CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   My Jaw Just Dropped! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/311433-my-jaw-just-dropped.html)

Trip March 26th, 2006 08:25 PM

My Jaw Just Dropped!

I just checked, Delta and Continental's websites for airfare for the Century cruise for new years eve...Delta's price was $1,018.00, and Continental was $1240.00. Air Tran and Jet Blue, do not have their books open yet for those dates.. I sure hope this changes, because we will not be going with these prices! I wanted to type, I didn't mean first class! [OY]

Delft March 26th, 2006 08:37 PM

trip, ou for got the vey! OMG, that is steep!

I also noticed fares on the upswing with AC.

I may look into better packages with air fare, and for a longer cruise,
travelling wih some friends who would like to go, but dont want to go on a five day cruise.

Donna March 26th, 2006 08:45 PM

OMG Trip,
Those prices are more than we will pay for the cruise. Right now at this point, its doubtful I can go anyway, if the airfares stay like that, no way, I do hope they change.

Please keep us posted, OK?

Thomas March 27th, 2006 12:06 AM

That is outrageous! It's hard to justify a cruise when the airfare is so steep. Boy, am I glad I live in Florida and can drive to any port.

Regards,
Thomas

LGriggs548 March 27th, 2006 06:40 AM

Trip,

I already booked our air for the New Years cruise. We never get good fares out of Raleigh but I found 325 on Delta for us and grabbed it immediately. After your post, I'm glad I did. And I thought 325 was too much. Guess not. I couldn't find decent hotel prices for the pre cruise, so that's why I booked the extra 2 day portion of the cruise (to help justify the high air?) and used reward points for the hotel. Keep looking, it will go down, I hope. There's always Southwest to FLL and then cab over which we do most of the time. Delta just happened to have a straight through flight down and back with no going through Atlanta so I grabbed it. Good luck and I'll keep my eyes open too. :)
Linda

sue March 27th, 2006 08:47 AM

A few weeks ago I read an arcticle that all the airlines are charging more now...period. I don't think the prices will come down any time soon :cry: :cry: I am glad I live in swfl too Thomas , this way I save on airfare also an djust drive to any of the FL ports LOL LOL

MichelleP March 27th, 2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas
That is outrageous! It's hard to justify a cruise when the airfare is so steep. Boy, am I glad I live in Florida and can drive to any port.

Regards,
Thomas

Ditto! I can't imagine paying more for airfare than I paid for the cruise!

A good site I recently found for trying to find cheaper fares (forgive me if I'm not supposed to post this) is www.kayak.com. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

LisaK March 27th, 2006 01:55 PM

Trip - that is outrageous to say the least. It might be worth your while to check into flights out of Worcester(not that far for you) TF Greene in Rhode Island or Manchester,NH. Southwest i think does go out of Worcester.

Pootersdad March 27th, 2006 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleP
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas

Regards,
Thomas

Ditto! I can't imagine paying more for airfare than I paid for the cruise!

A good site I recently found for trying to find cheaper fares (forgive me if I'm not supposed to post this) is www.kayak.com. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Another site you can look at is www.mobissimo.com. Also www.qixo.com.
:D

Trip March 27th, 2006 03:02 PM

Thanks everyone, I am still on this mission,and I am making some progress. One sight, that Tweety told me about, showed some reasonable prices, but when I clicked on one itinerary, it went to the higher priced flights that I had already looked at. The route from Boston to South Florida, is a very, very busy one here, and I really have not seen these prices in a long time.

I have checked out Providence. Flight times are awful too, I like to leave in the early morning. I am going to see what happens, in 2 months, when the return flights for January, come up for Jet blue, and Airtran. I will see what's what, unless I become lucky in my investiagtions now.

I hate to see what hotels will be, one sight had prices sky high! My usual cruise time is in October, so this is quite an eye opener.