Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning 'Mates, wow two good morning threads in a row. Well we have a chance for thunderstorms today here in Austin. I hope that I can get home from work before they hit. Well, have a nice Sunday everybody.

Caribbean Village Playa Dorada: Dominican Republic All Inclusive
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Admiral

I guess us Texans got the award today !! Couldnt sleep so I popped in to catch up...

We have had rain for the first time in 127 days... of course it was on the day of our open house @ moms ! Oh well... rain is rain, we are glad to have it... hail & heavy winds in our forecast today with more of the wet stuff ! We had MAJOR windstorm last Sunday that caused damage all over the city. I came home to find a boulder had fallen off a ledge onto my pond filter which shattered and ran my pond almost completely dry. I was shocked to find 82 fish in less than 3 inches of water... talk about panic... I was home alone & started throwing the hoses in & putting the fish down in the deep end, etc... I was scared to death ! After I got the pond full again, it started draining down so we realized te liner was torn... do in 50+mph winds, I again caught 62 fish & relocated them to the back pond... it was almost 10 pm time I was done !

I have had nightmares all week about fish... go figure !! They have become my babies and Im determined to save them !

Well, enough of that... hope u all have a great Sunday !! Relax, do something fun before Mr Monday starts calling !!

Steph
Old March 19th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning, TDMan, Steph and all the CM's to follow. It is a beautiful sunny morning here in the "Burgh", although very cold.
I've been scarce here on the boards for a couple of days because of an eye injury....it seems to be getting much better now.
TDMan, I hope you get home before the storms....stay safe!
I'm hoping to meet Jackie at the mall this afternoon before her trip back to Parkersburg, WV. It all depends on the basketball schedule on tv today. I hope you all have a great day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 19th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Up early to go to church.

To those, who like Thomas found the need to question and analyze the North Pole sunset photo I posted, sorry if you were offended. (see North pole sunset post for further info) It was a beautiful photo, real or otherwise, that I wanted to share. We all at times need something beautiful and serene to looke at. I will think differently next time about posting something.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Old March 19th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............sunshine for today......so the weather man says......sure hope so....could use it.....feels good to look out at it.....

Not too much going on today.......grocery shopping........

Y'all have a good Sunday..........

<edited to say this>
I say y'all.......does that make me a kinda Texan?!?!?!??

Sharon
Old March 19th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Default Tex #3

Texan number three checking in... Houston has 71F, rain in the forecast, currently have "sprinkles" here and there. Texas dominates today!! Life is good lately and for that, I am thankful to Him. Watched the RCL ship come in to Galveston, via the webcam of Galveston, jsut a moment ago. Can't wait to be on that dock again to catch my own cruise out!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 19th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Admiral

It seems the Texans have a monopoly on the morning thread this morning, so I'm here to "even it out" from way up north in Montreal!
It sure feels like "way up north" again today! Snow and -7C is what we're looking at for the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade in downtown Montreal.
It's always a great spectacle and a great time, but I won't be going. Don't feel well enough to be standing on a street corner freezing my patooties off!
Still fighting that "bug", and hoping another day's rest will help....

Nolou, I thought the photo was beautiful and serene, and thank you for posting it.

donna
Old March 19th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All and I am holding the middle together from a wet and soggy Ark...We need the rain though, and I am thankful for it.
Working today and off the next two. YiiiPPPeeee..

hope you all have wonderful and safe day.
bigjohn out.
Old March 19th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Donna, because you have family in San Antonio, TEXAS, you can be a honorary Texan .

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Sunday to you all, have a great day.
Nolou, don't even give it a second thought, the picture was beautiful. there will always be someone who has to say something, just ignore them. Many of us loved it. Peace to you all.
Old March 19th, 2006, 10:08 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates from the other half of Hot Springs, AR reporting in. Yep, it's been raining most of the night and has let up for now. As BJ mentioned earlier, wet, wet and soggy out there. We need the moisture tho.

We will be heading for church in a little while with our new Pastor at the helm for the first time.

If it is not raining after church, we could go out for brunch or lunch.

Everyone have a great day and be safe.

Frank
Old March 19th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Yeoman

G'day mates from a yucky looking Alabama. Currently 45F with only a high of 53F and very cloudy. Rain is on the way today and tomorrow.
Unfortunately my beloved Crimson Tide lost night to UCLA by 3 points in their March Madness Tournament. Oh well, life goes on.
I have to go swap cars with my daughter today. She is heading to Orange Beach, AL which is a part of Redneck Riviera on the beautiful Gulf Coast. I am sure most of you have never heard of this area, but it is a magnificently beautiful Gulf coastal area with deep blue waters and sugar white beaches. My granddaughter is in a softball tournament for the next few days.My auto is much larger than hers and has four wheel drive so I feel safer with her using it for the 4 1/2 hour drive down. BTW, Mike, there is a huge contingent of snowbirds from Minnesota which makes Orange Beach their winter home.
Have a good, safe day guys !

Regards,
Ben
Old March 19th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Weather was cranky yesterday just like my stomach. A new storm system will roll in Monday night.

RD, I still battle the bug, too.
Nolou, I thought the sunset pic was beautiful. Some people just can't accept beauty. They have to analyze it to death and spoil it.

It seemed as thought the whole world went to the same malls that I did on Saturday. It was windy but sunny in O.C. Maybe folks got cabin fever when it rained earlier.

Have a pleasant Sunday, CM's.

Judy
Old March 19th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Hi all,,
Checking in from the East coast of Va. No rain here,,,yet,,but we really need it. Sun is shinning but it's still chilly,,45 right now.

Ben I have family from Michigan that also "winter" in Orange beach, Al. Till they bought down that way I had never heard of it either.

Nolou I also enjoyed the photo of the sun/moon.

Hope eveyone has a fabulous Sunday afternoon,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old March 19th, 2006, 11:44 AM
First Mate

Good morning from snowy Alberta. Got about 20 inches of snow in the last couple of days. Having DD birthday party today so will have to go and move some snow so people can park, without geting stuck.
Grant
Old March 19th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary, but had a snowy night... though not as much as north of us, in Edmonton where Candymaker is. Temps are still above freezing mark here.

Have a day to get things organized at work. My partner is still in hospital battling a fever before she can go home.

I'm leaving tomorrow for my nieces wedding, so the plan is for Kuki Jr to operate the place... and if my partner is able to get back to work by Thurs. , he'll then join us in Phoenix. If not, he'll sadly stay home, and finish off the week.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 19th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good afternoon from Orlando.....guess I missed the morning but was up and busy and just now getting to sit down for a few minutes. Wish we would have some of the rain our other mates are getting.....would be wonderful to wash some of this pollen away.
Angela Z.
Old March 19th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Hi
I just saw this thread so figured I'd check in, too. We had an easy day today. Dad went home to his house 2 hours from here in Englewood, Fl, to get the mail as he been doing on Sundays. I went to see Mom after lunch and he'll be there during the supper and evening hours.She was pretty good today.
Not too much going on today, except for Trevor's wonderful steak dinner that he prepared earlier. It was nice to be able to sit out in the screen room and eat it while looking out to the trees and squirrels romping.

Not much else to report. We might play Scrabble later. Lynne

Ruby Princess