CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Hurricane Season Is Coming ! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/311097-hurricane-season-coming.html)

Tide Pride March 21st, 2006 07:29 PM

Hurricane Season Is Coming !

All of you remember the past two years ! Many storms hit us.
Katrina was the most destructive storm we have ever suffered.
A catergory V storm recently hit the northeast coast of Australia. That one was stronger than Katrina.
This is very scary folks. The forecasters are predicting another active seaon and they are predicting a major hurricane will hit the east coast of the US sometime in the next five years.
We are in some kind of weird weather cycle and it does not look good.

Regards,
Ben

Trip March 21st, 2006 08:18 PM

Here in Boston, we have had some bad storms over the years.The last bad one, Gloria, was in the mid 80's when I watched with horror as the earth around this giant pine tree heaved, up and down,and finally fell, not too far from my bedroom window. From what they said, if it hits us this year, as it might, it could very well be the big one:(

fllady March 21st, 2006 10:29 PM

After going thru 3+ the last 2 years, we in Florida take these warnings very seriously. Better to be prepared that not be. I agree the weather has been really going crazy and its only supposed to get worse before it gets better. Last year after going thru the year before twin hurricanes, DH agreed time to install hurricane shutters. We are ready, except for my chocolate which I wait till the end to get because I eat it before its needed! :oops:

TBug March 22nd, 2006 04:11 PM

Whats this? Worried about weather?

Interesting.....

Tina

( disclaimer: private joke folks, not meant to make light of the situation)

Tide Pride March 22nd, 2006 05:04 PM

Where is the bug spray ??

Regards,
Ben

cruisinforever March 22nd, 2006 06:39 PM

Hurricane season is coming

We're from New England and I remember one in '54. I was 12 and we were at the lake in Augusta, Maine. My gf and I walked up a dirt road and hid in the loft of an old barn. The other one was Hurricane Bob (I think it was '90). We were in a motel at Cape Cod and we had two 16 year olds with us. We hurriedly packed up and headed for the Bourne Bridge. Winds had reached 75 miles an hour and they closed the bridge five minutes after we got over. Not fun being chased 110 miles while towing a boat. (The teenagers, of course, slept all the way.)

Betty

Angela Z. March 22nd, 2006 08:47 PM

.....argh.....can't we skip it this year? :roll:
Angela Z.

Cindy March 22nd, 2006 08:50 PM

Thanks for reminding us. :(
Cindy

venice March 22nd, 2006 09:26 PM

and just think, there are thousands of folks on the gulf coast that are in FEMA trailiers and homes that are gutted..just try to put yourself in their place with hurricane season bearing down upon us

steph_texas March 22nd, 2006 09:51 PM

I dont know how the people in Coastal areas take it year after year... here in Texas we COULD get a tornado... but we're certainly not guaranteed several every year. I would love to live in Florida, but I dont know that I could stand it ! I would be a basket csae for all of Hurricane Season.... heres hoping its a quiet season for you all this year... I KNOW you all deserve a rest !

Steph