Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Admiral

Default Friday, Friday!! Woo Hoo

Good Friday morning everybody. Houston is cloudy and cool and everyone have a great day today. 'Tis a good day to be alive!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Cloudy here in NH's Lakes Region this morning. Busy day today eye Dr appointment in Concord this morning then off to work. Patty is coming for dinner tonight. Have a great day CruuseMates.

Laura
Old March 24th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a wonderful morning here in upstate NY, where I could actually see the sun peeking over the hills as I left for work. It's could be sure sign of Spring, except that it's 19F out there. I really wish it would warm up out there! The crocus are up but it's too cold to open up. By the time it warms up, the petals will have fallen off.

I hope you all have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 24th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it's grey today and looks like it might actually rain! YAY!
I saw in the paper this am that Jodi's cruise on the Sensation didn't leave until almost 11pm last night with the passengers having to wait out the delay in the parking lot....hope things are better for her now.
Angela Z.
Old March 24th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cloudy SE Florida. We finally got some much needed rain last night. Glad it's cleared out today. Angela, I hope you get some of it. This state is way to dry right now.

I sure hope we hear only good news from the cruiselines from here on out. The news of the last few days has been so sad.

Have a good weekend all.

Phyll
Old March 24th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl...yesterdays court date with oldest daughter went well...."dingelberry" never showed up and the judge granted her a permanent restraining order against him. He did call her a few times during the day and left messages asking how it went<crying> She is going back to the police to play it since he keeps violating the order.

On the other hand I did spend some quality time with my dh and we went to the beach and had a great lunch. But off course life with a teenager never fails and we had big problems last night. I had to ask oldest daughter to come here and find middle one, they talked and we had to have a "family" meeting. I had found something in middle daughters room that made me call the drug store to see what it is.

Sometimes I feel like I have totally failed as a parent. I have always been there for them, never worked always being a mom. We showed them love and we have been married 23 years. I don't get it.

Anyway, we are planning a trip to Busch gardens for tomorrow for allof us including oldest daughters new boyfriend<A very nice guy> My car is still in the shop <fuel pump/filter> and I am hoping it will get fixed TODAY. I am picking up the used part today. Like I said there never is a dull moment in our lives and yup I am very worn out.

Have a good day mates
Old March 24th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. What happened to the sun? Guess it went away for a few days.

Busy day as usual but at least it's Friday. We have my niece's birthday party this weekend.

Will do some shopping this weekend. After working at my local WalMart for over 3 years, we finally got a bonus check. Shared some with my DH and my kids. Will spend the rest on me. Or maybe, just maybe could find a cruise to put a deposit on.

Sue--you are in my thoughts and prayers that all is well at home. Hang in there. HE never gives us more than we can handle.

Hope everyone has a great and safe weekend. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old March 24th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest......staying warm...50's......some rain....not too bad here, but north of us it is......

Y'all have a good Friday............

Sharon
Old March 24th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning to the Cruisemate friends I have left after my tirade against smokers in the Star Princess thread.

Back home from Atlanta, have paperwork to catch up on.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 24th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Overcast and sprinkles, but a bit warmer, high 40's. Yeah!

Really enjoyed the spring concert last night. All the groups did a great job, and as usual my son had a comedy spot.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. He finally made a decision on college. I talked to my daughter yesterday and asked her to please find the cross country coach at her school, talk to him about her brother and have him call our son. He had already been offered full tuition for one year and all we would need to pay for was room and board, but he was leaning toward another school at the price of $23,000 a year. Now way we could afford that on top of what we are already paying for daughter, and hate to get further in debt. Long story short. The coach was elated to hear from our daughter. He has extra money in his budget and offered my son another $2 to 3 thousand for his first year and probably at least $4,000 next year. This was an offer even too good for my son to turn down. With the local scholarships that my son will pick up it looks like we won't even have to pay for books. What a huge blessing this is and I'm praising the Lord for His provision.

My daughter is thrilled to have someone with her in Tenn. I'm gonna hate having them both so far from home. But I'll try not to complain too much.

Thanks for putting up with my long boring posts.

Sue - continue to perservere. He is in control. We might not understand it now, but someday you will see how His Hand was at work during the whole time. Lean your tired head on Him. He will take your burden and give you rest.

Hope you all have a great start to your weekend.
Old March 24th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Morning all;

Angela- Thats interesting what happen too Jodi, do we know why?

Another cold, snowy day here in MI. This weekend Dh and I celebrate our 23 anniversary.

End of the card marking so kids have only 10 more weeks of school. This has been a great time with my son and his senior year. Pictures, german exchange program that is coming in two weeks, proms, awards, college tours and choices, girlfriends, cars and lots of friends over and tons of laughs. Sure we have had our challenges with messy trashed out cars, and some serious senioritous. We have been witness to some of the most important decisions he can make and as parents we are/were very proud how he handled it. Although teens can be a challenge and you find yourself sometimes saying, "what were you thinking", all and all a great time in his/our lives and I've been enjoying every minute. He will be out of the nest in 5 months and I can hardly stand the thought of it.

Sue I see some of your posts and honestly I don't even know what to say to you. I can't imagine living like that and I know it's been a very challenging time for you. All I can offer to you is to try to see the good more often. Play those days up as much as possible. I know that you do and try very hard. Just don't follow up a good moment with a, "but". Don't ever give up, because there is a lite at the end of the tunnel. Even if you have to shove them down that tunnel a little. Stay true to yourself, consistant in your decisions and honest at all times. Respect will come from that.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I'll see ya on Monday mornings post. Have a good one,

Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old March 24th, 2006, 09:29 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates from WC AR on this beautiful sunny day. Cool last night at 31. High today should be around 59. They say next week will begin our NORMAL temps. Yeaaaaaaaaaa.

Went into Hot Springs yesterday for a 9:30 AM appointment to have an ultra sound done. After that DW and I went over to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I was starved because I couldn't have anything to eat or drink before the test. After breakfast went to Wal-Mart and then home with rain coming down the whole time.

Not much on tap today except some chores areound the house and will unpack some more boxes that are in the garage.

Everyone have a great day and stay safe.

Regards,

Frank
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I am off and running to do some errands..We are doing a few home improvement things, and I need to follow up...Can you imagine that the estimate I got for new kitchen countertops, is more then what my new floor will be. I think he grossly. inflated it. Someone is coming Tuesday to take a look, and the new estimate sounds promising. New double entry doors, and new furniture, ordered, will finish the kitchen. I will design and make my own cornices and curtains,and voila, if I live through it all, come for lunch!!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 24th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Trip.......ya shoulda said something......Larry can do that stuff......let us know when lunch is....we'll be there......

Doug......don't worry....you still have friends here!!!

Sharon
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Default Friday Friday Woo Hoo

Good morning from Southern California where it sounds like e very large truck in the state is at my house. The house across the street is getting a major face lift. What they started at 7 a.m., I don't know, but there was no way to sleep. Guess that's why Keith was up so early.

Warm days here . . . in the 80's.

Enjoy today, eveyone.

Judy
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates from the Arizona desert... where the temps are rising and putting a smile on my face

A tough emotional day with all the bad new yesterday... and then a large family gathering last night to kick off the weekend wedding celebrations.

Know all my family, who we haven't seen for some time got extra big hugs and kisses.

Off to a golf game this afternoon, and then rehersal dinner tonight. Hoping to celebrate life and have an uplifting weekend.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/