff about this ship. Bad food, no midnight buffet, limited room service menu.... please ease my mind and say it ain't so!

Thanks

CruiseAholic March 20th, 2006 06:34 AM

I believe that the room service menu(s) between ships is fairly standard.

I'd venture to guess that the comments you are hearing are from people who went on her and are trying to compare her to the newer/glitzier ships. She is a bit older and much more sedate in decor, but that being said, is one of my favorite ships (71 cruises, 36 on Princess). Love her wide halls and layout.

Food opinions are very subjective, I take food comments with a grain of salt, as one person thinks Ruby Tuesday is gourmet and others don't, food on ships is the same for opinion.

Go and have a great time!

BKcruiser March 20th, 2006 11:50 AM

Thanks so much for the info...

I know I shouldn't worry about what people think... I have heard that the ship is smaller but some people (like yourself) seem to enjoy that better than the big ships. :) Since I've only been on 1 other cruise (and it was a small ship also) I won't have anything to compare it to.

No matter what - I will have a great time! Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

rayb March 20th, 2006 01:23 PM

In 2002 We cruised on the Regal for 72 days. 4 B2Bs. We sailed from Honolulu and disembarked in Sydney. She is a beautiful ship 69,845 tons. She entered service in August 1991. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and would go again on her if the opportunity comes again. The food was excellent and the service was fine. They offered us an upgrade but we choose to remain where we were for the duration of the cruise. We met many new friends from all parts of the globe. The ship you will enjoy.

LisaK March 20th, 2006 02:54 PM

she won't have all the "bells and whistles" of her larger-newer sisters but her name says it all.
FYI - i believe that Princess has done away with the Midnight Buffet fleet wide, the buffet is open 24hrs.

BKcruiser March 20th, 2006 03:58 PM

Thanks for all the great information. I'm feeling better already! Now, can someone help July 5th get here faster! :)

Thanks again!

Irish March 20th, 2006 04:19 PM

Don't know about the ship, but that is a great logo. I have been a Cubbie fan as long as I remember. My sons are know 2nd gen.

John 8)

BKcruiser March 20th, 2006 08:21 PM

Hi there,

I lived in Chicago for almost 20 years - we tried to go to as many Cubs games as we could. There's nothing better than skipping out of work early to go to a 1:00 game! Not much baseball in Las Vegas - although we are close to Mesa and get to go to spring training most years. At least I still get to watch them on WGN and they usually come to Vegas once a year for our Big League Weekend. They will be here April 1st.

Keep believing - they will make it some year! :)